Clicky

Euro Zapatero

Status Informant of Euro

Don't know how many people care, but carrying on. Buckle up, this is going to be a long one.

I've only told a few people, more of close friends this, but I am going to be enlisted in the Air Force, I've already done all the crap that was suppose to be done down at MEPS, my final things to do is to swear in once, await further orders on what job I'll be receiving to swear in again for my 2nd time to be cuffed by the Military and head to BMT. (Basic Military Training; for those who don't know)

One reason why I haven't been on for long or ever, is for the fact I'm trying to make the most fun of my free time while I can before things go down and I have to start shaping up to a more completely different person, or so my friends say, hopefully I won't change how I am right now as in fun, goofy, immature (This is gonna go most likely) and weird. I really only pop on SL to talk to friends rather than doing the work for Ordo. I don't know whether this will be my retirement for Ordo or simply a HUGE break from it, only the future will tell this.

I've also did a journal about this not to long ago on FA, and this is what it had.

"I'm going to be enlisting into the Air Force, I've already told most of my closest friends this. I have already went through the recruiter, ASVAB and even had a Full Physical Examination, I've passed everything except depth perception; it just means I won't qualify for certain jobs. Though I am temporarily disqualified for having a bit of excessive earwax, I have been using q-tips way before this. They told me, using those was pretty bad since it also pushes the wax to the back of the ear, so I am awaiting a call from my Sergeant telling me when to go to his office to get sent to the hotel and back to MEPS for an ear wash, and to be sworn in that day. After all that, I will be going to check which jobs I will be able to choose, mark them down and await further instructions on when I want to leave for Basic Training.

Whether it would be for the good or for the bad, this might be a good one to get my life started. I know some, as in my close friends, don't want to see me go into the military and are also afraid, I might change completely. Maybe, I will make this promise to them that I will try my hardest to keep myself the way I am right now, with what will happen after I am done with Basic Training, it is not a guaranteed promise, but I will try. Looks like I probably won't have much time to draw once everything is done, and the fact I have to throw myself into the closet from having anything happening to me while serving.

Who knows, what will happen after Basic Training, all I can do is wait and see what happens. I am not saying I am leaving to Basic Training right now, maybe in the next two weeks I might, it all depends, but hey.. at least I will be able to go to cons if I set my dates fast for my vacation days, so that's a positive, the negative, there is probably a chance of me getting deployed to Iraq, not to fight, but to maintain aircraft and so on, depending on the job I get. I will keep updating this journal until I start heading to Basic Training in which I will leave a last journal before my leave."

As for the updated status, hearing the news and such, the chance of being deployed is even slightly higher if you guys heard about North Korea. I also didn't swear in that day for the fact the systems were down, which is quite upsetting since me and a few others were sitting down for nearly 5 hours straight awaiting to be sworn in, only to come to "We're sorry, but we weren't able to meet the last swear-ins." So, my recruiter is doing what he can, since staying at a hotel and waking up at 3AM sucks, in which I don't want to do for the 3rd time until I really have to be shipped off.

In honesty, I'm really scared, or as they say, "Fear of the Unknown" to really leave home to go through something I am not expecting at all. Along with, changing my human being, but I know I've made the right choice in joining Air Force, since most of the jobs really won't kill someone as in being up on the front lines like the Marine Corps and Army.

That's it from me, and now you guys know what is going on.

Edited by Euro Zapatero