Clicky

Angelin01

Ark: Survival Evolved

Ark: Survival Evolved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQM8yWoiy5s

As a man or woman stranded naked, freezing and starving on the shores of a mysterious island called ARK, you must hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements. Use your cunning and resources to kill or tame the leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land, and team up with or prey on hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape!

Ark: Survival Evolved will launch on June 2nd on Steam Early Access.

At launch, the promised features include: 

* Taming, training and riding dinosaurs and other creatures like scorpions and dragons; 

* Functional food, water, temperature and wheater system;

* Haversting and building system;

* Farming;

* Battles with god-like creatures;

* Tribal system (as in a guild system);

* Crafting and durability mechanics;

* Huge maps, different every Ark (server) including underground caves;

* 100+ player servers, with transferable character and items between servers by accessing structures called Obelisks.

The game is estimated to be on EA for about a year. You can find a full list of the promised features and other EA related things on the Steam Store page.

Estimated system requirements:

Processor: 2 GHz Dual-Core 64-bit CPU 

Memory: 4000 MB RAM 

Graphics: DirectX11 Compatible GPU with 1 GB Video RAM 

DirectX: Version 11 

Hard Drive: 20000 MB available space

So now that you have read a bit about the game... Let me share my thoughts.

It looks pretty good. The trailer claims to be from in-game footage, and considering the low-polished animations on third person and some obvious graphical problems, it seems so. It also claims that all features listed in the Early Access page are already in, and also includes a pretty big list of things that they plan to do as time goes on, also saying that the game will recieve as much as 3 updates per week. It is still Early Access though. 

Even though I can see a lot of people getting "hyped" with this, let's hold off for a bit, see what the game looks like, and maybe, MAYBE, if Ordo has some interest, we could get a group together. I mean, even though apparently you can have your own single player game, it seems like it would be ideal to play in a decently sized group.

Seems like a pretty well put together survival game. Even has long-term goals you can set for a group. As you said, we I don't think we should get too hyped or really involved in EA but let's keep this in mind. Looks like it could be a ton of fun if we got a group who played regularly.

Well at least we've got a server ready lol. One less thing to worry about later I suppose. And who knows? If they get the bugs fixed early we might be able to reliably start playing. Though as cool as it seems I'm not opposed to waiting, from what I've heard they're planning on adding a lot of content as they go. This is kind of the reason I wish early access wasn't a thing, if this game had been released in a year fully completed with all the bugs ironed out it would be a bombshell in the mmosurvival game market.

I just started playing Ark: Survival Evolved on the Ordo Imperialis server a few days ago and I leveled up through 18 only to discover the server is gone today. Is the server gone for good? That would mean I lost everything :sad:  

I just started playing Ark: Survival Evolved on the Ordo Imperialis server a few days ago and I leveled up through 18 only to discover the server is gone today. Is the server gone for good? That would mean I lost everything :sad:  

The server was moved to a new IP address the second day it was available, we've created an available address for the server as well, 'ark.ordoimperialis.com' that points to it. If it doesn't show in the in-game server list, you can also find it in the Steam server list as ' "OrdoImperialis.com" Gaming ' or something similar, make sure you filter the list by game. Additionally in the in-game server browser you can now filter servers by your survivors and it should show up in the list.

Thanks for playing!

Hey I finally started playing after buying it on sale (if you can call 5 bucks off a sale but w/e) It's pretty fun so far. I'm on the far Northern edge of the island. Haven't explored too much but I've got a small camp tucked away just off the coast.

I'm pretty sure that 17% discount has always been there though :P

Edited by Angelin01

Okay, so, I'm not super familiar with these forums so forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

My friends and I have been playing on the Ordo Ark server for a couple months now, and we have really been enjoying the sense of community. :)

However, ever since the big biome update almost two weeks ago, the server has been offline. We have been checking every day but it hasn't come back up. So -- does anyone know the status of the server? Will it be coming back up eventually? Or will the Ordo Ark server no longer be a thing?

~ E

(aka Lin)

Okay, so, I'm not super familiar with these forums so forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

My friends and I have been playing on the Ordo Ark server for a couple months now, and we have really been enjoying the sense of community. :)

However, ever since the big biome update almost two weeks ago, the server has been offline. We have been checking every day but it hasn't come back up. So -- does anyone know the status of the server? Will it be coming back up eventually? Or will the Ordo Ark server no longer be a thing?

~ E

(aka Lin)

I will poke the guys in the know and see about getting the info for ya ^_^ 

~ E

(aka Lin)

The server should be online now! I'll see you in game.