Clicky

Aryte

Important: Nerva

Who is MC.... Okay, for that matter, I think its time I simply broke down and asked. I only have experience with two groups now. 2142, and us. I'm REALY green when it comes to SL combat, I'm surprised I'm even an E-2 and not still in schola, but I really feel the need to ask whats probably veiwed as a stupid question by some of the older member. Who are ALL the other combat groups, what are there sims, and what is our status with them? I've been trying to find this out for my self and have come up with only five names so far. Mercenary Brothers, Guerillas, Mercz, Ordo, and New Jessi...which I just recently learned was more of a freindly free-for-all...sort of.

I really wish Schola had come with some sort of seminar on who our allies and enemies are, along with a note card of the same info...or atleast the note card. TO make a long, high jacking post short. Can I get a list of the current active groups, the names of their sims, and our status with them...and mabey some short history. If and when that can be done, I'd love to compile it into a note card so that way I can hand it out to any of the other green recruits so that have an easier time then I did.

Sorry for high jacking -_-*...

Edited by Esichs Sonnerstein

I sense a 99% Chance of Nacky. :/

Who is MC.... Okay, for that matter, I think its time I simply broke down and asked. I only have experience with two groups now. 2142, and us. I'm REALY green when it comes to SL combat, I'm surprised I'm even an E-2 and not still in schola, but I really feel the need to ask whats probably veiwed as a stupid question by some of the older member. Who are ALL the other combat groups, what are there sims, and what is our status with them? I've been trying to find this out for my self and have come up with only five names so far. Mercenary Brothers, Guerillas, Mercz, Ordo, and New Jessi...which I just recently learned was more of a freindly free-for-all...sort of.

I really wish Schola had come with some sort of seminar on who our allies and enemies are, along with a note card of the same info...or atleast the note card. TO make a long, high jacking post short. Can I get a list of the current active groups, the names of their sims, and our status with them...and mabey some short history. If and when that can be done, I'd love to compile it into a note card so that way I can hand it out to any of the other green recruits so that have an easier time then I did.

Sorry for hijacking -_-*...

Also, Click for Ordo Diplomacy List

MC is Militant Collective, and Tsume nacky joined EU

Edited by Jester Spearmann

Well the reason why Schola doesn't cover these things is because they are general knowledge and 99% of the cadets is already a veteran or somewhat fammiliar in the community but lets see here we go.

Merczateers: Our Largest ally , it's based of a communist theme like the ordo is based off a roman/warhammer one. They have their base in Badnarik but you have to enter in their other ( spawn) sim, Salamis. The Merczateers have been our allies for a few years and the Entire Titan industries/ Ordo staff joined the mercz at one time in history.

Alliance Navy: The oldest group out there, it's resolved around a space theme, space colonists if you like. The Ordo rised out of the ashes of the Alliance Navy II. Their base can be found in Elshout and we are neutral with them them now after a war that lasted 2 years. The wounds haven't quite healed yet and you may encouter some AN members that are not particulary fond of ordo's when you visit them. The Alliance has been going through some rough times lately because they lost a few members and things like that. We fully support them tho

Militant Collective: A group founded by Raideur NG a former Alliance officer. The group is also based off a space theme but their bases are all on earth where the AN bases are usually found on planets ( mars landscape). They have been a member of the Iron symphony as long as the mercz and ordo have and they used to be one of the so called "big 3". The big 3 militaries in second life but they have lost that status for quite some time now. They are the smallest member of the iron symphony now and their leader is out of the country which has caused some problems as far as it concerns organisation

2142: A decent group, Enemies with the Ordo's. They are small-averagely sized . Their base is located in 2142 ( sim name). Their military is based off the game Battlefield 2142. They are not into politics much. Their group exists out of people that want to have fun in combat and nothing more. Combat with these guys is usually fun and fair.

Sparta: The joke of the community. Sparta is the 4th oldest military on this grid ( AN, Mercz, Ordo, Sparta) that still exists but they never managed to gain any power. They have always been small. Their Leader Bruno Ziskey is to blme because some of the Spartans are decent men, if you leave Bruno at home combat can be fun and fair but as soon as bruno logs on he will ban every combatant that defeats him or his men. He is the most notorious wielder of the Banhammer in the military community. This behaviour has caused a lot of militaries to stop caring about sparta resulting in its slow death. Their sim is located in Second chance

Echelon Union: another member of the iron symphony and a fairly young military. It's an averagely-small sized military that is extremely solid for a military of that size. Where other militaries either get destroyed or feel the pressure to grow up fast to become a superpower is Echelon slowly and steadily becoming stronger. A lot of their gear is inspired by Ordo gear because of their scripter being a former Ordo. Their sim is located in Vadoo Reef

Guerillia Rebels: A group founded by Jordi Doobi, a former spartan. It's resolved around a rebels theme located somewhere in the forests of South America. We are enemies with them and their sim is located in Anamur. They are notorious for having incredibly spamming weaponry and planes but they are not whiners and will take a defeat as a man.

Republic of Germany: I don't know why i really even mention this one. it's based off a german theme pretty much like vanguard but less succesfull. It's another old military but it always ceased to exist after a few months and then it returned later.

It's strange that they'd do this without bringing issues to our attention diplomatically first... and if we haven't heard the reason from those who made this policy, I doubt MC's enlisted personnel have either.

To Esichs: MC = Militant Collective = one of our allies.

This is far from a complete list but you can see some of the groups in this post: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?showtopic=1202

Groups come and go so quickly, maintaining a complete and accurate list can take a good bit of work. Some last no more than a month, and even established groups die out.

The thing is, I have a bit of an...erm...complex? When it comes to knowing who my enemies and allies are. I also find the politics, interactions, and history between allied and opposing groups fasinating if not useful. I'd love to try and help keep a better recorded archive of who is who if there is any way I can?

New Schola outline covers some of this to help new folks. :D