Clicky

Aryte

FAQ Thread

Adding a thread here for commonly asked questions, etc. Simply ask a question and I will answer. For example:

1) Who should I salute?

- Officers of a superior level. Warrant officers are included in this. You do not have to salute enlisted personnel or Praetorian personnel.

Sly Axon wrote:

Not that I need the question answered but it should help some.

1) Am I allowed to rez prims on Titan?

Answer: Yes and no. Yes, you may modify your armor, build, etc on Titan. But you have to pick it up after you are done-- done being: I am done working on this atm, even if I plan on coming back later. Otherwise, it'll get returned.

No, you may not leave building platforms or builds out.

Sosarin Demar wrote:

1) If I am AFK or busy (buried in notecards, for example) and I fail to acknowledge an officer. He or she reports me for failure to acknowledge them. How do I defend myself?

2) Aside from saluting, is there anything else I must do to "acknowledge" an officer?

Answer 1: You're not at fault for causes beyond your means. Simply tell the truth. "I didn't notice them, I was buried in IMs."

Answer 2: Title and manner is important. As Praetorian Tretiak noted, it is better to call your superior by rank and/or sir/ma'am, rather than name. For example: Imperator in replacement of "Aryte."

Jester Spearmann wrote:

What is an acceptable use of AOE weaponry & Explosives, IE:Adjudicator/plasmae & HE grenades. and c4/landmines

Answer: There's no one answer for that. I'll provide a "middle ground/best practice" answer. Grenades and so forth are typically always acceptable in live, active combat. The utilization of Adjucators and other heavier assets are at discretion of the user, or, by dictation of an officer/senior (should they step in). There is no specific statute that says "you can't plaster a single attacker with four Adjudicators and an Eternity." It is simply kindness and good sportsmanship on our part. If an officer orders that weaponry be limited, then abide. Otherwise, consider the implications and make the call on your own conscience.

Aryte Vesperia wrote:
Sosarin Demar wrote:

1) If I am AFK or busy (buried in notecards, for example) and I fail to acknowledge an officer. He or she reports me for failure to acknowledge them. How do I defend myself?

2) Aside from saluting, is there anything else I must do to "acknowledge" an officer?

Answer 1: You're not at fault for causes beyond your means. Simply tell the truth. "I didn't notice them, I was buried in IMs."

Answer 2: Title and manner is important. As Praetorian Tretiak noted, it is better to call your superior by rank and/or sir/ma'am, rather than name. For example: Imperator in replacement of "Aryte."

And, to add, "Imperator Vesperia" or "Legates Spearmann", etc are also correct, if you want to be uber-formal/archaic, and/or identify who you are speaking to.

Since if you're suddenly surrounded by three legates and a dozen officers, you may want to identify which one you are referring to by using their official Rank and their last name. Saying "Sir" (or ma'am) there could get you a dozen answers.

Lestat Umarov wrote:

What is the bare minimum you can wear with the medium, heavy, or officer armor so that it's still authorized?

Answer: More is always better. I am typically OK so as long as you're wearing everything that covers your middle. IE: leggings, chest plate. You can get away with lacking shoulders, arms, gloves. The "I'm too cool for bulky arm shit" look.