Clicky

Desereck Creeggan

The Imperator's Star.

This is a thread. Not any kind of thread. A thread where you give your "I just got the Imperator's Star" speech, when your emotions have hit the 9001 mark.

Your five page essay congratulating everyone and everything goes hurr.

GO! :awesome:

*Imagine you just got the Imperator's Star, and were standing in front of the whole 266 members of Ordo, what would you say?*

My Brothers and Sisters, today, I have been granted the greatest honor imaginable, in the service of the Imperator. IT has been, for sometime, been a thing that I have pondered and wondered on, ever since coming to the Ordo Imperialis as a legionary in Levitas. However, I realize that with this Star, it is a recognition of service already given. The true reward, the real merit, is that the honor has been,not from this medal, but from the service I have given to the Imperator and to the Ordo Imperialis. In that sense, every one of us has been honored, to serve with such a fine body of individuals. People who have come together, worked together, and achieved together, to create this monument, the Ordo Imperailis. For this, we thank the Imperator, he is our guide, our mentor, and our friend. So, for this honor bestowed on me today, I can only ask that I continue to have the immense honor of serving alongside each and everyone of you. Ave Imperator! Gloria Ordo Imperialis!

<4 hours into the speech>

.... - And so, allow me to tell you about my time in the Ordo, so that you, too, may learn from my exemplary service and heroic dedication:

The first time I saved the Imperator's life was during the Conquest of Thelva'ar, where a dastardly sniper was able to position himself in a nearby tower. I saw the glint of his scope, and dove to protect him, just as the bullet struck me in the chest. I then returned fire on his position killing him instantly. This was the first time I recieved the Imperator's Star, mind you.

The Second time was three years later when a deranged diplomat decided to rush the Imperial Dias. The only thing that reached the Imperator was the fool's head as it rolled to a stop at his feet, as I had swiftly decapitated the insane Ambassador. I was awarded my second Imperator's Star on the spot. I even have the head of the Ambassador in my office, preserved in a specimen jar. Seriously, stop by, and see it sometime. It's awesome, his mouth is just kinda like hanging open, and a look of confused, psychotic rage on his face.

The Third time was another month after, during our Glorious Invasion of The Dread Moon of Periwin XVII.

We'd just set up a base-camp and the Imperator had decided to take his morning walk. I was in a field, just ahead of the Imperator, taking care of my Morning routine, when my furious stream of urine set off a chain of landmines surrounding the camp that we'd evaded only by a miracle. Had the Imperator made it out of the perimeter before I'd relieved myself, He'd likely not be here today, and so I was awarded my fifth Imperator's Star (the Previous two were for writing an epic poem about our Glorious Imperator, and the design of a better mousetrap).

The Fourth time I saved the Eternal Life of the Imperator was when he was eating pretzels in the den of the Imperial palace of...............

<20 hours later>

So, in conclusion of this, the acceptance of my 347th Imperator's Star, I would like to finish with some final thoughts. Persistence is the key to victory, and absolutely you have to brush between your toes during every shower. Why, if I hadn't, I wouldn't have had the revelation that saved the Imperator's life and the entire Imperial Navy.....

<170 hours later>

... and so you have my eternal thanks, all of you who are still alive, and I wish for your health and success, may it almost reach mine.

Yo Jason, I'm really happy for you, i'mma let you finish, but Agares made one of the best Kanye West references of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Yo Waffle, i'm real happy for you, and i'mma let you finish, but this is the best waffle headed creature of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Oolong_last_head_performance.jpg

And Ribby:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z8gCZ7zpsQ

And it has become a meme. Like so.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxKIcrDsJAs