Clicky

Xoza

Star Wars Galaxies (Emu)

Star Wars Galaxies Adventure  

20 members have voted

1. 1. If we were to build an city, what planet would you choose?

2. 2. What would you master? (Yep, this is what Galaxies is, usually 2-3 can be mastered)

• Architect (Artisan)
    • Armorsmith (Artisan)
    • Bio-Engineer (Scout-Medic)
    • Bounty Hunter (Scout-Marksman)
    • Carboneer (Marksman)
    • Chef (Artisan)
    • Combat Medic (Medic-Marksman)
    • Commando (Brawler-Marksman)
    • Creature Handler (Scout)
    • Dancer (Entertainer)
    • Doctor (Medic)
    • Droid Engineer (Artisan)
    • Fencer (Brawler)
    • Image Designer (Entertainer)
    • Merchant (Artisan)
    • Musician (Entertainer)
    • Pikeman (Brawler)
    • Pistoleer (Marksman)
    • Ranger (Scout)
    • Rifleman (Marksman)
    • Shipwright (Artisan)
    • Smuggler (Brawler-Marksman)
    • Squad Leader (Scout-Marksman)
    • Swordsman (Brawler)
    • Tailor (Artisan)
    • Teras Kasi Artist (Brawler)
    • Weaponsmith (Artisan)

I'm doing bounty hunter + pistols for my combat character. I'm going to make a doctor and entertainer alts and a few artisan alts

Also I can't invite to the guild. I'd like to get my alts added + housing set for them if that's at all possible.

I can buy their houses I just need to know what type and direction

Edited by Shizzerk

So you have multiple weapons that you use and not enough toolbars for all the actions? I managed to find a simple macro that can help you with this.

5.A. I wanted to just throw in this little macro I use all the time and find it very very handy. This macro switches what weapon I have equipped and switches to a tool bar that has all the commands for that weapon. So if something is low on there action pool I can hit my carbine and leg shot them a few times. I use one tool bar pane per gun and keep some commands the same on every tool bar pane. I use tool bar pane 1 (00 to the comp) for my pistol, tool bar pane 2 (01 for the comp) for my carbine and tool bar pane 3 (02 to the comp) for my rifle. I also keep my weapons in slot 15 (AKA Shift + F5)(14 to the comp). You need to make a macro for each gun, I am going to show you how to make one for the pistol.

5.B.
/ui action toolbarPane00; /ui action toolbarSlot14;

Other macros found here

http://www.swgemu.com/archive/scrapbookv51/data/20070126182500/

So you have multiple weapons that you use and not enough toolbars for all the actions? I managed to find a simple macro that can help you with this.

Other macros found here

http://www.swgemu.com/archive/scrapbookv51/data/20070126182500/

I have my toolbars frames set to Cntl+1 - Cntl+=, I've the weapon for that frame on that frame and all actions for that weapon on that bar.

Suit up!

Okay in order to become awesome in PvP and end-game PvE you need some decent clothes. Here ive gathered some info on how to min/max the benefits from your gear.

Armor

First off you need 4 pieces of composite armor with 80% kinetic resistance, the pieces you want to have are a Helmet, Chestpiece, Boots and 1 Biceps. This is called a composite mini-suite. This is the first thing you have to buy when you want to start grinding any combat profession. Huttser said it makes stuff easier, so there has to be something on it. It offers the same protection like a complete set, but its a) cheaper, b) needs less HAM and c) leaves more room from clothing pieces to put SEA (skill enhancement attachments) on (more about that later).

The downside is that it´ll break faster since there less pieces to share the incoming damage.

Dont pay more than 20k credits for a suit or 5k per piece. For PvE you only need kinetic resistance, the usual value there is 80%.

Your armor will break at some point, so before putting a SEA on your mini-suit you really want to think twice...or more.

At the point you are rdy for PvP you should have gotten enough experience to figure out on your own what armor you need, not going into that now.

