Clicky

Keystone Gray

Left 4 Dead - Competition Team

-------------------------------

-------- About TWL --------

-------------------------------

Team Warfare League is a standard ladder-based competition league. They have a hand in most competitive games, examples of which are currently played by quite a few members in the Ordo on a near-daily basis.

As such, I believe it's time to jump-start another attempt at getting a competitive team off the ground. We've got the member base, and the numbers of game owners, to start a Left4Dead team. There is no numerical limit to how many can join the team. However, keep in mind that if we get many more competitors on our team than expected, you will not be able to attend every match.

You do not need to register on the website yet. But, if interested in gaining a head-start, please go to the TWL website and register an account. Please keep your registration name the same as or close to your Second Life name, to make it easy for me to keep track of you all. You should be able to view the "The Ordo Imperialis" team by accessing the webpage below:

http://www.teamwarfare.com/viewteam.asp?te...Ordo+Imperialis

You may receive the join password from me once you have applied in this thread to join and have given me the name of your TWL account. Bear in mind that, before you compete, you will need to supply your SteamID on your TWL profile. I can help you get your SteamID if requested. In addition, TWL league rules dictate that you are required to wear a clan tag when competing. Info on this is in the next section.

------------------------------

-------- Clan Tags --------

Your Steam name will have to conform to the following format while in a competitive stance:

ORDO-A00 - Firstname

For example:

ORDO-K37 - Keystone

These are formatted as first letter of your first name, followed by two numbers of your choice. They may not intercede any chosen numbers by any other member of the league, meaning there can be no duplicate service numbers. Names are not required to be this format when not competing or not practicing, but you may retain the name outside of Ordo-related league activities.

Why this style? It's meant as our identifying "clan tag", which is why you may wear it outside of a league match or practice. It's also meant to let those we play against know that we are professionals with a place in the organization we've built, which we are. It's also a unifier to us in its own right, as we'll hold a "uniform" ingame.

Yes, I did steal the serial tag idea from Halo. No, you can't sue me. :P

---------------------------------

----- Rules & Customs -----

---------------------------------

We will practice. We will play often, and we will play against each other. Before we get our feet wet and join the ladder, I want every participant to be sharpened and as ready as possible. Registration for the league is not required to practice with us, but if you intend to compete, you will need to apply here first before joining the league on TWL.

Finally, Ordo rank will have no bearing on your authority in the competition team. The authority held in the group is that held by the team captains, chosen at my own discretion. Regardless of this fact, you may lose privileges in the league if behavior issues arise within your Ordo career.

Competition is representation, and misrepresentation of our name, image, and/or honor will result in a disqualification for competition. Standard public relations rules apply, as do the IS Doctrine "Golden" and "Respect" rules. TWL also has a hand in giving us rules to follow; you are expected to read them. Trash talk will not be tolerated, and I -will- outright remove members from the team if it occurs. I will actively assist TWL administrators in investigations if valid concerns of behavior arise. In short: if it is not nice, do not say it. It's safer to not say anything at all unless "gg handshaking" at the end of a match.

Given the level of maturity held by Ordo Imperialis members, I have high faith that these rules set forth will be followed without incident. However, these things must be made clear as I have had experiences in the past, while moderating a TWL team, in which team members have cost our team some ladder ranks for misbehavior. Most teams on TWL are no-bullshit, no-nonsense.

We can have fun while practicing, and especially when competing, but keep in mind that these matches will be serious, they will be vicious, they will be bloodthirsty, and they will be efficiently carried out. We'll be newbies on the scene, and thus we'll be looked upon with scrutiny. Make Ordo proud while carrying our banner.

---- Getting Involved ----

To apply here, please post in this thread with the name you wish to play under (In the format "ORDO-A00 - Abcdefg"), followed by any comments or questions you might have. You will be required to have a working microphone and Ventrilo access in order to compete, but are welcome to practices without either.

Regards,

Keystone Gray

ORDO-TWL Head Team Captain

--------------------------------------

Number of team members: 4

CAPTAIN

Keystone Gray

ORDO:K37 - Keystone

---

Kazuhiro Schnyder

ORDO:K35 - Kazu

---