Clicky

Kitsy Bunnyhug

Forceful Reminder: Intentional Friendly Fire

Intentional friendly fire in any shape or form will be punished severely. If I find somone killing another ordo for any reason other than than accidental friendly fire in combat which is frowned upon but sometimes unavoidable...(Ruin >=O) you will be most definately sore for a very long time. This is you're only warning and you will be held accountable for your actions.

Yeah, I don't think I ever intentionally killed another ordo. I wouldn't either.

Even if i did shoot Ruin from 250+m, corner to corner of the sim, out of the air while he was in a Praeda with the Socom.

...or when i first joined I shot Johann Wilberg near 15 times in a row one day because he ran in front of me several times around that one blind corner.

It doesn't need to be extended... intentional teamkills are a no-no, whether by gunfire, grenades, melee, praeda headbutts, pools of death or otherwise. Accidents happen but there should be no fooling around with team-killing of any kind. Save it for authorized training exercises.

Side note: if you know you're going to go afk, it's best to do it in the hangar or some other safe location.

One suggestion i must say to make this count is when people are in front of the wall and jet-packing right before the battlements. Doing that will easily lead you into the line of friendly fire, ive seen this numerous times and have, i admit, nearly shot several ordo memebers who jump pack as myself and others are firing. If your outside the wall, cut the use of jetpacks if you can, use the two hills to the left and right of the center bridge and the trench, you don't need to be flying up and over infront of the wall and make yourself a target for both sides

One suggestion i must say to make this count is when people are in front of the wall and jet-packing right before the battlements. Doing that will easily lead you into the line of friendly fire, ive seen this numerous times and have, i admit, nearly shot several ordo memebers who jump pack as myself and others are firing. If your outside the wall, cut the use of jetpacks if you can, use the two hills to the left and right of the center bridge and the trench, you don't need to be flying up and over infront of the wall and make yourself a target for both sides

There is a clear difference between shooting a friendly because they aren't aware of their surroundings or are doing something they shouldn't be doing and get in your line of fire, or actually aiming for someone and shooting them on purpose.

That said, if you're on the wall its also your responsibility to know whats going on in front of you and warn someone.

Stickying this thread.

you don't need to be flying up and over infront of the wall and make yourself a target for both sides

Seconded. Especially those who like to be just outside the wall near the center bridge. Please do not jet up into the wall defenders' line of fire... remember that the wall is still our primary line of defense and a smart place to be, as it provides good firing positions and some cover/concealment. If you absolutely must use the jetpack, the south half of the sim provides good cover and jumping around there won't put you in anyone's line of fire.

I'd like to suggest the jetpack only be used to get from one place to another.

Jetpacking up 50m to negate enemy cover and fire down on people is cheap and lame...

This is not what they are built for.

I agree with Niiya totally, even if I have used said jet pack to get a shot off at a hostile, and it's got my shot by freindly fire before, both other peoples, and falling into my own bullets x.x (which I class as my own damn fault for not looking where I was flying).

Perhaps jetpack regulations restricting them to non combat use?

I don't think we have to go that far, getting from one end of the sim to the other (e.g. from South to north bridges) in a hurry in combat is pretty important to plug gaps, and if they are off during combat they become little more than a toy for recreational use between defensive actions for most of us.

Anyway... thats slightly off topic.

In general it's accepted accidents happen, especially during combat, if you blast one your own just apologise and keep going with defending/attacking/training, there is usually no lasting harm done. But NEVER intentionally attack another Ordo outside of Training, we're surposed to be a professional military force, let us keep it that way.

In general it's accepted accidents happen, especially during combat, if you blast one your own just apologise and keep going with defending/attacking/training, there is usually no lasting harm done. But NEVER intentionally attack another Ordo outside of Training, we're surposed to be a professional military force, let us keep it that way.

I agree with you Blaze, that's the primary thing we need to keep in mind. If you do shoot someone during any combat operations, apologize and move on, no need to brood or take action against it. Last thing we need is pent up tension between members towards one another because they shot one another during combat by accident