Clicky

Liana Pera

Poll: Snow vs. Soil?

Terrain Poll  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What terrain do you like the most?

I suggest pools of liquid nitrogen and ammonia crystals.

Or we could just go with GRASS AND TREES AND CRAP. Or maybe even try to vary the textures a bit with elevation, s'just a thought. Snow has been done...many many times before. Barren Soil is sort of been the SL military default, along with snow. Why can't we have a reasonably temperate, vegetated landscape?

I vote sand!

Nice long beaches with wavy palm trees and a bunch of tiki huts as a base \o/

with swimming pools and tiki bars off course, then we can have themed casual (fri)days with Hawaiian shirts..

If we put the spawn over an active volcano we wont be disturbed during the luau and we can roast marshmallows over it.

If this does get shot down (Because I know Aryte hates tiki bars with a passion) go for something which isn't monogamous .. like snow .. or just plain mud ..

I like the liquid nitrogen and ammonia crystals idea. Maybe make it an effect where if you fall into the liquid nitrogen the pool rezzes hunks of shattered frozen physical body parts that burst outwards and roll before derezzing.

I agree with this.. maybe no the exploding crystallized body parts thing, but I think its a neat idea. Rock clutsters and crystalline structures- but I also like the snow idea, mainly because Titan, as a moon, is an icey cold surface.

a giant crystaline cave with strategically placed local lightings, a labyrinth with pitfalls onto spikes and secret passageways, eventually leading to a huge room with a guarded fenced off elevator shaft. The door will have a damage script in it, a couple shots will break the lock and the door opens. Then as soon as you ascend into the light from above with sparkling crystals all around like the inside of a geode you immerge in a broken down destroyed construction site. As soon as you follow the path thru the rubble you see a huge monolithic imperial city. That way we can have them spawn in titan, move underground thru chronus, then up to the surface on chronus and charge back towards us. Have like 50 meters of rock between the bottom of the city and the cave in Titan so there's no chance of them breaching through.

can have the spawn be a little cove with a transparent full glow insert in it that makes it look like daylight over water and a small crashed boat.

I think that a mountain side village would be the coolest base ever. It's simple and I think there wouldn't be that much of a need for a lot of primmy structures. I suppose the story would be a dispatch of the Imperator's forces to pacify a town and set up an HQ while marauding military factions would try to lunge at us... or something. I JUST WANT A BUNCH OF TREES AND AWESOME TERRA-FORMING!!

In a way I hate and love both snow and soil. Yet from my time spent in 2142 switching between back and forth dulled my love for either one so I really think something different would be good. Maybe a desert or something but overall something out of the ordinary different would really be nice.

I agree with Furry Thor. Even if I am new, I would prefer a biting cold snow land full of blood from those we shoot. Or just Tons of garbage since I´m sure there´s noone that takes care of our waste zD. And a big swamp would be really cool too, Perhaps the ice on Titan melted and became swampy.

Snow Pro'S :

1.most army use dark armors you see them more easy also geodan zombie

2.aryte got +50 points to stealth +50 to evasion and also gain the skill camouflage

3. the enemys will draw nice angels when die wiggle in pain on the ground after they get hit by a bazzilion bullets

4. i would also gain some +points cause i got white fur too not as much as aryte cause im less pro but yay + points

4. nostalgig cold breaths to everyone

5. cadets will see ruin earlier cause he got -50 on stealth evasion and lose his camoflage ability so he cant nom noms all the cadets evil evil ruin !

6. cool winter clothing

7. we can turn of the freezer and put our food just on the outpost roof

contra's

1. aryte will be more sneaky so it will be more dangerouse in general nto to get stabed or get a " ... wtf "

2. if i hear or read the word snow i instantly think on the word snowmeow = bad

3. the cost for new snow per day cause the massive amounts of people wich get shot colors the ground red . ... and need to be replaced...

3. the heating costs in the outpost will be insane !

4. many soldiers will stab on ice in combat and break important parts of there body or some less important depnding on person .....

5. coffee will frezze on long night shifts and you need a 3 additional pairs of socks i think the most people know where to place them ....

6. cost for salt and stones to make the wall save to walk on to prevent people falling of the wall without kitsy , seb , and a ton other around wich push

7. 5 th again cause its damn important ! nuu one wants a coffee ice !

8.cold balls .... and paws ...

just few pros and contras

in general Snow ROCKS !!! ( aslong its not in combination with the word meow ! )

[biasedloveforthevaevictus]

How about an island sim? The terrain can be made interesting by having it be a crash landing site of a Vae Victus-class freighter, with chunks of its machinery scattered throughout the beach. The offense can fight up a hill off the beach, using actual pieces of the VV for cover, and the command post is the bridge. The engine room, offices, and barracks can be mostly intact, with only light terrain damage (like plant growth coming through the ground and ceiling, some sand and soil in certain parts). Those three sectors can serve as our main base, the hangar the front door of the makeshift base.

The "arms" of the craft would be too smashed to use as a base, so they're retrograded into a natural defense. The enemy can only attack the command post from the front, as the arms of the craft are blocking any other route. On the way up, the enemy could go through wrecked hallways on either arm, up to a certain point, whereupon they must actually come out into the open in front of the hangar to continue their advance.

Setting would be tropical, naturally. Palm trees and shiz. Sand. And a cool base.

[/biasedloveforthevaevictus]