Welcome to Ordo Imperialis

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sosarin Demar

Signature Size Awareness

17 posts in this topic

It finally happened. Well, I may be the only one on the planet who operates at a 1024x768 screen resolution on account of crappy comp and tiny monitor, but there is a forum signature that took up my whole screen.

I tried masking it a bit to ... well, protect the identity of the individual. I don't want to pick on any one person.

Erm, anyway! For the love of god, please have small reasonably sized signatures. Merit listing? Okay. Picture? Keep it reasonable. Thanks.

Thanks for posting this, Sosarin. I personally have set all signatures set to disabled on my account (so I can't see them), so I have no idea who has a huge one and who doesn't. Yeah I know, not very responsible of me as the administrator, lol. :|

Oh darn, and I was just about to add War and Peace in my signature, but perhaps that would be a bit large at a 4pt font...

I don't have any text in my sig, but if I ever do add it I'll shrink mine. I don't think mine is overboard at the moment however. Do tell me if I'm wrong on this.

This has always been important net etiquette, but it's especially valid for a professional/military board. Smooth function and usability for everyone should outweigh vanity, so sig files should be reasonable.

In my opinion if you're using the Ordo Imperialis: Evolution skin (which has rank and group info on the right like in Sosarin's snapshots) and post a 1-line message, your entire post with sig should not extend significantly below the minimum block size.

Here is a labeled example image of a nice, considerate sig size (taken from this very thread and masked like the professionals do it. No way you can ever figure out who it is.)

sigexample1.jpg

With that post you just made with a single line, your entire post is over twice the size in length beyond the minimum size it would be.