Clicky

Tsume Xiao

GPU Help Required - Updated 3/29/2013

Thirdly: Why would I need a new copy of Windows when I already have an OEM disc? Can't I just transfer the key since it is for one computers? Also why would I want Windows 8?

*officially* you are not allowed to transfer a OEM license to a new computer, BUT there are a few standard excuses you can use in the rare case that the phone activation (which you have to use after you have used your key like 3 times) puts you through to a real person:

1. Your crappy operating system crashed beyond recovery and I had to format.

2. My motherboard broke and they gave me a different replacement.

3. I got hacked because your operating system is so insecure and had to format.

I've not had to talk to anyone yet and I've re-activated my win7 a number of times >.> Also shun win8.

Right...

Well after the latest changes SOE did to Planetside 2 it will actually run with an acceptable framerate on my laptop. Now that I am back at home, hooking up to my laptop just requires shutting down the desktop, clearing the desk (unplugging keyboard), setting up laptop (cooler, mouse, Ethernet, power). I don't have to reset the modem like I did at the apartment so it is slightly less of a pain in the ass.

Kinda sucks because that means I basically wasted money on a new GPU But at least when I get money to upgrade my computer I will have a nicer GPU.

Edited by Tsume Xiao