Clicky

Scientific Waffle

Sparta Ban Lifted

Time to lock the subject? admins?

I don't really see why we need to lock the subject. There have been some good points on both sides, no need to artifically end discussion. And in terms of getting to attack Sparta, it'll evventually happen. It's just a matter of them having enough men on when we're looking for targets to attack, and for Jaxx and Wasaac being on when they are a good target. Like any enemy, we're not in any rush to attack them when they only have 2 men on base.

Am I the only person here who wants to see a full IS blockade raised upon Sparta? Whatever happened to the days where the character of a military's leader determined our stance toward it? We blockaded Vanguard and we keep Chaos cut off because of the behavior their leaders. Silver Hawk was kicked from the IS due to the action of one of their leaders. I find it absolutely ridiculous that we are allowing Bruno to conduct himself in such a foul manner, while trying to find ways to excuse his actions so we can have one more group to fight. Some who read this may argue that his personal life is nobody's business. I may be old fashioned, but I find that making death threats against people, extortion, and blackmail is far beyond acceptable conduct, personal life or not. The only way Bruno will EVER learn is if his men rise up against him, and the only way that will ever happen is if we give them sufficient motivation to do so. One may argue that it is not our place to enact change in another group through indirect action. That's a fair argument. However, I would also like to argue that by trying to "play by Bruno's rules," all we're doing is endorsing the way he acts. We are the Ordo Imperialis, and we are above his childish antics. Have we really become so desperate that we are willing to sacrifice our own integrity simply to get a little more pewpew time?

Ethan, I think the point we made in reopening combat with Sparta was to be above personal squabbles and to refuse to give him any rational basis for continuing his cowardly bans. However, in light of recent events, an IS blockade could be a rational response, though I think the Mercz would be the ones to decide if that's the proper course of action. After all, it is one of their members who has been subject to the worst of Bruno's threats and excess. My personal suggestion would be to give Bruno the option of allowing conditionless combat with all IS forces and to end his attacks on Delia/Ivy, or to face an IS blockade. I think his actions are grave enough to even convince some outside of the IS to take part in the blockade.

It must be kept in mind that our initial generous offer to reopen combat with Sparta was made before Bruno went as far as he did. Furthermore, our offer as it stands was never meant to be a permanent agreement.

No. As much as I'd love to start air striking Second Chance, we've reached a point where we cannot engage Sparta in combat. And I'll tell you why.

For each day that we DON'T raise a full IS blockade against Sparta, we give the impression that we find Bruno's behavior and terms acceptable. I'm not just talking about his ban happy shenanigans and his ridiculous rules of engagement , I'm talking about the clusterfuck of a mess he's in with Ivy. Yes, the subject itself is personal. However, the death threats against the Merczateers, the extortion, the banning due to Ivy's rejection of him, and his fraudulent activities with his sim are not only of public significance, they're now also public knowledge. Because of this, we are required to make a stand and state our beliefs on this matter, through either action or inaction.

If we don't act, or worse, if we begin to fight Sparta, we're sending the message that what Bruno has done is okay, and that we don't care. To do so would not only betray the Merczateers, but would also betray our own sense of honor and integrity, just so we can get that little bit of trigger time in before he bans us. Yes, Bruno will ban us, and yes, we'll be able to point and laugh about it. But if we give him the chance to ban us, all we'll have to say is, "Oh, you banned us for no reason too." when we SHOULD be saying, "Bruno, you're a despicable piece of shit and we will not tolerate your behavior or your terms."

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for more enemies to fight. But I myself am not willing to sacrifice my integrity in order to achieve this, and we as a group should not be willing to either.

As much as I want the chance to shotgun Bruno in the face and get banned for it, Ethan has put forward a very valid point. If we do continue to 'patron' Sparta as attacking forces, we really are just accepting his actions as 'okay' for the sake of our own entertainment. Absolute disassociation with Bruno is needed, in any and all forms.