Clicky

Xoza

Voice Attack

bubble_and_stone.png

So, after seeing Elite Dangerous' voice commands, I decided to look up more availability in voice commands for gaming overall. I found Voice Attack (what everyone uses in Elite Dangerous with a custom profile anyway), tested it for one day then bought it. Only $8 anyway.

You can set up a ton of voice commands, additionally it learns from your commands and you can refine it and teach it, since it uses your system's voice recognition software to do it.

You can set up macro's, direct commands to do anything from launching programs, launching missiles, in-game commands, out of game commands, mouse macros and a LOT more. Additionally you can set up responses, text to speech, audio files and more. It can be used simply to very complex.

If you want to check it out, you can for free for 21 days (20 commands, 1 profile).

I named my "bot" T.I.A. Originally TIA was a sub bot to Mercury, our Astra Training Instructor Assistant that I coded to read material and do a few other basic commands for Ordo. Now, she's T.I.A. Tactical Interface Assistant...  :grin:

Share below your commands, how you have it set up if you use it.

This is a really good piece of technology. Unfortunately, because my windows is in portuguese, I can't use the voice recognition software... Because it doesn't have any... But, as soon as Windows 10 is a thing for everyone, I may be able to just change languages. I plan on doing something with these kind of things along with a Raspberry PI or an Arduino to control lights and stuffs through voice commands. But that's a plan for the future, not now.

You don't have any voice recognition software for windows? What version are you using?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6Gl9hIOKy4

As long as it learns from you it should operate or figure out what you're wanting to do. You can set up your own commands, it'll also show you what it thinks you're saying so you could base your commands off that.

The video is an example of what can be done with standard speech recognition. Voice Attack just uses it's recognition software to process additional commands.

It needs to be the ULTIMATE edition for you to have other languages available. Currently, I have the professional version, which is 1 tier below... it has pretty much everything else, except that. Again, I don't need to use it currently, so I'll wait for Windows 10 to come out or grab a 8.1 copy from my university when I build my next rig.

Edited by Angelin01

Guest Afevis

I use Voice Attack for Star Citizen:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYgFriRo5FQ

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUU7f7lXMz8