Clicky

Esva

Star Wars: KOTOR Remastered

REMASTERED.png

Hey all,

Not sure how many of you have heard about this, I certainly haden't untill I watched a YouTube video from StarWarsHQ.com about future star wars games that are rumored to be in development namely Star Wars The Force Unleashed III and a new Star Wars Bounty Hunter title.

So you can imagine my surprise when I saw screenshots of Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic in awesome 1080p and the following information:

1) Interactive Co-op campaign mode.

2) Over five competitive online game modes.

3) An open world online game mode.

4) Five additional planets.

5) COMPLETELY remastered in fine 1080P HD

6) Updated textures, models, and more.

7) COMPLETELY new EXP system.

Absolutely FREE

So here is the breakdown of just what exactly is going on. This is a post from one of the developers currently working on the new SW:KOTOR Remastered Version:

"Hello everyone! 

Are you aware of what KOTOR is? If not, I'll inform you. It is, Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic! And epic RPG game made over a decade ago. Anyhow, I wanted to let you know it is one of my favorite games of all time and that myself, along with seven others are currently remastering the game! 

We are not rebuilding the game from scratch, we are simply updating the textures, graphics, models, maps, and adding in new content. 

Q&A

How are we funding the game? We're not! We're just dedicating our off-time using the same developmental software that the original developers used to make this game. 

When will the game release? We are aiming for late 2014. January of 2015 at the very latest.

What platforms will this release on? PC, Mac, and Linux. 

Will this be released on consoles? That is a possibility. If it were, it would be a simple USB file, that you would plug into your console. 

Will you make a KOTOR II Remaster? The team and I are more than willing to, it simply depends on the success of KOTOR: Remaster. We don't want to spend a year working on something people don't want.

What new planets will there be? 

The new planets are strictly for Multiplayer, and co-op alone. There will be Djun, Felucia, and three more we don't want to spoil!

Where can I donate? Disney has restricted us from accepting any money for the game whatsoever. So, I'm afraid all you can do to support is to spread the word!

Here is an article from our website:

After a decade upon release, KOTOR still remains near flawless. Although there were some issues, and many left out features that couldn't be implemented into the game. But with modern technology, the possibilities are endless. We here at FFG saw this, and took advantage of this opportunity. With copyright laws, we are not aloud to make any profits off of the game whatsoever. So, our only motivation being you- the fans! "

SW:KOTOR Remastered has the aim of being released in amazing 1080p HD and not the silly 720p upscaled semi HD version that didn't make it really look any different than it did before, and are currently adding new content to the game such as new planets for it's online section of the game, and adding in the co-op mechanics for the main story arc of the game. They are also letting the fans decide on if it should remain as the classic turn based gaming mechanic where it would pause, you choose attacks, let loose and pray to god it worked or a more instant action game mechanic currently employed by MMO's such as WoW, SW:ToR etc etc etc etc.

I have to admit I'm actually quite excited about this one as I must admit KOTOR is in my top three SW gaming titles (SWG and Star Wars Jedi Knight series coming in second) and so I'm waiting with baited anticipation, not only to play the game again in true HD but also to see how the online aspect of it will play out, but I will admit to some apprehension too as it being such a well known and loved title if they screw it up it will cause a huge back lash, but see some screenies below and drop a few comments. And who knows maybe this might become a Ordo Chapter in the future if they are constantly adding new stuff to make it a true SP/MMO ?

Teaser Images

kotorr1.png

kotorr2.png

One step at a time, Larry!

They just said that they would love to remake KOTOR 2 depending on how KOTOR 1 is welcomed!

So don't jinx it!

Board the Woot Train and you may yet get your wish come true! XD

There's no maybe! It must work out!

Edited by Dagurath