Clicky

Aryte

Inoue Katsu - Imperator's Star Nomination

The creator of possibly one of the most important cogs in the Ordo's operations in Second Life, upon which our sim's security, our weapons systems operation, our ranks and god knows what else depended on. Without your constant tinkering and working away on Mercury the Ordo would not have been what it was in SL.

Whilst I haven't been around long enough to remember a time before Mercury, I know without that genocidal, megalomaniacal and surprisingly amusing bot we would not have reached the heights we did. So thank you Inoue, you are more then deserving of the Imperator's Star for all the time, effort and work you have put in.

Edited by Huttser

Inoue, you are one of the few legendary Ordo members. Those who have been here since the NOI-era and never ever failed in performing her duties to an excellent level. If you forget about scripting a gear-auth eating pissed off drone and Skynet who has threatened the average Ordo member more than any army of group of mindless orkz could and an experimental Astra fighter that shot skittles.

Such constant, unwavering and flawless dedication has made you an unique officer. Uncorruptable and unbreakable. In times of turmoil and drama you were one of the people who you could always rely on. When we had to fear for others to succumb to the weight of stress, drama or personal fights and other things you were always one of the founding and strongest pillars of the Ordo. There is no Ordo without you and it's very comforting that no matter what happens, you are one of the few that would never be affected by anything.

No one deserves the star more than you.

Beter laat dan nooit.

Honestly, You could probably write an academic study on how people's behavior changes as Mercury evolved.

You could lose an officer and there would be minor impact.

You could lose a builder or a scripter, there would be a minor impact.

You could lose Inoue and Mercury, and we'd all be Ffffed.

Inoue built up the infrastructure that we built the day to day in world functions around. Everything From growingly complex Auth Systems, Automating Combat Reports and OIC Handoffs, to Ringing a bell that sent the sim into a murderous frenzy when some guy who attacked the sim once 3 years ago showed up in the hub that no one remembers but Mercury. 

Kristian Probably said it better than I could.

All in All, Long time coming.

Inoue: Most Valuable Programmer

Mercury: Most Valuable Program

I say give them both one.

Guest Afevis

You murder all of Titan with a army of psychotic homicidal attack drones and everybody just laughs. You were truly one of our most valuable members for all these years, and creator of one of our most prized and coveted assets.

Inoue Katsu, congratulations. You deserve nothing less.

Edited by Afevis

This was a topic we originally touched on some many months ago. For some reason, it got sidelined. That, I regret immensely. This is a gimmie. There is no one who doubts your dedication and innovation. You are are candidate of candidates. 

When Mercury was first introduced, it was to provide us with a hub detector that was more solid than our current. I remember asking you: "So, what else can Mercury feasibly do?"

To which you replied: "What can't it do?"

At the time, I had no idea you were serious. Three years later, when I was remote banning people via iPad, it kind of clicked. 

Inoue, your contributions to this organization stretch beyond legendary. Beyond the material, it has been a real pleasure having you with us. You are the most apolitical, undramatic individual I know. You've weathered every storm, held about every position, and seen every era the Ordo has. It's only fitting that you now bear the highest of our honors.

From the first version to the last, Mercury has always been a fascination of mine and I thank you for working with me to help me integrate some features and ideas. Every time I think of you, I think of Mercury, Mercury I think of you and not just the bot... The amount of time you've given to Ordo, even offline and whilst at work, you have been selfless in your endeavours, having asked for nothing. Thank you for all you've done to not only improve our lives but to your loyalty and honor.

I may have not been in Ordo in SL, But I sure as hell know much about the Imperator's Star and really only few have seen it and few have been awarded. Xang/Neil/Ethan/Tsume and now we can add one more to the list of "Legends of the Star". With high achievements and Innovation you have earned it Inoue, CONGRATULATIONS,  Oh Mercury should get one too. 

Wait a second...

How has she NOT earned the Star up until now? Mercury is likely one of the finest pieces of codework I have ever seen get implemented into Second Life's platform. And to be honest, is likely going to be the only one of its' kind for a LONG, LONG time.

So does she deserve the award? OH DEAR GOD YEAH. Like I stated before, I'm surprised she didn't get it before now.

I agree wholeheartedly that Inoue deserves this award. It's hard to imagine how much time and effort went into not only scripting Mercury in several different coding languages but making it actually work was the fantastic part. I saw its (or should I say her?) early days and was able to follow the development for quite some time and to put it simply, Mercury is a masterpiece.

May have been a shadow lurker in the latter portion, but whenever Ordo needed you, Inoue, you were there. Whenever hundreds of enlisted put on their guns and authorization failed, you were there to fix it. Whenever the griefers came to end our fun, The Paw of Mercury was there to slap them back into the spawn. Whenever unknowns decided to come into sim; a handy webpage was beautifully laid out with easy options for identification, note keeping, and tracking. I always hoped I would see the day Mercury became self-aware and Terminator'd the place, but our only satisfaction was sitting on the Mercury Drone... which got the job done in a different way.

Congratulations. I can't think of anyone who deserves this as much as you. It was hard not to enter in my 2c before now, but better late than never.