Dascede

Ordo Meeting - 06MAR10

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Dascede Aluveaux | W-1; Triplicarius | Astra

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 06 March 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: Ordo general topics

SUMMARY: Ordo gathered to hear issues from Aryte, give discussion, hear promotions.

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Meeting Opener

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Hokay!

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia was inducting someone . .

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Phew.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Ok!

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Meeting. Right.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia shuffles around for his notes.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: AH YES. Ok,.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Good evening everyone and welcome to this week’s meeting. Let’s get right to it!

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Typical intro: As a reminder, please hold questions or comments until you are provided the time to speak. Interruptions will result in dismissal from the gathering. Furthermore, when you are given the chance to speak, please shout your questions/comments. Our recorder is centralized, so, if you’re on a fringe she may not hear you.

Imperator’s Report

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Having said that, let’s get to this week’s statistics:

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Members: 284

Cadets: 9

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Applications: 13 new, 3 awaiting review, 2 approved, others . . all denied.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Offenses: 9

Defenses: 112

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic matters: nothing to mention, actually. All has been fairly quiet. No change in diplomacy standings with any group. Combat with the Anvil Coalition persists—seems they have shifted focus upon the Merczateers, which is giving us a growing chance to launch crusades during the fray. More on that during the keynote.

Divisional Reports

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:03] Sosarin Demar raises his hand.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Mista' Demar.

Astra

[18:04] Sosarin Demar: Combat participation appears to be nominal. Thanatos training was completed for Kiyaru Kanto. If anyone else requires Thanatos training, please contact me. Otherwise, training queue is effectively clear. Again, great job staying on top of it, Apostles. Kryo Recreant hosted a ground combat exercise this week in a skybox arena. Special thanks to him and all who participated. Astra also had an administratio meeting detailing effective ways to more utilize our administrative assets. In the up and coming week, I hope to see more impromptu combat exercises as well as efforts taken to make Astra's Administratio more efficient. That concludes this week's report for Astra.

[18:04] Lestat Umarov raises hand

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Mr. Demar.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Umarov?

Terra

[18:05] Lestat Umarov: Another active week for Terra. A lot of combat on offense and defense as we continue to stand against the rusty anvil. Development in the squads has been moving along and I've spoken with squad commanders to issue the gear that is in betas. Training has been happening regularly and there's currently an open spot for Cohors C CO for those interested. Now, onto unit reports.

[18:05] Lestat Umarov: From Keller for Invictus: "Another solid week of activity, with the usual solid results in raids. Going to be looking towards getting training going, as well as bringing in yet another new body in the near future."

[18:05] Lestat Umarov: From ZeroWinged for Antesignani: "Several trainings were attempted over the course of the week and promptly interupted by attacks by the Anvil and the unstoppable shade of Tiridates Mikadze. Nothing else to report on the squad."

[18:05] Lestat Umarov: From Zrazor for Insidiae: "Some light training went down this week. Not a lot of progress in the way of gear development. Maza made a very cool logo which is now in use by the squad. Crossbow is still in the process of being animated. The squad still has two openings, but rather than taking applications will be scouting for talent proactively."

[18:06] Lestat Umarov: From Genesis for Cohors B: "Shorter notice this week. Activities have slowed a little with most members already leaving for vacations here and there. As we enter March now I hope to see the extra boom in new PRF requests ontop of activity requests. We've had some transfers from B to C so lets remember to keep pushing each other to pop in once in a while to have some fun! Everyone who wants to do anything or has any questions feel free to bug any of your commanders."

[18:06] Lestat Umarov: This concludes my report for Terra. Any additional reports may be given at the discretion of the Imperator.

[18:06] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Mr. Umarov.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Mousehold?

Tactica

[18:07] Corsi Mousehold: For Tactica (in the words of Trevor Russell, who is eating food at the moment): Very little went on this week, I was prepping for midterms. Corsi and Zerowinged will be getting recon on CS later; they're still somewhat under construction. I've got a lot of things written down in my handy dandy notebook, its all a matter of bringing them together and getting it into the group. I've put it off a little because of the possibility of some web-software changes that may go on soon (nothing anyone but myself, aryte, and intus need be concerned about). That is all.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Russell and I apparently have a meeting scheduled sometime this evening to discuss that. Thank you, Ms. Mousehold.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Do any other units wish to report this evening?