Clothes

Besides armor you can equip several cloth items. They all come with up to 4 sockets to put SEA on, dont even bother buying clothes without sockets.

Some clothing pieces come with effects from a Bio Engineer, so called BE-Clothing.

A BE can add tissues with +25 Injury and Wound treatment, 15 (or 16?) Def vs Stun and 5 Melee Defense and 16 Combat Bleeding Defense.

There also tissues for entertainers and some other just useless tissues, dont buy thise, they suck. Also only buy clothes with 1 or 2 BE effects on it, you cant have more than 6 skillmods on one piece of armor, so if you buy some pants with 25 W/I treatment and 15/5 stun and melee def you can only use 2 sockets for SEA, even if the sockets are shown as available and you drag a SEA on it, it will simply dissappear and do nothing (figuring that out costed me 2m credits, blew a 15 2h Speed sea that way and no, the GMs wont recover it for you, ive tried.

A BE can add those tissues to shirts, pants and bandoliers.

You can put clothes in the following slots while wearing a composite minisuit: gloves, shirt, belt (more about that later) bandolier and pants, which gives you a total of 24 sockets on your gear.

The only item you can put Armor Attachtments on is the belt, well if you get yourself a Mabari Armorweave Belt, thats btw the reasons clothing attacjments sell for much more than armor attachments. How ever in PvP you might wanna equip a personal shield generator which goes into the belt slot, so dont put any stuff on you belt that would be crucial for your template in PvP.

Skill Enhance Attachments

Not going into full detail here, just some general things to get you going and plan you gear setup.

The bonus from sea in total caps at 25, always, in some cases you need less than 25 from sea to get to your hard cap (Master Riflemen got +90 rifle speed, it hardcaps at 100, so you only need +10 Rifle Speed from SEA)

Here´s what i do when starting a new alt, first i look into the char builder and write down whih skills i got and for which ill need SEAs (look into the official forums and the specific profession boards for further info about that) For my CM/Rifle build i need SEAs for a total of 13 skill mods, having 24 slots is bringing me to the conclusion that a SEA with less than +12 is useless (more less for me and i only will add than in case i got another really high SEA, (TL;DR only add +5 if you already got a +20).

Also bear in mind that you cant put 2 or more SEA with the same skill mod on one piece, only the higher will stick (a pair of boots with +10 and +15 Defense vs Dizzy will only give you the +15 bonus)

Some SEA come with multiple bonuses, ONLY the highest skillmod will stick (+22 instrument assembly and +17 polearm accuracy on one tape will only give you th 22 instrument assembly).

Thats all from me to that topic, for further in depth info check:

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51107 link to a in depth guide for SEAs

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46760 and this goes to a guide about Skill-Mod Caps

Some people asked me for me CM craft gring macro(s) yeasterday, so here we go. Note that those macros work just for all crafters.

So if you want to grind the Doc or CM crafting trees (doesnt include medic) you need to shop first. You gonna need 8 Food and Chemical crafting tools, 18k Lokian Wild Wheat and 18k Tatooinian Fiberplast, dont pay more than 2 CPU (credits per unit) you should be able to get them for 1 CPU or less, dont even try to use others types of fiberplast or wild wheat, it wont work.

If you got that stuff in your inventory its time to setup your toolbar.

You need 2 macros (you cant make 1 because it would simply become too long)

Macro 1

/ui action toolbarSlot01;
/selectdraftSchematic 14;
/pause 5;   
/nextC;
/nextC;
/nextC;
/createprototype practice no item;
/pause 2;
/ui action toolbarSlot02;
/pause 5;
/nextC;
/nextC;
/nextC;
/pause 2;
/ui action toolbarSlot03;
/pause 5;
/nextC;
/nextC;
/nextC;
/pause 2;
/ui action toolbarSlot04;
/pause 5;  
/nextC;
/nextC;
/nextC;
/pause 2;

/ui action toolbarSlot12;

/pause 2;

