Clicky

Anlysia Gregoire

Munitorum Meeting - 02JAN10

INTRODUCTION AND WARNING PREFACE

[16:23] Anlysia Gregoire: Okay this is going to be a fun meeting, because I get to make people hate me.

[16:23] MikeMurdock McMillan: \O/

[16:23] Vincent Lucerne: \o/

[16:23] Anlysia Gregoire: As y'all know, I got tasked with cleaning out the Armory of all the old stuff.

[16:23] Anlysia Gregoire: And seeing what we need replaced and where.

[16:23] Vincent Lucerne: yea :o

PROJECTS SLATED TO BE PUT ON HOLD

[16:23] Anlysia Gregoire: So before I get to that part, I'm going to give you this list:

[16:24] Anlysia Gregoire: This is projects we're not working on, anymore, at present. Until further notice they're suspended.

[16:24] Vincent Lucerne: .___.

[16:24] Anlysia Gregoire: Scorpion Light Support Gun

[16:24] Anlysia Gregoire: Onager II Field Gun

[16:24] Anlysia Gregoire: Devastator KC-60E Autocannon

[16:24] Anlysia Gregoire: Galil ARM

[16:24] Anlysia Gregoire: Galil Galatz

[16:24] Anlysia Gregoire: Any additional tanks.

[16:24] Anlysia Gregoire: Any walker mechs.

[16:24] Vincent Lucerne: >:O

[16:24] MikeMurdock McMillan: What's the autocannon? o:

[16:24] Vincent Lucerne: i just made those >:O!

[16:25] Williamca Zenovka: New gear limit vincent on each alpha squad.

[16:25] Vincent Lucerne: Yea i know >_> maybe we shouldnt be giving EVERYTHING to ante?

[16:25] MikeMurdock McMillan: O_O

[16:25] Vincent Lucerne: considering they get nearly everything new we make it seems X-x;

[16:25] Williamca Zenovka: Ante is "heavy" as some say which alot of weapons falls under heavy.

[16:25] Anlysia Gregoire: Now, of that big pile of "stuff", chances are the first thing that might get picked up is the mechs, if Antesignani decides they want them for their squad. But since Antesignani refuses to decide WHAT they want for their squad, until they do, I'm suspending the twelve projects that totally maybe might sort of possible be theirs.

[16:26] Anlysia Gregoire: So until Tandem makes up his mind, I'm not having twelve floating projects.

[16:26] Vincent Lucerne: and here i thought it'd be a "everything Agares wanted" list

[16:27] MikeMurdock McMillan: ok

[16:27] MikeMurdock McMillan: soooo

[16:27] Vincent Lucerne: what about tank we already have finished that Tsume is waiting on Aryte for?

[16:27] MikeMurdock McMillan: i know we can trash the onager since it's never used

[16:27] Vincent Lucerne: i mean...the apc...vanquisher....caelum2

[16:27] Williamca Zenovka: Antesig already has one tank, being the infensus.

[16:27] Keller Teichmann: Vincent, almost all of those projects were Agares'. c_c

[16:27] Anlysia Gregoire: He can decide what he wants to do with those on a per-thing basis.

[16:27] Keller Teichmann: The Galils were Gulliver's.

[16:27] Vincent Lucerne: None of those are Agares >:|

[16:27] Vincent Lucerne: oh

[16:27] Vincent Lucerne: yes they were

[16:28] Vincent Lucerne: HSUSH

[16:28] Vincent Lucerne: tanks were mines

[16:28] MikeMurdock McMillan: the gallis i think we can get rid of too but that's my IMO

[16:28] MikeMurdock McMillan: i mena in my honest opinion

[16:28] MikeMurdock McMillan: gah i hang out too much with my freind RFZ ._.

[16:28] Keller Teichmann: Antesig doesn't really need anything on an infantyr front with the Negev in their arsenal, but.

[16:28] Vincent Lucerne: field artillery is kinda useless in Titan now anyway ._.

[16:28] Keller Teichmann: What they need is up to Zerowinged, Gulliver, Firefox/Lestat/Aryte.

[16:29] Vincent Lucerne: What we need is a squad who knows what they need

[16:29] Vincent Lucerne: >:|..

[16:29] MikeMurdock McMillan: D: !

[16:29] MikeMurdock McMillan: ANYWAY

[16:29] Keller Teichmann: Which would be Invictus. :|

[16:29] Williamca Zenovka: IMO Titan needs to be made a bit more tank friendly, Our tanks can move around in our territory easily but their the enemies tanks can't get out of chronus.

[16:30] Anlysia Gregoire: The build is still in-progress. TBH tanks suck on both sides. The sim is a giant, flat plain.

[16:30] MikeMurdock McMillan: scorpian i use alot so i think we could keep it

[16:30] Anlysia Gregoire: We just generally have more bodies.

RAYCAST DIVERSION

[16:30] Ethan Schuman: Another thing to consider with regards to tanks is the possible assistance from the Mercz when it comes to raycast pathfinding.

[16:30] MikeMurdock McMillan: now

[16:30] Vincent Lucerne: Could you explain thd whole raycasting thing?

[16:30] Ethan Schuman: That's something for the future though.

[16:30] Williamca Zenovka: Ethan you need to fill us in on raycast.

[16:30] MikeMurdock McMillan: the autocannn i need to know

[16:30] MikeMurdock McMillan: D:

[16:30] Anlysia Gregoire: Raycast tells you what's in front of your camera.

[16:30] Keller Teichmann: Guys, in summary.

[16:31] Anlysia Gregoire: That's the simplest explanation.

[16:31] Ethan Schuman: Okay! Raycasting. Does anyone here NOT know what radar is?

[16:31] Vincent Lucerne: shush let the man of schu speak

[16:31] Keller Teichmann: Every single FPS game barring STALKER/SWAT/hyper-realistic shooters, uses raycasting for hit detection. :F

[16:31] Vincent Lucerne: oh :o

[16:31] Keller Teichmann: (CoD is not hyper-realistic despite all the fucking packaging saying so. D<)

[16:31] Williamca Zenovka: Aka, instahitbullets with no physics.

[16:31] Scientific Waffle: Sorta.

[16:31] Vincent Lucerne: o-o

[16:31] Vincent Lucerne: srsly?

[16:31] Ethan Schuman: Raycasting is basically a laser radar. It emits out, tells you what's in front of it, and how far away it is.

[16:31] Williamca Zenovka: Like a megaprim, only doesn't go through everything.

[16:32] Ethan Schuman: It's nothing like a megaprim.