[18:08] Heavy666 Bolden raises a paw

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Bolden.

Caelum (Astra)

[18:08] Heavy666 Bolden: It has been an excellent week in the growth and development of Astra's third flight Caelum. Activity levels in this flight have been reaching new heights, Members of this flight proving themselves to be valuable assets to the group. Alot of iniative to engage in combat/flight training. Along with participation in sanctioned offensives and participation in Defensive operations

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Mr. Bolden.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Anything further?

Old Business

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Very good, moving on. Any old business to discuss this evening?

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Thank goodness. Now to listen to me ramble for an hour.

Keynote Topics

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Me, oh my: I have quite a lot to talk about this evening. In preparation for the work I plan on having completed next week, I want to go over everything that’s on the plate. It's a . . lot.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia:  Officer Meetings: First up, as mentioned last week—I will be hosting a couple dozen one on one sit downs with officers over the course of the next couple of days. The sit downs will be utilized to go over a few key elements.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Foremost, every officer will be required to cite their current projects, advancements, and what areas they find as weakness in their duties. After which, I will be critically assessing their areas of operation and provide them with one of three ratings: excellent, satisfactory, and unsatisfactory.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent rating will mean the officer fits within my expectation and no real action is needed. Satisfactory rating will mean there are areas I find that an officer is lacking in. In reply to such, I will prepare a short list of tasks for the officer to complete and check up with them within 30 days to determine if those tasks have been completed. Unsatisfactory rating will result in a stringent list of tasks, with several check ups over the next 30 days to insure progress. Failure to demonstrate progress could result in loss of position. I don’t suspect any of my officers currently fall within this bracket, but, going to make it an option anyways! Tee hee.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: The schedule is as follows:

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia takes a deep breath:

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Sunday, March 7th:

11:00 AM SLT - Steff Flintoff

1:00 PM SLT - Jason Backer

4:00 PM SLT - Keller Teichmann

5:00 PM SLT - Dascede Aluveaux

6:00 PM SLT - Zrazor Rosebush

7:00 PM SLT - Gulliver Carpool

8:00 PM SLT - Trinity Heckroth

9:00 PM SLT - Xayvien Rau

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Monday, March 8th:

1:00 PM SLT - Inoue Katsu

4:00 PM SLT - Blaze Wiles

5:00 PM SLT - Desereck Creeggan

6:00 PM SLT - Sosarin Demar

9:00 PM SLT - Zero Itamae

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Tuesday, March 9th:

5:00 PM SLT - Anlysia Gregoire

6:00 PM SLT - Cyphre Iredell

7:00 PM SLT - Trevor Russell

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Wednesday, March 10th:

2:00PM SLT - Ethan Schumann

5:00 PM SLT - Soulbinder Wolfstein

7:00 PM SLT - Heather McKay

Thursday, March 11th:

6:00 PM SLT - Detox Exonar

8:00 PM SLT - Genesis Ronmark

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Friday, March 12th:

6:00 PM SLT - Zerowinged Vasiliev

7:00 PM SLT - Fermi Torok

Saturday, March 13th:

8:00 PM SLT - Scarlet Flaks (?)

Sunday, March 14th:

8:30 PM SLT - Scientific Waffle

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: If time arises, I will open this opportunity to any command NCO member of any division. I promise not to bite if an NCO steps up for a review.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: What I do ask from all of you, is that during this you please be mindful and try to avoid distracting me. I will be investing a lot of time in to the process, and, as you can see . . . pretty tight schedule. Sunday will essentially be me sitting here with a caffeine IV.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Questions on that?

