Clicky

Inoue Katsu

\o_ (i guess i'll make one too)

Noticed more seasoned people are making 'hey!' threads so i figured I'd make one too.

I'm Inoue Katsu and currently an O-2 and one of the 'nightshift commanders' because I am dutch. Because of my long time in the Ordo I figured a bit of history might be fun for others to read :-)

I spent many many years administering a decent IRC network before the drama got so great that i sought refuge in Earth above and Beyond for a few months before starting with StarWars Galaxies, that lasted until the infamous 'NGE' (those who know it will shudder) from which point a lot of SWG vets went to SL, me included.

Someone from SWG (who unfortunately isn't Ordo anymore) got me into the AN2 / V(enuma)C(oalition) as a cadet for what is now Terra. I think the AN2 became VC during my training .. because i have both the AN2 and VC cadet gear :-)

My training consisted of a small amount of theory and assaulting a small bunker which was defended by seasoned members while underwater .. I still remember not having discovered the view distance yet and because the training was underwater it was more 'trying to avoid yellow bars while shooting some back from where they came into the grey abyss'

Spent most of my time guarding the spawn-point which basically consisted of a stargate back then, gunning down griefers and AN shortly after they spawned.. Combat ethics were a lot different back then. Quickly made it to Sergeant (E-3 NCO level at that time, E-5 was the max if i remember correctly) and got drafted into the initial original Curia where i spent a lot of time bugging Aryte over things i saw that did not seem right in my eyes mostly because of not knowing what was going on behind the scenes.

This behind-the-scene stuff led to the first, to my knowledge, hostile takeover attempt in what is now the Ordo. The MDF split off from the VC and there was lots of drama. This is still mentioned in the current handbook and Schola training today.

When the VC went over into the N(ovus) O(rdo) I(mperialis) Curia (where i got E-4, vet sgt) got put on hold for the time and I spent most my time on defence again and joined with the roots of what is now Schola, training new cadets to the best of my knowledge and occasionally going outside the book during training in an attempt to do so.. Some of 'my' cadets still serve the Ordo to this day so I guess I did a decent job :-)

Because Schola was quite new, Aryte did a lot of yelling at us for not grinding enough cadets into shape fast enough (they didn't show up half the time!) and new procedures were still being made.

I got sidetracked from 'Schola' and enlisted into the newer Curia as a magister (O-1 promotion) with Sly Axon in charge.

Delt with a lot of conflicts, slapping peoples heads together and spent a lot of time as officer of the guard during the quiet times, which was all by myself a lot of the time.

The NOI slowly progressed with the occasional spurt forward and we went through a ton of sim builds (*cough*) untill the NOI came to an abrupt halt during what is now called Black November, everyone blamed the AN and the second the NOI was no more everyone went over to Tethys (former AN HQ) to let them know what we thought about that .. There was a lot of hate and grudges back then.

Did some other random stuff on SL while Aryte started up titan industries till a bunch of ex NOI (mostly the old officer staff) started starwars RP, went there too and we evicted the seasoned Imperial commander, pissed off tons of (dark) jedi because 'all of a sudden stormtroopers had learned how to shoot and had a great line of weapons' .. much fun to be had :-)

After pretty much conquering a lot of SW stuff for the imperial high command (read: Aryte) and keeping the peace, mostly by beating up sith, jedi and a dorky jawa, Aryte got the taste of being in command back in his jaws and the NOI was started back up under Ordo which started to put the fear into our old enemies right from the start.

I got command over the 3rd Terra legion (Feratta) which I did for a while until handing it over to my 2nd in command Cyphre after some internal conflict from where my focus went more to trying to keep a global picture of what was going on and development of new systems.

Most of you will know me as the Mercury/radar neko who hangs out in the depths of the outpost and makes weird (and occasionally seemingly inappropriate) remarks over any medium we have access to.. (including the random ranks showing up on the radar *whistles innocently*) but rest assured, I almost always have the best intentions in mind and there usually is a point behind what I'm saying, even though not everyone gets it always, which probably means it wasn't for you :-)

I also try and not be some distant scary person you can't talk to and to make it my point to be on the front lines during combat under my command, keeping my ears open for trouble and discontent amongst all of you and trying to deal with it discreetly and anonymously with Aryte or whatever other party involved. I'm usually mellow when I'm in command but if someone pushes the boundries too far they can expect to be lynched. :plot:

Well there you have it, the history of Inoue, the ordo and a bit of background on my person and how i got to be where I am ;)

It was a lot of digging through memories while typing this and the occasional chuckle when pulling up old memories..

So i'd like to thank everyone (including Aryte ♥) who's been or still is in the VC, NOI and Ordo for giving me all this stuff to type about while I'm bored at work :31337:

[edit]

I'm also one of the estate admins for Titan, so just nag me if you need something even when I'm not on Titan. ;)

and some typo fixing D:

[/edit]

Edited by Inoue Katsu