Clicky

Gunau Sodwind

Eve Online

NECRO MUTHAFU---

Anyhow. I really wanna get back into EVE since this latest patch. Kinda wanted to get into a Mining binge since from past experience (2005-ish) I always got mangled by everyone when I tried to fight. That, and i assume it'd be a more profitable way to buy PLEX cards than just running missions.

Problem is...Still can't afford $15 a month to play. Unemployment kinda blows. That, and PLEX runs at the 300mil ISK and above mark, which is pretty damn tough to achieve in under a month with a fresh account.

Might as well Pre-Plan now. -Scurries-

If we can organize a Mining and Weapons Corp, we can pull in some pretty good profits, and work towards a far more powerful Ordo presence. Also, if Dust does get integrated into EVE directly like they've indicated, and the combat is even halfway decent, I'm not sure I'll be doing much in SL afterwards.

Also, it might benefit us to put together a basic guide for anyone who wants to get into the game, our own little tutorial of sorts.

And no, Trinity, you can't gank our own noobs in zero space, that's uncool.

If we can organize a Mining and Weapons Corp, we can pull in some pretty good profits, and work towards a far more powerful Ordo presence. Also, if Dust does get integrated into EVE directly like they've indicated, and the combat is even halfway decent, I'm not sure I'll be doing much in SL afterwards.

Also, it might benefit us to put together a basic guide for anyone who wants to get into the game, our own little tutorial of sorts.

And no, Trinity, you can't gank our own noobs in zero space, that's uncool.

Anyone who doesn't have at least Level 4-5 skills trained in multiple areas with their character and flies into 0.0 Space kinda DESERVES to get blown up.

It's like going into a Gunfight with a Sock full of Nickels. Not even a damn Knife.

I've got a passive shield tank Drake for level III missions (Which pay handsomely), but I've focused a lot of time into production skills and an eye towards planetary development. The thing is, I know nothing about planetary development.

I've got an older account as an Amarr, as well, that I'd use to protect my Osprey as I mined minerals to make large amounts of missiles. It's amazing how many people look to buy cheap missiles and stuff, rather than build their own. Hell, you can build your own battlecruisers without much effort, provided you have original blueprints.

Establishing a corporation would come with several caveats, I think. One, we'd need a character with a huge number of skills mastered to be the founder, to make sure we have as many benefits as possible. The second is that we'd need to make sure we have capable PvP ships in our mix to ward off 'mercenary' corps that will try to blackmail and bully new or small corps. Mining and production can be very cutthroat, as well, especially as you seek the more expensive and rare mineral and the competition can be extremely violent, especially if you're butting heads with a small alliance. A third one is that we need to be very strict on how we'd recruit into our corporation, to prevent sabotage (not even kidding, that shit is a regular tactic in EVE) and spies. Amusingly enough, we have an organization in the Ordo Imperialis that would contribute itself nicely to precisely the sort of group that could potentially become a major force in EVE.

We would not want to enter any alliances, I think, for a long time, and rather build a massive distribution network for our production efforts. If we focused on cornering 7-8 major distribution centers with medium and low end goods, we could gain a resource pool that would allow us as a corp to refit skilled pilots with the best equipment and look into moving into more lucrative pursuits. Of course, this would take a while, several months of hard work and focus to even have the barebones of the network set up.

Also I'll point out mission running becomes worthwhile if you're salvaging from wrecks. You can easily earn additional millions of ISK if you put a bit of effort into developing salvage skills. Plus, wrecks often carry loot, which can be sold or broken down into minerals for later use (which really adds up if you're creating a collective pool of minerals for a corporation production system).

We have a Ordo Imperialis Corperation already setup. It is headquatered in the system of Noghere in Gallante space. Shoot me a message on SL if you apply to it. Mining wise we have serveral good mining spots around our HQ, and I have a nearly fully spec'd Orca for hauling and mondo bonuses.

Lets talk about things later tonight Agares or tomorrow on vent. I can go over some things.

It's one of the lovely things about it. There aren't really any levels. Your pacing is reliant on patience and settling into a routine of activities, which can be...just about anything. Like I used a lot of my spare time to explore various mining systems and to learn a lot about various ships and skills as my lessons ranked up.

Also as it turns out, on the main page of Goonfleet's wiki (Yes, they have their own Wiki), they have a semi-detailed guide on how to start up a new character and set him up for basic PvP in 0.0 space (Aka: Tackling Frigates). It goes into slight detail about how to do it with every faction as well, even though they all say that the best tackler is the Minmatar Rifter and it's variants.