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Next, then.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia:  Projects: The project list I am undertaking is fairly extensive. These are in no particular order, but I will be completing them all by the 14th. Here is a basic run down:

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: 1. Rank Revision:  I will be restructuring the way our ranks are set up. Notably, I am dismantling the “Veteranus” rank group, the W-1 and W-2 roles. Initially, the W ranks were intended to serve as “officers in training,” or for individuals who really didn’t have aspirations to go any further than enlisted. In reality, W-1 and W-2 are just being treated as junior officers. They have the same authority and duties as O ranks. Thus there is really no reason to keep them. W-1 and W-2 will become O-1 and O-2. All of the current officer ranks will thus be bumped up two spots—O-1 to O-3, O-2 to O-4, et cetera.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: There was some opposition to this idea among the officer corps when it was brought up for discussion . . . but honestly, I really didn’t find a compelling reason to keep the warrant ranks. The original point of the warrant position will effectively be replaced by new focus on E-7 annnnnd a new enlisted rank: E-8.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: E-8 was an idea we toyed with a couple months ago. I have opted to go forward with it. In a nutshell, E-8 will be a limited role. An individual can either choose to move from E-7 to O-1 or E-7 to E-8 (later down the road, an E-8 could go to O-1 if they wished). The point of E-8, however, will be to operate as a special “command” enlisted member. E-8’s will be given the same raid powers as an officer, but none of the expected administration duties.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: So essentially, an E-8 will be our war lords/common raid leaders. As part of their position, they will receive the same seminar courses officers receive on combat leading. As I said: it will be limited. Tentatively, expecting no more than 3 from Terra, 2 from Astra.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: E-8 has not been named, thus yet. But that will be explained in another topic.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Questions there?

[18:20] Sosarin Demar raises his hand.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Demar.

[18:20] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand.

[18:20] Sosarin Demar: Will there be one "o-2" (previously w-2) per division or will it be expanded?

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Expanded without limitation.

[18:20] Sosarin Demar: Okay, thank you.

[18:20] FireFox Breed rises paw

[18:20] Kiyaru Kanto raises his hand

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Mousehold?

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: (Shout your questions unless centralized.)

[18:21] Corsi Mousehold: With these new ranks, will the rank insignias change overall or minor tweaks to the current insignias?

[18:22] ZeroNightmare Kaventipovic waves his arms

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Current insignias will remain. I've been strong arming a pastry head to redo them for a few weeks now.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Breed?

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: (I meant Scientific Waffle, if you didn't get my pastry joke.)

[18:23] FireFox Breed: When it comes to a E-8. Is there a limit on how many there can be per division?

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: I refer you to the last line of my statement: [18:19] Aryte Vesperia: So essentially, an E-8 will be our war lords/common raid leaders. As part of their position, they will receive the same seminar courses officers receive on combat leading. As I said: it will be limited. Tentatively, expecting no more than 3 from Terra, 2 from Astra.

[18:24] FireFox Breed: ty dident see that

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Kanto?

[18:24] Kiyaru Kanto: nevermind, I've got my answer from corsi's question

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Kaventipovic?

[18:25] ZeroNightmare Kaventipovic: Sir would a E-8 would wear the White strip pants even though his not considered a real officer or will they will wear the red still? Or.... will there be a new color for E-8s

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Red.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Akin to a command NCO.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Movin' on:

[18:26] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand .... again.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: No further questions on that.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: 2. Rank System:  The minimum requirement system is basically completed now. The forms and exams are online, but not entirely structured or set up (as in, can’t grade them yet). However, you may begin taking exams. Expect some delay in turn around/grading. I will make sure this is completed and finalized. When it is done, you can expect to find it all under a single “Exam Center” menu, with all the requirements set up together under rank headings. Thank you Firefox for working on those technical side problems.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: (It's currently under the "List Menu" tab.)

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Questions there?

[18:27] Azoth Zsun: o/

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Zsun?

[18:28] Trevor Russell raises hand.

[18:28] Azoth Zsun shouts: With the exams, I would just like to confirm. If we wish to move up in rank and we are already past E-3, do we still need to take that exam?

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Minimum req exams encompass E-1 to E-7. If that is your question. Otherwise, if you meant . . If you're E-4, but you haven't taken the E-1, 2, 3 exam, do you have to before moving on? Yes, you do.

[18:29] Azoth Zsun: thank you

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Russell?

[18:29] Trevor Russell: will these requirements be requirements be just for promotions within the enlisted ranks? or for beyond as well? that is, for an e-7 looking to advance, would they need to complete the prior rquiremnts first (as would an e-5 wanting to g to e-6, per your previous statements)?

[18:30] Kiyaru Kanto raises his hand

[18:31] ZeroNightmare Kaventipovic waves his arms

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Kanto?

[18:31] Kiyaru Kanto: Are we allowed to fill in all these exams, without necessarily being near the promotion rank, merely to get them out of the way and leave the promotions at the hands of the imperator (you)?