[16:32] Scientific Waffle: It's still just a technical pipe-dream at this point, I don't think we need to discuss it yet, it's not completely feasible at the moment.

[16:32] Williamca Zenovka: Like a longer range sensor that doesn't go through everything? o3o

[16:32] Vincent Lucerne: i was just curious as to what it was....

[16:32] Keller Teichmann: Yes, exactly.

[16:32] Ethan Schuman: It's a one dimensional sensor with a much longer range that's stopped by prims.

[16:33] Scientific Waffle: It shifts the work of hit detection from the server to the client...

[16:33] MikeMurdock McMillan: ;-;

[16:33] MikeMurdock McMillan feels dumb from this raycasting convo

[16:33] Ethan Schuman: And Raycasting is implemented and working in VL 1.5.7. The Mercz are using it for their spider mech.

[16:33] Keller Teichmann: And they have a raycasting sniper rifle. Proteus showed us one on New Years' Eve.

[16:33] Vincent Lucerne: o wow o-o

[16:33] Vincent Lucerne: feasible sniping? now i have heard everything >_>

[16:33] Keller Teichmann: So essentially they have an absolutely massive technological breakthrough. c_c

[16:34] Anlysia Gregoire: Here's a different way to look at raycasting. How many of you play TF2, or Counter-Strike?

[16:34] Vincent Lucerne: no kidding .____.

[16:34] Williamca Zenovka: I honestly wish to play with their sniper rifle, and I am curious if it works across sims as well.

[16:34] Keller Teichmann: Anly, I said that already c-c

[16:34] MikeMurdock McMillan: i play TF2 heavily o/

[16:34] Anlysia Gregoire: No no.

[16:34] Ethan Schuman: It's beyond massive. We're talking about the revolution of combat as we know it.

[16:34] Anlysia Gregoire: Just wait.

[16:34] Anlysia Gregoire: Now.

[16:34] Ethan Schuman: But, it's off in the future.

[16:34] Vincent Lucerne: yaya :o

[16:34] Anlysia Gregoire: Imagine if everyone was walking around in Counter-Strike or TF2 with either an AWP or a fully-charged sniper rifle running at full tilt.

[16:34] Anlysia Gregoire: That's what raycasting combat would be.

[16:34] Anlysia Gregoire: Getting insta killed all the time and you can't see it coming or do anything.

[16:35] Anlysia Gregoire: Sounds fun, I know.

[16:35] MikeMurdock McMillan: ohhh

[16:35] MikeMurdock McMillan: one shot kills?

[16:35] Keller Teichmann: There'd likely be something implemented to prevent 100% damage rounds. And I imagine most people would rather not use it for anything but limited use weapons - like sniper rifles / 'railguns'.

[16:35] Ethan Schuman: Raycasting will have its limitations and regulations, of course, when it becomes more widely available.

[16:35] Anlysia Gregoire: There's nothing implemented to do anything.

[16:35] Ethan Schuman: Also, something I think you all should see...

[16:36] Anlysia Gregoire: It's an open script library in an open-use client.

[16:36] Anlysia Gregoire: Anyone can make anything with it.

[16:36] Vincent Lucerne: Ok ok guys :o

[16:36] Ethan Schuman gave you Parallax Patch v2.

ARMORY REMOVAL LISTING

[16:36] Vincent Lucerne: lets get back on track :o

[16:36] Vincent Lucerne: Anly....was there anything else phased out of the Armory?

[16:36] Anlysia Gregoire: Oh yes.

[16:37] Anlysia Gregoire: And Sera's not online yet. Well, on we go regardless.

[16:37] Vincent Lucerne: yea.

[16:37] Keller Teichmann: ...

[16:37] Keller Teichmann: Ethan

[16:37] Keller Teichmann: I fcking love you for this notecard.

[16:37] Anlysia Gregoire: Alright, back on topic.

[16:38] Anlysia Gregoire: Keep in mind these are all in-consideration at present and not final yet.

[16:38] Anlysia Gregoire: So far, I have in my notes to retire...

[16:38] MikeMurdock McMillan: ok

[16:38] Anlysia Gregoire: Poena, Occisor, Trucido, Ultionis, Cruor, Censura, SRAW, Adjudicator, Porro Armo, all current melee weapons but the Fulminata hammer, Onager, Leman Russ, Astra MP5K.

(oshi--)

[16:39] Anlysia Gregoire: As well as the fact the Praeda is on the block since it's been replaced.

[16:39] Vincent Lucerne: oh wow .___.

[16:39] Vincent Lucerne: wait wha

[16:39] Vincent Lucerne: ...

[16:39] Vincent Lucerne: why si the russ on the block before its even in service?

[16:40] Anlysia Gregoire: The M4 Benelli needs new scripts, the Mk.11 MOD.0 will get a raycast round as our only entry in that department currently, the Pilum will be getting updated scripts, the Battlebuss needs modifications, and I'd like to see alterations to the Subjugator and Shock Rifle.

[16:40] Anlysia Gregoire: (Oh yes, this is what happens when I get handed a project.)

[16:40] Vincent Lucerne: -.-

[16:41] Ethan Schuman: May I make an alternative management suggestion?

[16:41] Anlysia Gregoire: What's up, Ethan?

[16:41] Ethan Schuman: Instead of approaching this as a "What do we need to get rid of" angle, let's go with a "What do we keep?" method.

[16:42] Anlysia Gregoire: I did that already. :> That's why I'm getting rid of all that stuff. None of it fits under the "What do we keep?" angle.

[16:42] Ethan Schuman: In short, let's sit down and draw up a list of things each branch needs, and what we need in general.

[16:42] Anlysia Gregoire: Done.

[16:42] Vincent Lucerne: Im still kinda wondering why my tank is being cut before it even enters circulation?

[16:42] Anlysia Gregoire: Because it's a lovely Leman Russ, and we're not Imperial Guard.

[16:42] Vincent Lucerne: ....so?

[16:43] Keller Teichmann: Vincent, speaking from experience. Not everything you build is going to be approved, or used.

[16:43] Vincent Lucerne: Um

[16:43] MikeMurdock McMillan: I think the point anlys is trying to say vincent

[16:43] Vincent Lucerne: except it WAS approved..

[16:43] Vincent Lucerne: and WAs used

[16:43] Vincent Lucerne: both by the Imperator :|

[16:43] MikeMurdock McMillan: is we want to TBBH stray AWAY from the 40kish stuff c.c;

[16:43] Anlysia Gregoire: Well, Tsume threw his commercial tank scripts into it, and gave it to Aryte, who was very excited about it.

