Clicky

Xoza

Winamp News

For you Wnamp fans...

I've personally used Winamp since '98 of which I built my own first computer and it's been mostly the same since. This isn't only relevant to myself but to others I know and to the history of media players. I wasn't a big fan of AOL picking up Nullsoft, owner of Winamp and Shoutcast, but they've kept it to the standard It started with.

A few months ago, AOL, in all their wisdom announced they were letting go of Winamp and Shoutcast and shutting down it's services for it, Shoutcast has thousands of channels. Since then, people have been downloading the latest version possible and looking for answers hoping someone will pick it up, save it or come out with something similar. After plenty of interest from other companies like Microsoft, it seems an agreement of ownership has been reached and Radionomy will be taking up the reins.

May there always be whipped lama's

Reference Link

Personally I disliked Winamp. Majorly.

I will ~not~ say I wanted them to go, still

My issues with Winamp were small: It had my least favorite media library organizing of the three big wigs (Winamp, WMP, and iTunes) and stability issues kept me from using it. Instead I currently use WMP, because it works as needed. I'd rather be able to have taken advantage of Winamps cool features- such as AVS which was amazing, of course. However, I do hope someone picks up Winamp, and overhauls the parts of the program that are still stuck in 2003, such as the terrible library. Settings weren't exactly too well organized in my opinion either. HOWEVER, Winamp was a big part of my nerdy childhood, so I'm still sad to see it  go.

Or that's my 2 cents~

Edited by NotMateo