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: As said to Azoth: yes. All the minium reqs beneath the rank you're currently at will need to be fulfilled. As a sidenote, I will not be counting these explicitly until the set up is at 100% (with grading and the headings correct, etc), so promotions will continue as normal until mentioned otherwise.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Definitely!

[18:31] Kiyaru Kanto: sweet:D

[18:31] ZeroNightmare Kaventipovic puts his arm down

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: The exams are just extra education steps-- they do not mean auto promotion, etc. It's just a way to ensure people are reading materials we find pertinent.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Again, be sure to shout questions.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Please!

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on:

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: 3. Schola:  As mentioned last week, Schola revisions will be handed out and finished here as well. We have a fairly comprehensive list (thanks to Zero Itamae) of changes to make. Among them, a new addition will be made in Phase six, with the issuing of a sort of “What’s next?” lesson for new member. In that, Armatura, raid practices, and other day to day things to expect in the Ordo will be covered. Any additional changes that anyone may have in mind please bring them up to Zero.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Very good.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: 4. Combat training:  Over the course of the week, I will host several wide scale, all members invited combat training missions. The design will be within the parameters of my “stress test” curriculum, with focus on honing the individual behaviors of members. After the initial roll out, this sort of training will become a cornerstone of our practices. Officers will be expected to host future events fairly frequently.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: For those who are curious what a “stress test” curriculum constitutes, it will essentially put one team at unusual odds with the intent and purpose of . . . well, being unwinnable. Teams will be rated on their abilities to improvise, maintain order, and react to the problems presented with very limited resources.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Very good.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: 5. Praetorian Guard:  Guard selection will go full steam over the course of the week. Initial applications are filed. We will begin the process of the review itself and, hopefully, begin some of the direct trials. In addition to which, I will be ensuring the implementation of the Carta to the Guard over the course of the week. This includes making the appointments and revisions internally, as we’ve been mandating for some time now. I will be speaking to Kytec with this shortly.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Queeestions?

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Mm yay. Next:

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: 6. Expanding horizons:  During last week’s officer meeting, I proposed the question . . . or rather, proposed the idea that the Ordo must consider capitalizing upon down time/idle time on base. Although we typically peak 100+ defensives and 10+ offensive deployments per week, there are still many hours of inactivity in which members are simply forced to sit here and wait for the next battle. It is my belief that, although this has been the norm for many years, that we must explore ways to fill that down time.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Tomorrow’s officer meeting will be focusing on this topic, and, hopefully throughout the week we will begin implementing projects or opportunities for members to spend their time on base, while contributing to their own education and the atmosphere of the group. This is really an opportunity to think outside the box, and, I want to hear from you all. I have a forum post open for these ideas: get ‘em posted. No debating with others! Just get some ideas on the page: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/7240-meeting-topic-ideas-for-spending-idle-time/

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: (Think: shooting range.)

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Almost there, I promise. Next:

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: (Keep in mind I am reading off my to do list for the week-- so, q.q:)

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: What am I on? Oh. 7. Honor titles/additional merits: Some weeks ago, Tiridates proposed that we adopt honor titles and consider adding additional merits to the pool. I will be exploring this. Among the ideas remains the "Champion" status, which I will focus on and see it implimented. As a reminder to that idea:

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: In summary:

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Champion of the Imperium – The Champion is selected every (insert time here), for the duration of (insert time here). Candidates are nominated only by Legates -level personnel from which the Imperator selects the recepient. A Champion can be selected more than once, but not consecutively. Any individual, prior to offical sanctioning, must pass a disciplinary and security reviews and investigations.

[18:42] Vincent Lucerne: O_O;

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Quiet please.

[18:43] Vincent Lucerne: :x

[18:43] Vincent Lucerne: ASSASSIN!

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: The Honour of Champion of the Imperium would entitle the individual to the following:

Unlock of a single item (except for officer/praetorian only materials) within the armory, including vehicles (they'd have to attend qualification classes and training)

The attachment of the honorific title of Champion of the Imperium (they are formally refered to as (example) “Primus of the Agentes In Rebus, Tiridates Mikadze, Champion of the Imperium”

or “Triplicarius of Terra, John Doe, Champion of the Imperium” etc.

