Welcome to Ordo Imperialis

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
acsayys

Good Eats

22 posts in this topic

I figured this was a fun idea for a thread.  You guys can dump pictures, recipes, reviews, etc of things you find delicious or places in your area.   Think Ordo's version of Yelp haha.

l.jpg l.jpg

Swirl's from Aqui.  Industrial strength frozen margarita's blended with sangria or other fruit juices.  

10154328_10151985587976218_7275795763387

Korean/Mexican fusion short rib burrito from Mogo's Food Truck.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys post!

Aryte and Odin047 like this

Now I'm hungry.. and I already ate!

When I get cooking, I'll have to post some pictures too! Today I just made a Banana, Apple, Strawberry, Orange Juice, Lemon Juice smoothy with extra ice. I guess the short name would be a heavy tropical smoothy?

Nyssa Darkfury likes this

Cocktail time!

rDf8Mr9.jpg?1

Blueberry and basil fizz.  Stay with me.  Fruit + herbs = magic.  It's refreshing and boozy and great for sipping on the dock in the summer.  Found the recipe here while looking for a raspberry lemon bar recipe.  Those are chilling in the fridge; I'll post pics tomorrow.

Nyssa Darkfury likes this

Basically.  It's what I'll be using this summer to keep going.

So about those lemon bars...

qn7KpqA.jpg?1

They were awesome.  Tart and sweet but not too sweet.  The raspberries were great, but next time I'll probably try blueberries because you can't have too many things with blueberries in them imo.

Nyssa Darkfury, Xevrand and acsayys like this

You have to post what it is too! That just looks like.. fries? covered in cinnamon, cheese and syrup?

carne-asada-fries-anchorman-san-diego-re

I see your Poutine and raise you Carne Asada Fries!   Probably one of the best eats to come out of southern California.   The base ingredients are typically french fries, cheese, pico de gallo, sour scream, and guacamole topped with carne asada steak.   If you ever find yourselves in San Diego, this is a must!

Xevrand and razdeadpool like this

My friend just posted this.  French fries + Carne asada + Bacon + Two sunny side eggs + Guacamole + Sour Cream + Mexican cheese = Christian Fries.  Apparently found in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

10557398_10203456458548736_3057590405009

Xevrand likes this

I think the poutine still has the other fries beat, it has a better mixture that blends well together and less crap just thrown together for the sake of trying to make something taste good.

On 8/3/2014 at 10:46 PM, Xoza said:

You have to post what it is too! That just looks like.. fries? covered in cinnamon, cheese and syrup?

You don't know what Poutine is!?

It's homemade fries with a special gravy and cheese curds.

If you're ever in Chicago, you've got to stop by Portillo's...best Italian beef I've ever had...my team has standing orders to bring me back a couple whenever they take a trip to Chicago.

Oh man, so much stuff! I would post random pictures too, but most of the stuff where I live actually comes from other cultures! Except for this one drink made with some very special ingredient.. but it doesn't LOOK awesome, just tastes awesome. Oh well, you don't get to see it then.