Clicky

Kastrenzo Benelli

Help needed with Sound Card

I posted this in here since it's more fitting than the off topic subsection.

Anyone who has heard me speak on vent, it's no secret that my mic has loud screeches and popping sounds as feedback, this happens when there is inbound and outbound audio at the same time *IE Me talking while playing music, OR Myself and someone else on vent trying to talk at the same time*

My Card is the Creative X-FI Extremegamer

I'm fairly certain everything on the hardware side of things is installed correctley, the playback is fine

The main issue is that most sound cards have a pink *Microphone* and green *Speaker* jack in behind, Mine has a Green and a white slot, the white slot is supposed to be a universal jack for microphones, DJ booths, whatever.

This universal slot never worked, so I ended up plugging my mic into the pink slot on the side of my case, I don't think that auxillary plug on the side was wired correctley, thus causing the feedback spasms.

The soundcard came with software for it's own control panel, there are three seperate modes for "Entertainment, Gaming, and Audio Creation", each setting changes the quality of Playback and such, I use Gaming myself,

there are also sliders for the Microphone Channel, Aux Channel, Line-in, etc, Personally I do not know what to do with any of these, but trust me, I've tried the most obvious things, with the microphone, recording tools, etc.

Anyone with credible knowledge of things like this, could you please contact me in world or Grab my MSN address and contact me there, I'd be greatley appreciative of any help, I've been trying to fix this for nearly three damned years.