[16:44] Ethan Schuman: Aryte gets excited about everything new. =p

[16:44] Anlysia Gregoire: This all falls under the greater banner of how Aryte and I have had a discussion about how people aren't going to give things to him anymore and have me get bypassed.

[16:44] Anlysia Gregoire: You'll have to deal with curmudgeonly Anly, before him.

[16:44] Vincent Lucerne: Ok then.....what are we going to do with it then?

[16:45] MikeMurdock McMillan: You could give it to TI?

[16:45] Anlysia Gregoire: TBH, I don't know if everything on this list is going to get axed. This is my list and present,a nd subject to Aryte's final.

[16:45] Anlysia Gregoire: That was my suggestion, though. Give it to TI.

[16:45] Vincent Lucerne: I didnt make it for TI or the general public though...

[16:46] Anlysia Gregoire: Well, that decision can be made, later. If you don't want it sold, it won't be.

[16:46] Williamca Zenovka: Honestly anly, it would be better to get rid of the smaller tank rather then the leman russ to TI

[16:46] MikeMurdock McMillan: TBBH. i thik we need to try to stray away from 40kish stuff. mostly cause even though i love 40k we are still going to get flak of people going " OH BUT THIS IS A 40K FAN ARMIES and bs like that

[16:47] Ethan Schuman: Vincent, look at it like this...

[16:47] MikeMurdock McMillan: TI we can sell 40k stuff ,but ordo?

[16:47] MikeMurdock McMillan: sorry just giving my opinion n.n;

[16:48] Ethan Schuman: As content creators, some of the stuff we work really hard on winds up obsolete or unused before it even sees the front lines.

[16:48] Ethan Schuman: Take the Predator for instance.

[16:48] Lestat Umarov: Tank or plane?

[16:48] Anlysia Gregoire: You learned a lot from the Predator that you can take into future projects.

[16:48] MikeMurdock McMillan: trust me vincent

[16:48] Ethan Schuman: I've been working my ass off on that thing, poured so much into it, and now Syl has a sit based plane that blows it away.

[16:49] Ethan Schuman: So, the Predator likely won't be used at all. All that work was, productivity wise, for nothing.

[16:49] MikeMurdock McMillan: you don't want to know HOW I MEAN how MAN Y of the things I build for ordo that got turned down

[16:49] Ethan Schuman: However, I learned a lot from it. Creating content makes us better.

[16:49] Keller Teichmann: Ditto.

[16:49] MikeMurdock McMillan: take for instance i made 3 mechs for ordo

[16:49] MikeMurdock McMillan: all got turned down

[16:49] Vincent Lucerne: The thing is....I dont expect projects of mine to be turned down based on aesthetics rather than fuctionality.

[16:50] Lestat Umarov: Individual needs of squads change sometimes.

[16:50] Lestat Umarov: So a project that may work one week might not work so well the next

[16:50] Ethan Schuman: I didn't expect Syl to come along and make a new aircraft for us. Things happen, for one reason or another.

[16:50] MikeMurdock McMillan: lestat is right

[16:50] Scientific Waffle: Aesthetics are just as much subject to approval as anything else.

[16:50] MikeMurdock McMillan: shit happens :D

[16:50] Vincent Lucerne: ...

[16:51] Williamca Zenovka: While tanks are okay now, in the future SL may remove volume detect until its fixed. So while we rely on them we shouldn't rely heavily thus mechs can be useful.

[16:51] Lestat Umarov: Also functionality

[16:51] MikeMurdock McMillan: Hench why i haven't been building much n.n

[16:52] Anlysia Gregoire: Like I said, everything on that list is up to Imperator final approval. He may override me. I'm simply letting everyone know where I stand at present.

[16:52] Lestat Umarov: Well, take antesignani for instance. Originally it was just mechs with a tank and artillery in development. Then it got cracked down on and the mech and tank got shelved in favor or power armor. And now here we are again with new mechs and tanks.

[16:53] Anlysia Gregoire: Alright pushing along after I've made everyone hate me, to GOOD NEWS

[16:53] Williamca Zenovka: Well antesig still hasn't recieved a mech or such its rather choosy and up to Zero what we get. So far a tank and a LMG

[16:53] Williamca Zenovka: Lol sorry :U

[16:54] MikeMurdock McMillan: well zero has a policy for astesignani atm we are a elite rifle squad first before anything else

[16:54] Lestat Umarov: Zero has the ability to make a decision for the squad but if it's not in the squads best interest it can be subject to review.

[16:54] Vincent Lucerne: I dont think Ante should be deciding the sole fate of every piece of "heavy" weaponry we produce.

[16:54] MikeMurdock McMillan: so the decision been hard on him

[16:54] Anlysia Gregoire: Antesignani has nothing to do with the tank. It's not assigned to them.

[16:54] Anlysia Gregoire: This is my personal decision.

[16:54] Anlysia Gregoire: I believe the tank is out of place.

[16:54] Lestat Umarov: Tanks in general are out of place.

[16:55] Vincent Lucerne: You're out of place >:O!

[16:55] Vincent Lucerne: <3.

[16:55] Vincent Lucerne: now go eat some of that bean soup i made for dinner.

[16:55] MikeMurdock McMillan: i think what anlys is trying to say vincent is we need to focus on things that we know will be tire ,but true use

[16:55] Vincent Lucerne: its delicious

[16:55] MikeMurdock McMillan: like take a look at the adjudicator

[16:55] Vincent Lucerne: ....okay..

[16:55] MikeMurdock McMillan: sure it got soem script changes ,but it's a tire and true weapon

[16:56] Cyphre Iredell is Online

[16:56] Anlysia Gregoire: And I said to bin it.

[16:56] Anlysia Gregoire: If you noticed.

[16:56] Keller Teichmann: tried and true, you mean. c_c

[16:56] MikeMurdock McMillan: i know :P

[16:56] Vincent Lucerne: >_>

[16:56] Vincent Lucerne: Alright w/e...lets continue on.

NEW POTENTIAL WEAPON CLASSIFICATIONS + UNLOCKS

[16:56] Anlysia Gregoire: Anyway good news.

[16:56] Anlysia Gregoire: Well good and cryface news.

[16:56] Vincent Lucerne saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico

[16:56] Williamca Zenovka: Why is the SRAW on there? It's for anti tank.

[16:57] Anlysia Gregoire: To go along with this cleanup, I'm looking at introducing two new unlock weapons.

