Clicky

Aryte

Authority?

This afternoon, the sentiment was expressed to me by another member of the Ordo Imperialis that I there is a lack of authority provided to members of the organization--spare myself. I do not know if this is something that is shared among multiple individuals, singular, or simply a misunderstanding. I do, however, want to address it immediately.

To say that I, Aryte, treat the officer staff as "children" is somewhat . . no, extremely offensive to me. The individual staff of each division is provided a huge amount of oversight in all matters of designing and running their organization. So much that I believe I "strangle" officers at times, by giving them so much capability to determine their own command path without the guidance.

There are, however, certain rights that I reserve for myself. The Ordo Imperialis is an autocracy. It always has been, and it always will be. In any matter, I possess the full capability to step in and overrule a decision. Do I exercise this power often? Hardly.

Beyond that, I solely reserve the power of ordering (or in the case of an officer requesting it; approving) offensive maneuvers. This is a practice that has largely been fathered by the Ordo Imperialis and adopted by other militaries. Simply, flailing around and assaulting at your wish is something of a half-baked militia. If you wish to have free reign to assault others at your will like a band of terrorists-- go join Vanguard.

You are free and always will be free to join another military if you do not enjoy the way I run things.

Otherwise, welcome to the Ordo Imperialis.

I concur. Whereas I dont have the authority for drastic measures such as ordering an attack, or blithely kicking someone out of the group, I've been given a lot of freedoms to command Astra in the way I see fit. In fact, the best description of the command structure I can think of is a family. Aryte has been very helpful in providing insight as to how to command. Not once was I at the point where I had to sit back and wait for permission to do the job I was supposed to do. Yes, I was always answerable for what I did, so I knew that betraying my position would have it's consequences. But I never felt that I was held back from what I could be doing.

In other words, officers arent given just responsibility. We're given trust.

As far as Authority, when Aryte was in battle under a raid leader, for a raid i was in, he even took orders from this much lower ranking raid leader... LOL so this person complaining about authority was probably one of those sort full of subconscious resentment, and as a result can't be pleased with any level of authority in an organization. Authority is actually necessary to ensure the integrity and orderly growth of an organization.

Resentment is a very difficult thing to overcome. Resentment is usually the root in some random reason as to why someone will not follow instructions. Rooting out resentment in ones self will free them up to offer ideas and then accept the decision of the authority in place should it come to that. Resentment results in pride, unnecessary ego, and generally being an unpleasant person to be around.

Resentment could come from anything.. i was only allowed wheaties for breakfast growing up therefore i will never take orders from anyone without finding some reason as to why they should be disobeyed. -my advice is find out why you have resentment, root it out, and get on with your life. All ordo are champions not resent filled embittered folk.

These sort of people think.. "if only i were in such and such a position, i'd do things so much better".. I've personally placed such people in a position where they could do anything they wanted, and they pretty much failed. I've seen this attitude in myself, it's a part of growing up. Get over yourself, do what it takes to succeed and enjoy life.

Authority does not mean that one person has ALL the answers.

As long as the vision is the same, more brains working on a problem will usually ensure a complete solution. In addition capacity to answer questions is also improved. Say there are 20 problems to address. 1 person can certainly answer them all But 5 people with the same vision and unity of spirit can answer 20 questions in 1/4 the time.

Heh heh, this topic was so long ago i doubt anyone will read this answer. But it's almost medicinal replying to it. LOL