Clicky

RazorFox

District 13

District 13 is a post-apocalyptic roleplay sim based loosely on the Fallout universe. It's located in the regions Formido (where the telehub is) and Tartarus. It has a really cool wasteland look to it, and seems really cool so far.

The unique thing about the sim is that Mercz has established itself as a military faction there, and several Ordo members have also decided, with Aryte's blessing, to establish Ordo as a faction there as well. Our power armor and mixture of plasma guns and regular firearms fits the theme really well.

However, to make things fit the time period, Ordo in District 13 is going to have to eschew the whole galactic Warhammer 40k empire thing in favor of being an occupation force sent by a dictatorship in Western Europe (thinking of calling it something like the Titanian Empire or something like that), with the Ordo Imperialis being its military force. Think along the lines of the Enclave, except Romanesque occupation force instead of grassroots militant Cold War jingoists.

Anyway anyone who wants to participate should. I'll probably create a special group for it sometime soon if enough people are interested.

EDIT: To participate, you'll have to buy a 75L DCS2 HUD. Guns must be kept on semi-automatic (single shot for all you non-gun nerds out there).

EDIT EDIT: The group will be called "Legio Incursio CXVIII," roughly translating into "128th Invading Legion," which I think is a suitable name for an occupying detachment. The Roman numerals are kind of arbitrary and tacked on there just for looks, pretty much.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: No aircraft or jetpacks.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: We have a base in Formido now! Special thanks to Pyros Blackburn for letting us use his water station as our outpost.

[23:33] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: ((Question for y'all, if you don't mind.)

[23:33] Kaminari Shinn: (( no never. ))

[23:33] Sadesh Helendale: (( What's up? ))

[23:33] Kaminari Shinn: (( sure whats up? ))

[23:33] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: (( >:C ))

[23:34] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: ((Do you know how I could get ahold of a game master or some such?))

[23:34] Kaminari Shinn: (( an admin? ))

[23:34] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: ((Yeah, that.))

[23:34] Sadesh Helendale: (( Lucky strike. lol ))

[23:34] Sadesh Helendale points to the kid. ))

[23:34] Kaminari Shinn: (( by talkin to me ^^ ))

[23:34] Kaminari Shinn: What can I help you with? ))

[23:34] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: ((Well that was easy XD))

[23:35] Sadesh Helendale: lol ))

[23:35] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: ((Yeah, I'm looking to establish a new faction here based on my military group, sorta like the Mercz are now))

[23:35] Kaminari Shinn: (( okay ))

[23:35] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: ((Anything I need to know aside from the basic rules around here before I go about doing that?))

[23:36] Kaminari Shinn: (( Uhm, as far as I know just rent land ))

[23:36] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: ((Do the Mercz rent land here?))

[23:37] Kaminari Shinn: (( I will ask and BEG you to have any members of Ordo read the sim rules before RPing or entering combat to cut down on any problems that might occur later ))

[23:37] Kaminari Shinn: (( they rent in the waste lands ))

[23:38] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: ((Oh yeah, that's a given. We're used to dealing with other sims rules and such. And we have a lot of experienced RPers in our midst, so that shouldn't be an issue))

[23:39] Kaminari Shinn: (( I love you. ))

[23:39] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: ((I think one of our high ranking members is an admin for some FF7 RP sims, actually))

[23:39] Kaminari Shinn: (( You have no idea how much I love you lol ))

[23:39] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: ((XD))

[23:39] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: (( <3 ))

READ THE GODDAMN RULES, GUYS. THAT IS IMPORTANT OBVIOUSLY.

I worry about the ramifications of taking Ordo into RP. It is my experience in RP that it can easily become too personal. An Ordo member is an admin on an alt there. I'm sure he'll be even-handed, but at what point does one consider him disloyal to the Ordo if his character tells them to fuck off? What of telling the Mercz to fuck off, since I hear they're a bit knuckleheaded?

I suppose there has to be some sorta RP story for Ordo to explain why we salute a wolf and have a terraformer and shit, but insofar as we require military discipline, that precluded us acting as a character other than ourselves. Else, the excuse quickly becomes ((LOL, Aryte, I'm not disobeying your order, my character is.)) At what point in a RP situation would an E-4 turn on Zrazor and shoot him because he didn't like the given order, because shit, the apocalypse is nigh anyway? Ordo gear has traditionally not been allowed for RP. At what point do we draw the line? Should a detachment of Invictus go to SWRP to take down the Mandalorians? (That could be a good fight!)

If this is a chance to increase Ordo exposure elsewhere on the grid, even if we can eschew the above sorta problems, we cannot control for the near insane fanaticism some people take their RP and could then use that to damage the Ordo.

@Gulliver:

I've discussed the matter of dealing with a couple of the Mercz there and for the most part, they're pretty easygoing about separating in-character stuff from OOC diplomacy.

As far as this:

At what point in a RP situation would an E-4 turn on Zrazor and shoot him because he didn't like the given order, because shit, the apocalypse is nigh anyway?

You guys wouldn't do that to poor lil' Zrazor, wouldja? ;-;

@Zero: It's an RP sim. They RP there. >.>

I like, and totally agree with what Gulliver just said. I have been, and since the Sim opened, been RP'ing here. Ordo to be thrown into the mix, in general was something I always tried to avoid having to deal with (Just like to keep Ordo and my Other activities separate.)

