Welcome to Ordo Imperialis

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aviaderp

Gaming Comms Recommendations?

12 posts in this topic

Anyone have any recommendations for a gaming headset so I can be more effective at communicating and relaying info? 

Haha, the PX here has a million different types of gaming headsets.  I don't even know where to start!

I'd much rather have people who established what's good for gaming then to take a shot in the dark myself.

Help please? :)

I use a Logitech G930. Wireless, but has pretty good sound quality and fairly long battery life once charged up.

Does it have to be a headset? You can get a psuedo professional podcasting microphone with some cheap earphones.

I use a Samson C01U podcast microphone with either earbuds or headphones,

Love the Kraken 7.1, has great sound quality and great mic quality. Only problem is, (for me at least) that it hurts the ears after a couple of hours of constant wearing. Other than that? Great headset, would recommend it to anyone.

Thanks Ordos!  I went with the Gamescom Plantronics 780.  They're really comfortable and the quality is great.  I love them!

I was going to say you could get those at the PX. That is where I got my set.

Plantronics GameCom gear is actually surprisingly durable for their price tag.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826265064

Been using these for well over 3-4 years now. And despite the fact that the plastic has some major stress cracks and I've bandaged mine up with bright yellow electrical tape, the mic still works perfectly and they're still loud as Ffff.

I've had my JVC headset for forever and it has no stress fractures or cracking; mostly because it's made out of metal. :J