[16:57] Vincent Lucerne: Um...its ugly and doesnt really work very well xD;

[16:57] Anlysia Gregoire: A "High-Cap" designation, and the Flamethrower.

[16:57] MikeMurdock McMillan: two new unlock weapons? o:

[16:57] MikeMurdock McMillan: high cap?

[16:57] Vincent Lucerne: ._.

[16:57] Anlysia Gregoire: The High-Cap would fall to the present Invictus X-AR9. Which is going to be phased out for that thing in Keller's hands.

[16:57] Vincent Lucerne: wasnt the flamer for Fuminata....or the squad formerly known as?

[16:57] Keller Teichmann: High capacity, LMGs.

[16:57] Anlysia Gregoire: Basicaly.

[16:58] Anlysia Gregoire: If you watch people on the ground you're going to notice one thing in common, lately.

[16:58] MikeMurdock McMillan: it was ,ut if you look on the fourms fulmenatra is going on a full squad change

[16:58] Anlysia Gregoire: A lot of them are using weapons with giant mags, and just aimlessly spray at the enemy.

[16:58] Keller Teichmann: Everyone's using fancy ass C-Mag ARs and LMGs with absurd amounts of ammunition.

[16:58] Anlysia Gregoire: Yes.

[16:58] Vincent Lucerne still uses the trust Hellgun >:|!

[16:58] Vincent Lucerne: trusty*

[16:58] Anlysia Gregoire: By opening an unlock related to those, I'd like to curtail some of that and get people back to using normal rifles.

[16:59] Anlysia Gregoire: Like the SCAR nobody uses because you can't fire it for 30 seconds continuously.

[16:59] Keller Teichmann: Just treat High-Caps as Heavy weapons, which in SL combat is what they basically are. c__c

[16:59] Williamca Zenovka: Well you can if you...abuse a glitch I found in it anly :D

[16:59] MikeMurdock McMillan: ahh

[17:00] Anlysia Gregoire: The Flamethrower was supposed to be going to Fulminata, but it isn't part of the Insidiae lineup...so it's in limbo.

[17:00] Vincent Lucerne: ._.

[17:00] Vincent Lucerne: oooookay then

[17:00] Anlysia Gregoire: Now, even without the conal fire mode, I believe we could use it in its' present state, for instance to plug up the tunnels running under Titan when people attack.

[17:00] Anlysia Gregoire: With the fuel mode.

ITEM REPLACEMENTS?

[17:01] Anlysia Gregoire: Lose 12 weapons gain 2. Totally fair, right?

[17:01] Vincent Lucerne: Okay so...

[17:01] Vincent Lucerne: the pressure is on to make replacements?

[17:01] Anlysia Gregoire: Most of everything I've listed doesn't need a replacement.

[17:01] Vincent Lucerne: We cant just have one of everything >:|..

[17:01] Williamca Zenovka: Anly, Why get rid of the hammer when we can add it to the melee pack? and the shotgun can go into the shotgun pack it would prove good because well we need new melee even though I heard it was rescripted. :U

[17:01] Anlysia Gregoire: Why not?

[17:02] Vincent Lucerne: Cause thats crap?

[17:02] Keller Teichmann: The most attractive part of our armory in comparison to other armies is that we've always had diversity.

[17:02] Ethan Schuman: We're not getting rid of the hammer.

[17:02] Vincent Lucerne: Exactly.

[17:02] Anlysia Gregoire: The Fulminata Hammer and Benelli Elite are kind of in limbo, they have no place at present.

[17:02] Vincent Lucerne: Choice.

[17:02] Keller Teichmann: Sure, the Occisor and SCAR fill the same slot (AR), but they both perform differently.

[17:02] Anlysia Gregoire: But they're not going anywhere.

[17:02] Anlysia Gregoire: Okay let me copy a line from my spreadsheet on this topic, so you know where it stems from:

[17:02] Keller Teichmann: Ditto the Trucido and Benelli(s).

[17:02] Vincent Lucerne: ditto most eveything

[17:02] Anlysia Gregoire: "Poena"

[17:02] Anlysia Gregoire: "Aryte recommended all Sera's sci-fi weapons for decommission."

[17:03] Anlysia Gregoire: "Trucido"

[17:03] MikeMurdock McMillan: brb a sec

[17:03] Anlysia Gregoire: "Aryte recommended all Sera's sci-fi weapons for decommission."

[17:03] Anlysia Gregoire: Ask Waffle.

[17:03] Scientific Waffle: Cutting the sci-fi weapons came straight from the Imperator himself.

[17:03] Anlysia Gregoire: He's seen it.

[17:03] Vincent Lucerne: i agree they need an upgrade....but not a complete kill

[17:03] Keller Teichmann: But that doesn't mean we should completely rule out replacing them with newer, fancier builds.

[17:03] Anlysia Gregoire: Well, the white wolf disagrees.

[17:03] Vincent Lucerne: those particular guns are kinda old now

[17:03] Vincent Lucerne: i mean

[17:03] Vincent Lucerne: we need new guns to fill those leftovers

[17:04] Anlysia Gregoire: There are no leftovers.

[17:04] Vincent Lucerne: [empty slots i means]

[17:04] Anlysia Gregoire: I've gone through every weapon type we have, every role we currently have for weapons, and filled it.

[17:04] Scientific Waffle: We can upgrade or create replacements, but until then they are cut as per the Imperator's recommendation.

[17:04] Anlysia Gregoire: Except for the Astra SMG.

[17:05] Vincent Lucerne: If we're going to completely cut the diversity element from the armory....that severely damages its appeal

[17:05] Scientific Waffle: We can replace them, Vincent...

[17:05] Scientific Waffle: We can have diversity...

[17:05] Scientific Waffle: But we're not going to have that by keeping around severely dated weapons.

[17:05] Anlysia Gregoire: Instead of having six of everything we have one good one.

[17:05] Scientific Waffle: This was a recommendation to cut the current crop of weapons, we can always diversify through new development.

[17:05] Vincent Lucerne: I understand.....but it was sounding like Anly doesnt even want to make replacements

[17:06] Keller Teichmann: What Vincent said.

[17:06] Anlysia Gregoire: Right now, we cut everything.

[17:06] Anlysia Gregoire: Maybe eventually it builds back up, naturally.

[17:06] Scientific Waffle: We're only dealing with the current armory right now.

[17:06] Scientific Waffle: Not future plans.

[17:06] Anlysia Gregoire: We didn't "used to" have four types of everything.

[17:06] Anlysia Gregoire: It just grew over time.

[17:06] Anlysia Gregoire: Now we pare it back, and it can grow from there naturally.

