Clicky

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YyxsW_2xmo

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VIJHM3a7JE

leaderboard-4.png

What is Star-Made?

Star-Made is a minecraft inspired 3D sandbox space shooter. Play in your own universe or on a multiplayer server to create, discover, destroy, customize, and design your own worlds.

Star-Made is still in development stages, but it is very much enjoyable and playable. While things may change and continue to grow, there's no 'wipe' as servers are private and any work you do, you can save to your PC and use later.

1. Download... (dev builds, user & pass = "dev")
  2. Register...
  3. Connect...
  4. Explore...
  5. Survive...

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here.

Interesting... now:

1: Is it free or not? The site has a buy option, but you can still download it? Hum?

2: How much does it copy from minecraft? (Obvious question since blocks, we gotta know right?)

3: That video shows a lot of content, how much is actually in it right now?

TY for possibly answering :)

1. It's free 'now' but you can buy it as well. Like Minecraft you could buy it when it was 'younger' before it got more expensive, but more immersive.
  2. Minecraft has a ton more content (obviously) and Starmade does use the whole 1m 'block' system. As they continue to add, you will likely find similar blocks that can be found in Minecraft, but StarMade is primarily space and will largely support space stations, planets and space ships. Now.. if you've ever played Freelancer... or Freespace, or any other space shooter, just imagine what you could create.
  3. Everything in the video is a year old and was in it the time the video came out. It was actually made along with a LOT of minecraft players and servers.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os1-m4RJCkM

gl_item_green.jpg

If anyone is interested, I've already made ships for this game. I have a UNSC frigate (Think Forward Unto Dawn) from Halo, a few random ships, and I'm working on a Raven Guard Battle Barge.

Spess. Might need help on the Battle Barge, it's like... 10% done

You may have to rebuild them due to the new internal systems.

Also, local uploads are not allowed. (Unless I do it)

There's a few requirements on the server at the moment to make it a bit more immersive.

1. You have to buy catalog items with blocks, not money.

2. I'm not uploading anything for personal use. You'll need to build and protect your work yourself. You have 1 'save slot'.

3. If I add any ships to the catalog, it will likely be for NPC use and you'll have to capture one yourself.

Do you folks accept donations for server costs? I hate being a freeloader.

We believe our players and members activity and relationship and loyalty with the community is important. We won't turn down donations, but we don't require it. Additionally we don't yet provide extra resources or abilities for donating. We're all gamers here just wanting to network with other gamers to game with and help provide everyone equally a place to enjoy, hang out and contribute on their own terms.

If you would like to donate a monetary value, we are working on making this an available option.

SERVER IS UP... *grumbles*

Oh cool, I've been watching and waiting for an update all month, Finally they got it out! I'll patch it now.

Done! (can't wait to try it out, won't be able to for a few hours though.)

Edited by Xoza