Clicky

Gunau Sodwind

OIC Standards : Maintaining Defensive posture

Level of personel on the walls as of late has become increasingly small from my observation. I've seen several occasions when there was one or 2 people in a defensive posture, and the rest of the troops on sim were inside the outpost. As a suggestion, the OIC should regulate the number of men on the walls in order to maintain a hardened level of defensive posture.

I realize it only takes a few moments to move from the outpost to the wall, but it would be prudent to keep at LEAST 5 soldiers stationed on the wall at all times (excuding sim closures of course)

Since the OIC's primary duty while on sim is coordinating defense, this is particularly important.

My final suggestion is that the OIC be required to be on ventrilo for obvious reasons.

I for one would not want to the officer who allowed the wall to be breached due to poor situational awareness and defensive posture....

Edited by Gunau Sodwind

Another thing. I will start appointing SOGs every time I am OIC. This person may be anyone from E-1 to W-2. I'm going to expect that person to handle contacting all incoming people, and to keep a timely watch on the actual grounds. As an OIC, your best position is not on the wall. Go to the radar room. Be the eyes and ears of the sim. Direct your forces.

Everyone else, keep in mind, we all understand watching over an empty spawn is boring. But by hanging back and not even trying, that means all those that do get more stressed, having to sit for longer periods of time, watching everyone else have fun while they wait. Everyone pitch in and help out.

Edited by Rei Kuhr

Another thing. I will start appointing SOGs every time I am OIC. This person may be anyone from E-1 to W-2. I'm going to expect that person to handle contacting all incoming people, and to keep a timely watch on the actual grounds. As an OIC, your best position is not on the wall. Go to the radar room. Be the eyes and ears of the sim. Direct your forces.

Not only is that a good idea to get NCO's a job and an active responsibility, but it is also tactically sound.

Perhaps, rei, we should write an OIC guidebook