[17:07] Anlysia Gregoire: I do believe I said before this meeting you guys were going to hate me for it.

[17:07] Anlysia Gregoire: I get to be the Axeman today.

[17:07] Anlysia Gregoire: It's not a popular job.

[17:08] MikeMurdock McMillan: i say we go for it.

[17:08] Anlysia Gregoire: By cutting ourselves down to bare minimum, we can look at everything we have, in total, and decide what the best of all of it is.

[17:08] MikeMurdock McMillan: the weapons will return

[17:08] MikeMurdock McMillan: just look at what happen with mechs vincent

[17:09] MikeMurdock McMillan: we had many then got rid of them all and now there back

[17:09] MikeMurdock McMillan: so sci fi weaponry will return someday if the imperator wants it

[17:09] MikeMurdock McMillan: am i right ? :D

NEW CONCEPT: UTILITY BACKPACKS

[17:10] Anlysia Gregoire: So, now that I've gone through 20 things that are LEAVING...I'm going to talk about something new, that I'm quite looking forward to.

[17:10] MikeMurdock McMillan: oh?

[17:10] Anlysia Gregoire: I stole this from Ethan, it's kind of part of a larger system but this is the chunk that's most easily conveyable by itself.

[17:10] Ethan Schuman: THIEF!

[17:10] Anlysia Gregoire: I don't want to worry about the rest until we get beyond our current queue.

[17:11] Anlysia Gregoire: Now, around here, you might have a rocket launcher or a shotgun or a rifle or an SMG.

[17:11] Anlysia Gregoire: But there's only one thing that's binary. You have or you don't...jetpacks.

[17:11] MikeMurdock McMillan: ahh

[17:11] Anlysia Gregoire: I want to increase the role of the backpack "slot" as defined by the Spine attachment to include a variety of things one can unlock, with different roles.

[17:12] Anlysia Gregoire: Basically, here's a couple ideas I've come up with. Now, keep in mind these all replace the Jetpack when you consider the 'balance' of them.

[17:13] Anlysia Gregoire: "Boost Pack" - a 3m "Dodge Roll" that works in the air or on the ground, it has a fuel meter so you can dodge twice in rapid succession, or space them out to do so more consistently.

[17:14] Anlysia Gregoire: "Swarm Rockets" - A back-mounted rocket-pack that fires five rockets at a time with a small (~1m?) payload. It holds 10 rockets total, and reloads in ~10 seconds. Complete with twisty white smoke Macross trails.

[17:14] Anlysia Gregoire: "Ammo Pack" - A combination to use with the Pilum that decreases its' reload time. Any further effects I haven't quite worked out yet.

[17:15] Anlysia Gregoire: That's the three ideas I have on my plate, right now. Comments/questions, now. Starting with Waffle.

[17:15] Scientific Waffle: Alright first off love the ideas but...

[17:15] Scientific Waffle: Isn't 3m a little skimpish ont he dodge roll? Most commercial models go what, 5m?

[17:15] Anlysia Gregoire: To be honest, I haven't ever really used a Dodge-Roll, I'm just making up numbers for possibilities.

[17:15] Scientific Waffle: I'd have to see it in action to get a real sense, but.. yeah.

[17:15] Scientific Waffle: Ok.

[17:16] Williamca Zenovka: The mercz is 10

[17:16] Anlysia Gregoire: It's all theory at this point, and I'd love to get more possible suggestions from people.

[17:16] Anlysia Gregoire: With the possibility to "double-tap" the dodge, though, I wouldn't want it to be too large.

[17:16] Williamca Zenovka: We need a parachute anly. :U

[17:16] Vincent Lucerne: We do.

[17:16] Anlysia Gregoire: We had one. Parachutes are worthless. Go die.

[17:17] Vincent Lucerne: U DIE

[17:17] Vincent Lucerne: >:O!

[17:17] Ethan Schuman: Drop Pods could go on teh Spine.

[17:17] Anlysia Gregoire: If they flung you up in the air, sure.

[17:17] Anlysia Gregoire: Haha.

[17:17] Vincent Lucerne: Hmmm

[17:17] Vincent Lucerne: Mancannon?

[17:17] Ethan Schuman: As could certain other things. Maybe extended magazines, which increase the magazine size of your weapon.

[17:18] Keller Teichmann: in b4 Perks. c_c

[17:18] Vincent Lucerne: *cough*

[17:18] Anlysia Gregoire: The reason I used the Pilum is that, it fits with the rocket-launcher concept, as well as the fact Niiya is going back to the Pilum to work on it for us, so the opportunity is there.

[17:18] Vincent Lucerne: what i dont like about the pilum....is that in lag, it doesnt work

[17:18] Vincent Lucerne: sraw does

[17:19] Anlysia Gregoire: But it would have to be scripted right into the weapon, which is a touch of a pain. I'd rather make it exclusive to the Pilum. It'd be something you get WITH the Pilum, not a seperate unlock.

[17:19] Vincent Lucerne: but meh :o

[17:19] Anlysia Gregoire: The Pilum rocket needs to be made two-prim I think, it needs a cube 'round the sculpt-prim to give it better collisions.

[17:19] Anlysia Gregoire: But that's just IMO.

[17:20] Anlysia Gregoire: Another thing to bother Niiya about.

[17:20] Keller Teichmann: I personally

[17:20] Keller Teichmann: think it'd be absolutely terrifying

[17:20] Vincent Lucerne: and not to have the thunk....pacheeew thing

[17:20] Vincent Lucerne: just pacheew.

[17:20] Keller Teichmann: to have a shitload of Principales running around after a Heavy-Weapons clearance spamming the fuck out of the Pilum.

[17:20] Keller Teichmann: Pardon the French, but I can't see it end well.

[17:20] Anlysia Gregoire: Well, Keller, it'd be like, 5 seconds instead of 10. And no jetpacks, that's always the balance.

[17:20] Anlysia Gregoire: Not like, you have a magazine of rockets.

[17:21] Ethan Schuman: Alternatively, we could always make the pilum a spine attachment in and of itself.

[17:21] Anlysia Gregoire: That would animate terribly.

[17:21] Ethan Schuman: No, you misunderstand what I meant.

[17:22] Ethan Schuman: Make the Pilum take up the spine attachment, but still triggger off the primary weapon slot.

[17:22] Vincent Lucerne: so....chose between pilum or jetpack .___.?

[17:22] Anlysia Gregoire: I don't really think nerfing the Pilum is on that hot-button list of things we need to do. Haha.