Now here is the issue: Given that ordo is now in the sim (and from the sounds of it, here to stay)... Suppose at one point I become pissed off and things happen to go south. Now given that I am part of ordo OOC, the whole situation feels awkward, as everyone knows that an IC bout hardly ever ends with both sides leaving happy. Every time, at least one person feels like their wiener was just run through a meat grinder, and they aren't happy about it. That being said, How can it be known that if such things were to happen it wouldn't later effect you elsewhere, when you consider how easy it is for one thing to be taken into the wrong context and the other party gets butt hurt over it.

I know its always said that you are never technically off-duty in ordo, but to ask if thats true during RP would basically be saying that I had wanted such things... In reality, I joined Ordo for a military group, I understand that there are RP elements to it, but this is crossing the line to Full blown RP and it rarely ever translates well. As most know, I generally keep quiet, but I felt that I should state my thoughts in this given case.

It gives me misgivings because it raises a ton of questions for which there aren't clear-cut answers that would work for a professional, organized, disciplined military organization.

What if someone RPs there not as an Ordo member? You'd run into a conflict of interest if they were passed up for promotion within the group: Was it because my character pwn'd yours? You can't prove or disprove such a thing. Same problem as why it's not a smart move to secks up your coworkers. Oh hey, we have a rule about that too.

What of the regulation that Ordo is never off duty? My literal reading of that is that even if you're RP'ing a character, if you get into it with another member of an Ordo, it's an Ordo conflict. (I'm a strict constructionist when I read the Constitution too.)

I'll probably come up with more what ifs, but I'm sure we'll continue to do this. But I get dibs on an I Told You So.

As I'm running this, I'm going to declare right off the bat that absolutely nothing you do in this RP reflects anything pertaining to what I suppose you could call "the actual Ordo," and no negative or positive consequences will arise from it within the actual Ordo.

The only tangible negative consequence to doing something undesirable will be an eject from the RP group...and maybe an in-character execution. >:3

As I'm running this, I'm going to declare right off the bat that absolutely nothing you do in this RP reflects anything pertaining to what I suppose you could call "the actual Ordo," and no negative or positive consequences will arise from it within the actual Ordo.

The only tangible negative consequence to doing something undesirable will be an eject from the RP group.

Exactly! To what degree is that an official Ordo function? It did have Aryte's blessing. Would I be ejected from the RP group for RP'ing poorly? For RP'ing insubordination? For breaking "actual Ordo" regulations?

There're concerns here within actual Ordo, within RP, within D13 RP.

Would an eject from the RP group constitute you yourself turning your back on one of your Ordo brothers? Because he's a douche in RP?

Exactly! To what degree is that an official Ordo function? It did have Aryte's blessing. Would I be ejected from the RP group for RP'ing poorly? For RP'ing insubordination? For breaking "actual Ordo" regulations?

There're concerns here within actual Ordo, within RP, within D13 RP.

Would an eject from the RP group constitute you yourself turning your back on one of your Ordo brothers? Because he's a douche in RP?

Things that would get you kicked out of the RP group:

-Repeated sim rule infractions

-Anything that would sully the name of the Ordo if you did it anywhere

-Flatulence in my presence (GROSS)

That's really about it.

already im beginning to see this may be a problem in the future looking at the current concerns raised here... if people are going to be fighting each other, then i would strongly recommend doing it as a different character that is not affiliated to the RP ordo... saves drama and confusion...

there is also something we need to keep in mind, NEVER put this RP before your real ordo duties, if we get attacked, drop it until the all clear in titan is given...

Guest Ruin Nefarious

You are putting way too much thought into me allowing five or six Ordo people to act like "Ordo" is a faction in D13. It's immersed into the particular storyline, with Zrazor as the unit "lead" for it. Per his ideal, the Ordo is the militant proper of a fascist regime in Europe. Legio Incursio CXVIII is a detachment, etc. There is no implication to your rank and standard within the Ordo. If you want to RP at D13 without an Ordo character, go for it. And no, the concern of "how far can this go??" is not really valid. I gave permission to anyone interested to partake in D13 with Ordo attire and to use the Ordo name in the RP. Not an open invitation to use Ordo attire in fighting Mandalorians.

There is not a conflict of interest. Who gives a fuck if they die in an RP situation? Likewise, I won't be participating (spare a cameo or something), so the actual person who signs off and issues promotions, etc, etc . . won't be involved.

If you are a member of the Ordo faction, it is a prerequisite to be a member of the Ordo group . . why? You kinda have to get the stuff. If you leave the "real" Ordo group, then you should be prepared to explain why your character is also leaving the D13 RP group. If people are incapable of behaving in a mature manner, in an RP element, with an Ordo uniform on, then that privilege can be suspended pretty easily.

I saw this as an opportunity for Ordo members to go have fun in a situation that was out of the ordinary, not as a massive challenge to our existence and regulations.

IC military discipline and OOC military discipline will be separate. I don't find it in the least bit confusing to differentiate it.

Zrazor brushes back his hair, giving Manuel and incredulous stare. "I will not do that!"

Opposed to. "Fuck that, not doing that. XD"

The IC "cop out" only extends to presence in D13. If someone is rping an insubordinate dick, then they'll receive an IC consequence. Otherwise, I imagine most "Ordo" faction will abide by the idea of militarism: loyal, elite, hardline fanaticism.

Would you be ejected from the Ordo for being IC disrespectful? Not at all. Would you be ejected from the Ordo for disrespecting others OOC, Ordo or not? Definitely.

You bring up valid concerns.

Its that sort of divide many don't understand in the realm of roleplay. It doesn't matter who or what you were if you are now playing a character in an entirely separate and different realm. It would be by no means an official Ordo function whatsoever, just the usage of armor/weapons and whatever given structure.

And we all know there are tons of those hardliners itching for this sort of stuff... <_<