When they relinquish the Regalia and Honor, they receive a merit that commemorates their honorary tenure as Champion (if they have been champion more than once, a numerical indicator in a corner of the Merit would indicate how many times).

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: In the way of honor titles, as Tiridates cited: "the Champion Honor is the primary, and most lavish example, but other possibilities are honors like 'Guardian of the Watch', 'Imperial Historial', etc."

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Again. All quite rough still. But on my plate for next week.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:44] Sheri Kira rasies her hand

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: (Somewhere in the world, Scientific Waffle's ears are ringing, as he realizes he has like 1900 new merits to make.)

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Kira?

[18:45] Sheri Kira: its pertaining to the shooting range sir

[18:45] Sheri Kira: has the problem with it been fixed yet sir?

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: I wasn't aware there was a problem. Appraise me on it after the meeting and I'll find out. Let's keep to the topic, please.

[18:46] Sheri Kira: yes sir

[18:46] Kryo Recreant raises a hand.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Recreant?

[18:46] Kryo Recreant shouts: Would there be any mechanism in place to ensure that the same one person isn't constantly awarded the same Honorific time and time again, or is that still a part of what's under development?

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Afraid Arokh will be Lord of Banners for the next decade?

[18:47] Arokh Takakura: :V

[18:47] Kryo Recreant shouts: No sir, more that Kytec will be the Eternal Champion. Thank you.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: But yes. Haha. I will make note of that.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia laughs.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: PRAETORIAN PRAFECTUS EXEMPT FROM THAT TITLE.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: (I'll make sure there is a methodology imposed that we don't see the same person getting the same title over and over.)

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you for bringing that up.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:49] Lestat Umarov raises hand

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Umarov.

[18:49] Lestat Umarov: What's the status on the BDU's and Legates armor?

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: Again, let's stay on topic.

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: I'll take that as "next topic" and move on:

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: 8. TI Store and products: As part of the focus, I will be putting significant effort into ensuring the integrity of Titan as a financial supplier to the group. This will include final phase out of older items, retooling of the current line, additional releases, and possibly some store-front changes.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Vyper.

[18:53] Fega Saito: o/

[18:53] Arc Vyper raises hand.

[18:53] Zerowinged Vasiliev raises hand.

[18:53] Arc Vyper: Will the updated guns be passed out ot people who have already bought said weapon, or will they need to repurchase the update.

[18:53] Arc Vyper: s

[18:53] Arc Vyper: f

[18:53] Arc Vyper: 7

[18:53] Arc Vyper: aa

[18:53] Arc Vyper: aa

[18:53] Arc Vyper: >_>

[18:53] Arc Vyper: Hotkeys.

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Saito?

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Always, Mr. Vyper.

[18:55] Fega Saito: Is that gun i made finally out of the shop then?

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: Haven't an idea what you made, so I'd assume not!

[18:55] Fega Saito: Excellent.

[18:55] Vincent Lucerne: \o

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Vasiliev?

[18:55] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Question a customer brought to me a while back upon catching wind of this revamp: Will the older items just be rescripted or remodled as well?

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Not all of them, no. I would imagine the significant majority will simply cease to exist.

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Lucerne?

[18:56] Vincent Lucerne: Any wor on the Russ :o?

[18:56] Vincent Lucerne: word*

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Hopefully next week.

[18:57] Vincent Lucerne: :D

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Annnd next topic:

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: 9. Standard operation procedure consolidation: I will be working to pool together all of the Astra, Terra, main group (etc) policy into a single comprehensive database, that way the major elements of the group will be more obviously codeified and obtainable-- regardless of division. Currently our SOP is fractured across a dozen or so notes and countless posts.

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Somehow I thought not.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Almost done.

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: 10. Tanks: I will be seeing that tank training programs and the order of distribution for tanks is completed, with clarity on who can achieve and how one can achieve armor qualification.

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[19:00] ZeroNightmare Kaventipovic waves his arm

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Kaventipovic?

[19:01] ZeroNightmare Kaventipovic: Will all members of terra get tanks or will it be only for alpha squads they were ment for?

[19:01] Arokh Takakura raises claw.

[19:01] Aryte Vesperia: I underline this line: "with clarity on who can achieve and how one can achieve armor qualification." In general, armor will be available for

[19:01] Aryte Vesperia: Er. For Terra in general.