[17:22] Ethan Schuman: Exactly.

[17:22] Vincent Lucerne: um

[17:22] Vincent Lucerne: yeaaaa

[17:22] Vincent Lucerne: i dont liek that idea at all D:

[17:23] Anlysia Gregoire: Anyone have any other ideas along this vein? Like, other accessory pack ideas?

[17:23] Vincent Lucerne: Hmm

[17:23] Vincent Lucerne: Orbital strike transmitter :D?

[17:23] Anlysia Gregoire: I'd rather have a list of ideas I can take to Aryte and say "What do you like, of these?" than say "This is all I got. I hope they're all good."

[17:24] Ethan Schuman: Anly, you ever play Battletech?

[17:24] Scientific Waffle: We can probably brainstorm over the next week... this is an interesting concept.

[17:24] FireFox Breed: BATTLETECH

[17:24] FireFox Breed: ¯\(º o)/¯

[17:24] Anlysia Gregoire: Tabletop, FPS, or 3rd person?

[17:24] Anlysia Gregoire: Because in that case, yes.

[17:24] Ethan Schuman: Any. You know what Clan Elementals are like, right?

[17:25] Anlysia Gregoire: Yes, little bastard annoying robots I love to step on.

[17:25] Vincent Lucerne: wif pinchy clawz :D

[17:25] Ethan Schuman: You know how they have the backpack mounted missile launchers?

[17:25] Anlysia Gregoire: Yes.

[17:26] Anlysia Gregoire: I don't really think we need to move the Pilum to the spine, though. But I did already bring up a back-mounted rocket concept. Just a small-scale one.

[17:26] Ethan Schuman: Instead of making a backpack for the pilum, why not just make a back mounted missile launcher like the rocket launcher. Then you can choose whether you want to take the pilum as your primary weapon, or another, weaker rocket as your equipment?

[17:26] MikeMurdock McMillan: back

[17:27] Anlysia Gregoire: That was pretty much what I said.

[17:27] MikeMurdock McMillan: what i miss

[17:27] Anlysia Gregoire: Except small rockets instead of one big one.

[17:27] MikeMurdock McMillan: i got lost

[17:27] MikeMurdock McMillan: D:

[17:27] Anlysia Gregoire: Because I find that more visually entertaining. :>

[17:27] Vincent Lucerne: i'd like a minirocket launcher o-o

[17:27] Ethan Schuman: Why not include an option for a big one too? Gives an extra choice.

[17:27] Anlysia Gregoire: Could be an option in it.

[17:27] Vincent Lucerne: i mean...pilum is more precise..

[17:27] Anlysia Gregoire: I'll make a note.

[17:29] Vincent Lucerne: *orbital bombardment detected*

INSIDIAE PROJECT UPDATES

[17:29] Anlysia Gregoire: Okay we're running up on the normal-meeting now so I'll run this along to the last thing we should talk about. Insidiae stuff.

[17:29] Ethan Schuman: Oooh. Man portable artillery backpacks...

[17:29] Anlysia Gregoire: We can ge tback to backpacks next meeting.

[17:29] Vincent Lucerne: >:D

[17:29] Anlysia Gregoire: Because it's not something we'll start for awhile.

[17:29] Anlysia Gregoire: But get the ideas flowing now.

[17:29] Vincent Lucerne: Ion Cannon Strike Inbound....

[17:29] Anlysia Gregoire: Anyway...

[17:30] MikeMurdock McMillan: hmm

[17:30] MikeMurdock McMillan: what about a builder pack

[17:30] Vincent Lucerne: *vreeeeeemm....BOOOOOOOM*

[17:30] Anlysia Gregoire: Waffle, how goes the HUD graphicals?

[17:30] Vincent Lucerne: oh yea :D!

[17:30] Keller Teichmann: Guys.

[17:30] MikeMurdock McMillan: sorry

[17:30] Scientific Waffle: Comin' along

[17:30] Vincent Lucerne: <.<

[17:30] MikeMurdock McMillan: >_<

[17:30] Scientific Waffle: let me rez the concept in progress...

[17:30] Anlysia Gregoire: I know Tsume's working on the scripts. He got pretty far along pretty fast.

[17:30] FireFox Breed: hes shitting smiley faces

[17:30] Scientific Waffle: still in progress etc...

[17:31] Scientific Waffle: indicator circles, mine buttons...

[17:31] Scientific Waffle: list of nearby people would go above, etc.

[17:31] Scientific Waffle: Spaced out for room.

[17:31] Scientific Waffle: Two buttons to be added to the bottom...

[17:31] Scientific Waffle: Clear all and explode all.

[17:32] Anlysia Gregoire: Looks good.

[17:33] Anlysia Gregoire: Lessee...Keller you said you're pluggin' on the Crossbow, that's good. I'll have to talk to Sera about the scripts on that.

[17:33] Anlysia Gregoire: As for the last thing...the Wristblade. I have no damned idea. I have to bother Zrazor for what he wants.

[17:34] Anlysia Gregoire: And need to poke Scarlet about how the armour-mod is going.

[17:34] Lestat Umarov: It's going

[17:34] Lestat Umarov: He was working in blender all last night

[17:34] Anlysia Gregoire: Good to hear.

[17:35] Anlysia Gregoire: It's exciting to see that we can actually turn something around in less than a year if we need to. :P

[17:35] Anlysia Gregoire: Yay for deadlines. :V

COMMENTS / QUESTIONS / ANLEH-HATE

[17:36] Anlysia Gregoire: Welp...that's all I had to say. Anyone want to make any comments besides "FUCK YOU ANLY I HATE YOU"?

[17:36] Lestat Umarov: FUCK YOU ANLY I HATE YOU, kinda

[17:36] Lestat Umarov: :V

[17:37] Anlysia Gregoire Ejects Lestat from the sim.

[17:37] Williamca Zenovka: lol

[17:37] Lestat Umarov: I'll come back and bother you more :c

[17:37] Anlysia Gregoire: Anyone else?

[17:37] Lestat Umarov: Yes, actually

[17:39] Lestat Umarov: I'd like the Terra chain of command to have a say in any future munitorum ventures that affect the division. There's a Legates position for a reason and as such I feel there wasn't really much say in the gear distribution chart. Pretty much a "This is the way it's gonna be, if you don't like it I don't care. It undermines the authority of the entire Terra CoC.

[17:40] Vincent Lucerne: <_<

[17:40] Scientific Waffle: Which specific action, the cutting of equipment or the development of equipment?

[17:41] Lestat Umarov: Cutting.

