Clicky

Michan Moonlight

Uk laptop!

As some of you might know I plan to move to the UK the 26th aug. Ill be living in birmingham for a bit over a week and hten sheffeild for a month. All the time trying to get a job and make a new life.

Sooo... I needed a laptop! Cant just stop playing becaus im going to a diffrent country after all!

So i sent off a request to the place where I always buy my comps and upgrades asking for a laptop that wasent super expensive and would be able ot run PS2 and Rome total war 2 good.

This is what is what I gott back.: ( http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=775009 )

Translation for all you who dont understand Swedish.

MSI GE60 15.6" Full HD GeForce GTX660 2GB, Core i5-3230M, 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, DVD±RW, Windows 8

So what do you guys think? The price was just slightly over my budget at 7990:- Skr (868.36€, £737.38, 1123.56$). I intend to order it soon so please if you have any coments drop them bellow!

*edit* The alternative at 9900:- Skr (1085.72€, £921.95, 1404.81$)

MSI GE70 17.3" Full HD GeForce GTX765M 2GB, Core i7-4700MQ, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, DVD±RW,Win 8 Edited by Michan Moonlight

I like MSI, I would go for 8gb or more on the ram and make SURE its video card has it's own dedicated memory, or a 'dedicated card', which it looks like it does. GTX 600 series I hear is epic (I think Akara has a 680?). With all the online storage now days and cheap external drive options, 750GB HDD may be more than you need if you're looking to cut costs, but then I'd also aim for an i7, which would probably raise the price quite a bit. Overall though you'd have yourself a fine lappy.

I have a 680 as well and its amazing. It is a bit bitter than 760 but slower than 770.. 2-300 cheaper than the 780. Half the price of the 690/Titan. 

I question the ram and Processor. I would want a solid 8GB RAM. 6 seems like you are undercutting yourself in the next few years. Likewise Id want at least a quad core i7 over an i5. Then again I dont know laptop hardware nearly as well as I do desktop and Im not sure how size / price are effected.

Edited by Deadmon

(I think Akara has a 680?)

I have a GTX 780. 600 series is good, just avoid 320.18 drivers as they cause artifacting in some games on those cards. 600/700 series will have the ability to use Nvidia's upcoming GPU recording software too.

The rest looks fine for PS2, provided that CPU is 3.2/3.4ghz (I had to look it up quick). a 3.2/3.4ghz quad should manage but you may drop to about 20-30 fps in those super huge battles. Anything less than 3.2 is pretty bad (i've tried mine at the stock 2.7ghz and its unplayable in huge battles, OCed to 4.2 its fine.)

Edited by Akara
Added more info.

Guest Afevis

I have a GTX 780. 600 series is good, just avoid 320.18 drivers as they cause artifacting in some games on those cards.

Newer drivers have already been released.

3.2/3.4ghz quad should manage but you may drop to about 20-30 fps in those super huge battles. 

3.4 quad will do fine, getting 60 FPS constantly (with v-sync) with my current setup. Just throw in the ultra graphic setting config and you'll see the massive boost. 

Edited by Afevis

Newer drivers have already been released.

Yeah the 320.49 drivers are much better, I was just pointing it out because stock pcs might come with older drivers and my old card died on those drivers.

I don't want to derail this thread SO I'M GONNA PM YOU.