• PS2
    • PS3
    • Game Cube
    • Wii
    • Gameboy
    • N64
    • SNES
    • PC

Pro-protip: All seventh generation "consoles" are PCs with locked/limited operating systems. They all have one or multiple of:

• CPU
  • GPU
  • APU
  • PSU
  • Hard-drives
  • Network adaptors
  • RAM
  • console-like box with flashy lights
  • USB
  • Optical disk readers
  • etc.

It's one of those "I wonder why they're put into different categories" sort of things. It's like people differentiating a Mac and a PC. The only difference between a Mac and a PC is that a Mac has a different OS than windows and is produced by Apple. e_e They both have the same damn insides with minor differences, and Macs (Just like all seventh generation consoles can) run Windows and vice-versa.

It's like people differentiating a Mac and a PC. The only difference between a Mac and a PC is that a Mac has a different OS than windows and is produced by Apple. e_e They both have the same damn insides with minor differences, and Macs (Just like all seventh generation consoles can) run Windows and vice-versa.

Actually it has only been in recent history that Macs have had a more updated processor that is able to run the standard x86 architecture that PCs have always used in running Windows. Prior to this processor update, Mac CPUs were made by Motorola. This, of course, has spawned many a great joke on running windows on a Mac.

Actually it has only been in recent history that Macs have had a more updated processor that is able to run the standard x86 architecture that PCs have always used in running Windows. Prior to this processor update, Mac CPUs were made by Motorola. This, of course, has spawned many a great joke on running windows on a Mac.

Yeah I know, but it's been over ten years since that time so I didn't feel it necessary to mention. And even at that time, with slight overclocking and manipulation, you'd be able to pull off Win95 on an early iMac. Ten years ago was the reign of Nintendo 64 which couldn't run windows, which would be considered a true console of it's own-- another reason I didn't mention an early Mac. All technology with computing and gaming seem to be converging into almost standardized hardware.

Thread title changed to "Favourite Gaming System of All Time". >_>;

Alex, You should add some of the old consoles, as in from the 8 and 16 bit days aka the Master System and the Mega Drive, they had some fantastic games, especially fighting games like Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat.

But I feel PC should be removed from the list as this is about consoles.

Edited by Diablos Korobase