[17:41] FireFox Breed: we get a say but its not the finial say lestat

[17:41] Ethan Schuman: Terra isn't the only branch, Lestat. We have to keep the needs of the entire group in mind, and when it comes to fielded weaponry, that's more of a tactical decision that's more effectively made by the low level officers who use them. That's just my stance.

[17:41] Scientific Waffle: Well first off nothing's final yet...

[17:41] Lestat Umarov: I'm saying it means our say means nothing if she can overrule anything we want.

[17:42] Scientific Waffle: Of course the Terra command will have its say... but at the same time Anly is head of development and the authority of that position is derived from the approval of the Imperator.

[17:43] Lestat Umarov: I'm talking about Terra Command. Who Anly happens to be the ADJ of. Aside from me that's her and Firefox.

[17:43] Scientific Waffle: I'm aware.

[17:43] Scientific Waffle: But Anly is also the head of Munitorum.

[17:43] Lestat Umarov: Munitorum does not outrank Terra.

[17:43] Scientific Waffle: I'm not saying it does...

[17:43] Ethan Schuman: Terra does not outrank Munitorm.

[17:44] Ethan Schuman: *Munitorum.

[17:44] Scientific Waffle: Which is why I'm saying that Anly doesn't cut things...

[17:44] Scientific Waffle: She does recommend things to be cut...

[17:44] Scientific Waffle: And the Imperator has the final word.

[17:44] Scientific Waffle: Not Anly.

[17:44] Ethan Schuman: It comes directly from the Imperator.

[17:44] Scientific Waffle: Not Terra.

[17:44] Scientific Waffle: Thus Munitorum has its say...

[17:44] Scientific Waffle: And Terra can have its say...

[17:44] Lestat Umarov: Well, with the way she pushes for things it's hard for Aryte to say no.

[17:45] Ruin Nefarious: I am more than capable of saying no

[17:45] Scientific Waffle: This is why we have Munitorum meetings... so you can voice specific concerns...

[17:45] Ruin Nefarious: .

[17:45] Ruin Nefarious: I gave Anly that power, I can take it away.

[17:45] Lestat Umarov: I am voicing a concern.

[17:45] Ruin Nefarious: I tasked Anlysia to this authority, and are overseeing it.

[17:46] Anlysia Gregoire: I did say everything was in limbo still, and it was all my opinion at this point, and nothing was final.

[17:46] Scientific Waffle: Is there anything you see cut that you disagree with?

[17:46] Anlysia Gregoire: And all subject to Aryte's approval.

[17:46] Lestat Umarov: There was a few weapons yes.

[17:47] Scientific Waffle: Well then... talk to Anly about them. The list is a proposal, everything is still subject to change.

[17:47] Scientific Waffle: Nothing has been decided, let alone sent in for recommendation yet.

[17:47] Lestat Umarov: I did. And it was pretty much shrugged off.

[17:48] Anlysia Gregoire: Just because you talk to me doesn't mean my mind will change.

[17:48] FireFox Breed: you only commented on one weapon and it was the adj

[17:48] Lestat Umarov: Yes, because I believe that it should have a balanced replacement.

[17:48] Anlysia Gregoire: It does. A Pilum and a Five-seveN.

[17:49] Lestat Umarov: You're dense.

[17:49] Lestat Umarov: One weapon.

[17:49] Lestat Umarov: Two functions.

[17:49] Scientific Waffle: Well Lestat, there is a caveat to that...

[17:49] Scientific Waffle: In its current form, this type of weapon is prone to bugs.

[17:49] Scientific Waffle: As a direct result...

[17:50] Scientific Waffle: Of the current way in which the two modes are offered.

[17:50] Ethan Schuman: The Adjudiactor does both tasks, but does neither one of them very well.

[17:50] Lestat Umarov: I've seen a lot of weapons that have a grenade or other secondary weapon that works with "c".

[17:50] Lestat Umarov: And they seem to work fine.

[17:50] MikeMurdock McMillan: i shall be down for the other meeting. sorry

[17:50] Scientific Waffle: There can be a replacement... as we said earlier the recommendation says nothing of the future, only of what we have in the present.

[17:51] Ruin Nefarious: The Adjudicator has been slated for replacement for a long time. NEver came to a head because of Syris claiming the spot of "redoing" it.

[17:51] Vincent Lucerne: This is getting a bit much for me....see you all at the meeting..

[17:51] Ruin Nefarious: And, as we're all aware. Syris didn't quite come through.

[17:51] Lestat Umarov: I don't mean to strike up a debate and cut out but I have to prepare as well.

[17:52] Anlysia Gregoire: Well, s'pose we're done, then.

[17:52] Anlysia Gregoire: See you kids in two weeks. ;>

[17:52] Anlysia Gregoire: Jan 16th.

mmm kinda sorry I missed this one ..

Just 2 things to add, Terra needs to be able to do its job properly with whatever arsenal is available, end of story.

2nd, the Five-seven *never* works properly for me, I don't know why or what's causing it or if I'm the only one, but the double keystrokes never register for me on it which makes it a poor 'main equipment' in my eyes.

So everything Antesignani is getting conceptual ideas for is getting scrapped because we're near our cap, while Insidiae's projects remain while they're near theirs?

Insidiae knows exactly what their three things are.

Antesignani has no idea what their third piece of gear is, and I'm not letting twelve different things all sit there in mid-development all "potentially" going to Antesignani.

As soon as Antesignani decides what they actually want, it'll get made.

So everything Antesignani is getting conceptual ideas for is getting scrapped because we're near our cap, while Insidiae's projects remain while they're near theirs?

Fun Fact: Most of the scrapped stuff was never cleared. Agares, <3 him much, was just like "TSUME! I made this awesome _______! SCRIPT IT NOW FOR ANTESIG! GO GO GO!"

c.c

Antesignani has no idea what their third piece of gear is, and I'm not letting twelve different things all sit there in mid-development all "potentially" going to Antesignani.

To be fair, the "three things" rule has been left up to Gulliver to tweak as he sees fit so even that's not concrete.

So then what happens to the other things that they have in project queue? They continue development? I know they have more than four things in store.

We've literally had all of those things in development for.. four, five months? We got /2/ things, then the cap came up and its suddenly OLOLSTOPEVERYTHING.

[16:24] Anlysia Gregoire: Scorpion Light Support Gun

[16:24] Anlysia Gregoire: Onager II Field Gun

[16:24] Anlysia Gregoire: Devastator KC-60E Autocannon

[16:24] Anlysia Gregoire: Galil ARM

[16:24] Anlysia Gregoire: Galil Galatz

[16:24] Anlysia Gregoire: Any additional tanks.

