Clicky

Jester Spearmann

XBox 360: How do I...

The title is a little vague I know but I couldnt think of how else to put this. The manual that comes with the 360 for setting it up to link to your computer so you can connect to the net is extremely confusing for some people. so to put it simply tell me how to setup the netowrk configuration between my dsl modem/computer and the 360 (posting this for a non ordo friend)

I tried. It involves some overcomplicated crap in which you need to go into your network settings and establish another network entirely. For some reason my computer wouldn't let me do it so I gave up after a full week. Don't go for wireless setups to the router, unless you plan on buying the original one from Microsoft... but that one costs 100 dollars. I think Microsoft intentionally made it difficult to do any other way.

If you want to try (your friend's computer might be compatible): http://www.overclock.net/faqs/104621-how-n...xbox-360-a.html

Needlessly overcomplicated, right? I wish it was just plug-and-play, but FFFFFFFFF.

It's complicated because Microsoft doesn't want you to do this... they want you to plug it straight into your network with DHCP. There is unfortunately no simple way to explain it because it's not simple... however once you do have it set up there are a lot of 3rd-party programs you can get to do some cool things, if you're the type who likes messing with that.