Macro 2

/ui action toolbarSlot05;
/pause 5;
/nextC;
/nextC;
/nextC;
/pause 2;
/ui action toolbarSlot06;
/pause 5;
/nextC;
/nextC;
/nextC;
/pause 2;
/ui action toolbarSlot07;
/pause 5;    
/nextC;
/nextC;
/nextC;
/pause 2;
/ui action toolbarSlot08;
/pause 5;
/nextC;
/nextC;
/nextC;
/pause 2;
/ui action toolbarSlot00;

Now copy that into your ingame macro editor (you might need to assign a key ingame to paste, do that under options->controls->keymap->chat)

Than you need to change the value for "/selectdraftSchematic".

You want to grind with Advanced Biological Effect Controllers (ABEC), open your crafting tool an type /select 1 and see what it opens, if it´s the ABEC your lucky (really lucky) if not click on back in your craft-tool window and try /select 2 and so on, till you got the ABEC, now add that number into the macro, everywhere it says "14" in my macros above.

Now put macro 1 on the upper left button (1) of your toolbar, the 8 crafting tools next to it and Macro 2 just below Macro 1 in the second line.

Now the last thing you need is a macro to stop that thing, otherwise the 2 macros will loop themselves forever, to stop just make a /dump; macro...well or type it everytime you want to take a break.

So now while crafting, put all ressources except 1 stack of lokian wheat and tatooinian fiberplast out your main inventory (into a backpack or so) go to a lagfree area. Start your macro and now you just need to select the ressources by clicking when the window goes up (got 5 secs for it, change the pause 5 to your fittings if you want)... and now you can click wheat and fiberplast till master...

Have fun

Scout and Entertainer grinding idea

So atm Huttser is grinding wilderness survival (which is a bitch) and we got a few entertainers to grind as well, which we´ll need to get buffs at our cantina.

Huttser will get more xp with people in his camp and extra xp if people get healed in his camp. Entertainers need healing xp, so they need to be watched and listened to by people with mind wounds and battle fatigue. On the SWGEmu server you can log in 2 characters at once. So here´s the deal, Huttser sets up his camp somewhere near Cnet, we bring the Entertainers and spare alts into the camp, ill drop Mind diseases with my CM on the alts, the alts watch the entertainers and get healed, the ents get heal xp and huttser gets xp for having people that get healed in his camp. winwin

In case you are wondering how much +weapon speed to put on your gear....

first number is the skill, second number the weapon speed you´d be able to use at cap.

75 - 1.23
76 - 1.28
77 - 1.33
78 - 1.39
79 - 1.46
80 - 1.53
81 - 1.61
82 - 1.70
83 - 1.80
84 - 1.92
85 - 2.05
86 - 2.19
87 - 2.36
88 - 2.56
89 - 2.79
90 - 3.07
91 - 3.41
92 - 3.84
93 - 4.39
94 - 5.12
95 - 6.15
96 - 7.69
97 - 10.25
98 - 15.38
99 - 30.76
100 - Infinite

[(100 - Player Mod) / 100] * Weapon Speed * Special Delay = Actual Speed

http://www.swgcalc.x10.mx/ 

check this link for the special delay and dmg mods from your attacks.

Scout and Entertainer grinding idea

So atm Huttser is grinding wilderness survival (which is a bitch) and we got a few entertainers to grind as well, which we´ll need to get buffs at our cantina.

Huttser will get more xp with people in his camp and extra xp if people get healed in his camp. Entertainers need healing xp, so they need to be watched and listened to by people with mind wounds and battle fatigue. On the SWGEmu server you can log in 2 characters at once. So here´s the deal, Huttser sets up his camp somewhere near Cnet, we bring the Entertainers and spare alts into the camp, ill drop Mind diseases with my CM on the alts, the alts watch the entertainers and get healed, the ents get heal xp and huttser gets xp for having people that get healed in his camp. winwin

and to lure even more people into that, i can set my entertainer chick to burn-action-mode, so you can grind medical xp on her...