[16:24] Anlysia Gregoire: Any walker mechs.

Support gun- Agares project.

Onager - Agares project.

Devastator - Agares project.

Galils - Gulliver Project

Tanks- We were supposed to get more than /1/. Vincent/Tsume project.

Mechs- My request to several builders. Vincent project.

All of those items fall under /Antesignani Specification/. All of the Agares projects can be scrapped or moved wherever unless Zerowinged wants to do something with them. Galils were supposed to come in a 3 package of the Galatz, ARM, and Negev. Tanks were supposed to come in a package with different versions for different situations.

For the record, these are my policies being acted out by Anlysia. Gear limitation is not negotiable. Units should not have a gross saturation of developmental power. Only enough to give them an edge/niche in combat. Items are being recommended for halt due to the refocusing effort-- having 900 open projects that have been "in the works" for months is pointless, if they'll only sit and collect dust at the end of the tunnel. We need a collaborative, intelligent effort to determine what items we need, who can best do them, and what unit(s) can best deploy them.

In other words: Anlysia is not the one to gripe to about items that are "to be replaced, stopped, scrapped, etc." See your branch commander if you wish to see an item retained, after which they can petition it from me. IE: the Praeda.

The bickering and talking past one another on this is getting to be too much. I'll happily step to the plate for Antesignani.

Saying Antesignani needs to decide what they are reveals a gross misunderstanding of what they are. It implies that the squad is dithering and indecisive. It is not their fault they got tasked with THREE SPECIALTIES. Armor, artillery, mechs. But since those are effectively never used, they're infantry primarily. By limiting the gear as is proposed, there'd be no small arms left for Antesignani, and small arms are the tools of 90% of what an Elite squad does. Has anyone noticed that? By limiting the gear as proposed, there wouldn't be enough spots for the artillery, let alone the tanks and mechs, unless you wanted some medium-sized build that could variably fire rounds ranging from pop gun to howitzer. Even then, you'd get people bitching about overkill regardless of the payload based only on the size of the build. Navis taught us that.

Sure limit gear, but not to the Rumsfeldian point that people don't have the tools to do their jobs they're assigned.

So, here's my ruling:

1) Anything that's already been developed by a squad gets to stay unless or until it is obviated by new gear.

2) Any specialized gear that allows a squad to perform its mandate is allowable, regardless of whether that would put them over the numeric limit so long as it isn't redundant.

3) The number of small arms (i.e., infantry weapons) will not be summed with the number of specialized gear (i.e., drop pods, tanks, supersecret HUDs and mines) because different mandates require different and varying amounts of gear. Are 15 artillery pieces much? Yes. But so is asking for only one. Effectively, there will be two pools: Specialized and Infantry gear. The former needs to be streamlined with no redundancy but broad enough to allow the squad's specialized mission to be accomplished. As such, it should be based on a squad-by-squad basis. The latter pool will be limited to three items, e.g., Assault rifle, SMG, pistol, with a grandfather clause for existing items.

4) A squad cannot be "assigned" gear. I.e., "here is your new assault rifle," without their consent.

Are 15 artillery pieces much? Yes. But so is asking for only one.

Technically, In SL all you need is one that is Medium to High angle of fire. Due to the fighting range in SL, direct fire weapons such as field guns are un-needed, as we have rockets that preform the same task, but with less fuss (deploy, targeting, reload).

Further note on specialization.

Its once again become quite murky in some locations (though I could be reading too far into this here)

Example. It was typically seen that Antesig was the Heavy Support squad, Invictus was the shock troopers, and Fulminata was the CQB. You can see this reflected int their smaller specialized weapons. Antesig: LMG. Invictus: SMG, Fulminata: Shotgun.

Then you suddenly see a general LMG come up and negate the purpose of the "supressive yet light" Antesig LMG, then Invictus gets a supressive fire weapon and more of a heavy rifle, and Fulminata gets a Rifle/SMG hybrid. Suddenly no one really has any specialized equipment because the pool is flooded so every squad has something the other squad has, so whats the real point?

I dont know what the Fulminata replacement will be, but from the sounds of things it seems to be heading towards C4 and Demolition.

Hopefully the Armory cleanup will clear things up, but I'd honestly like to see small arms limited in the squads as well.

Antesig: Negev LMG & Galil(?)

Invictus: Spectre & Rifle thing

Insidiae: ???

Basically each squad has some over lap (some for of general purpose rifle, 30 rounds each or so, nothing fancy)and then their more specialized small arm.

Though in all honesty, since everyone has the Scar-L, the rifle isnt really needed. But I dont want to negate the builder's hard work (Galil and Keller-Fishy Carbine).

I dont want to see this turning into a bunch of whiny Elite squads who want something because the other squad has one. :/

Artillery admittedly can be at times a limited role weapon.

However, when it is needed, few other weapons in our arsenal can fulfill the requisite level of firepower or sheer reliability of our artillery weapons. The current sim design does limit our ability to deploy high angle of fire weapons like the Ballistae and even the Infernus mortar, however Line of Sight (LOS) capable artillery still can serve a similar ability to hold choke points and disperse large concentrations of enemies that normal infantry could not do without either incredible risk, or massed firepower.

Notice, furthermore, that the nature of our Artillery designs have never really been an issue of contention with anyone we've used them against (That I am aware of). We've had other weapon systems called overpowered, but our Artillery, due to it's stationary nature and the way by which it functions is both balanced and fun to use (For those of us who've actually gotten to use them).

Artillery, properly utilized as emplacement types weapons, are meant to be a force multiplier and nothing more or less than that. They don't, by themselves, when or lose assaults or defenses, but they can increase the odds in our favor, if deployed and commanded correctly, as has been evident by past experience.

While originally intended to be deployed in Antesignani, I was drawing up specifications for much of the newer weapons to be far more readily accessible, provided training was made available to anyone it was given to. The new Onager would be a multi-angle weapon designed to be flexible and pack a decent sized wallop, as opposed to the super heavy support fire the Ballistae offers, or the lighter fire of the Mortar or proposed Scropion weapons.

That would make the total of artillery for the Ordo at 4 artillery weapons, two (Ballistae, Onager II) of which were designed specifically with Antesigani in mind, the other two (Scorpion, Infernus) for far wider distribution. I must point out that the Autocannon system might never be finished merely because SL's operating principles may not allow it to function as intended.

With all that in mind, are 4 artillery pieces such a strain or waste of our resources?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.