[19:02] ZeroNightmare Kaventipovic shouts: What do we have do to get qualify?

[19:02] Aryte Vesperia: That . . would be what is being developed.

[19:02] Aryte Vesperia: :]

[19:02] ZeroNightmare Kaventipovic: Understood sir.

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: Annnnd last topic from me:

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: Oh oops.

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: Yes, Mr. Takakura?

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: How did I miss Arokh?

[19:04] Arokh Takakura shouts: How would we 'distribute' me? on the topic of tank distribution? :C

[19:04] Vincent Lucerne: :D!

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on.

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: >:|

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: AHEM. 11: Direction of theme: the Ordo has always had this strange mish-mash of Warhammeresque, Romanesque appeal. I am curious, genuinely, in the sense of theme . . which direction would members want to see us persist? Do we want to move more toward the Roman basis, or do we want to stray a bit away from it and, say, trickle more into the sort of neo-gothic bastardization of Rome that is Warhammer?

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: That does not mean Space Marine armor, before Vincent gets excited. I mean more along the sake of naming, titles, and general ambiance.

[19:07] Lestat Umarov: Commissars? :o

[19:08] Trevor Russell raises hand.

[19:08] Kryo Recreant raises a hand.

[19:08] Aryte Vesperia: So, I will be opening a fact finding poll on the topic-- I'll more clearly define what I am asking, in that topic, but, just giving a heads up.

[19:08] Aryte Vesperia: Go ahead, Mr. Russell.

[19:08] Trevor Russell: Disregard, i thought you were asking for opinions now.

[19:09] Aryte Vesperia: I wouldn't mind a few.

[19:09] Vincent Lucerne: ;-;

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Recreant then?

[19:10] Trevor Russell: I personally, love all things roman. Warhammer may be all well and good, but the romans ACTUALLY kicked ass, because they ACTUALLY existed. A roman army seems intellectual; lets face it, "warhammer" evoks the mage (to outsders) of pimply nerds rolling dice over a game board.

[19:11] ZeroNightmare Kaventipovic raises his paw to tired to wave it around

[19:11] Trevor Russell: *image

[19:11] Kryo Recreant holds comment until Trevor's point is addressed.

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: To clarify: I am not going to be asking "Should we be a Warhammer group? :]" It is in the sense of, should we be thinking . . more along the lines of: Senate, or High Council of Terra?

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: Just, in general theme-- things like Commissar vs. Sesquiplicarius, haha.

[19:13] Vincent Lucerne: Commissar.

[19:13] Kryo Recreant: Just a quick one; as 2142 have based themselves upon a game, I would urge a rethink of following the overt 'geekiness' that goes hand-in-hand with basing our entire group dynamic upon Warhammer - they already have formals made by Disembodied Hand and having so much similarity in obviously different militaries seems a little counterproductive. Besides which, it would lead to laziness of thought and blatant plagiarism from the lore of others, whereas we could be creating our own image upon that which has gone before. See the writings of some of our senio members on the forums for what can be done with the ideas we already have in place. The high council, the legions, even the memory of Frumentarii... and the ranks all have their historical place and our recontextualisation.

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: Obviously we will never be a Warhammer group, nor will we entirely be Space Romans.

[19:13] MikeMurdock McMillan: i like the roman names more

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: Speak in turn, please.

[19:13] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand.

[19:14] Aryte Vesperia: Right, right-- again, what I mean, Kryo, is which way do we really want to continue leaning? Does the group WANT me to continue embracing, say, Roman style of government? I can do that, no problem. Or should I be designing things more liberally, with less latinesque names poured into it?

[19:15] MikeMurdock McMillan raises hand

[19:15] Aryte Vesperia: Mousehold?

[19:15] Agares Tretiak raises his hand.

[19:16] Aryte Vesperia: (Last comment with Tretiak; we'll take the rest to a forum thread. But again, I stress: I am not asking should we either be Space Romans, or a Warhammer group. It's me wondering what people like in the way of theme style!)

[19:17] Corsi Mousehold: Well currently as the Ordo we have been sort of carving our own path and our own theme. Rather than being this or being that. Why not just be ... Ordo, and stay to the path we are on with our own unique theme?

[19:17] Agares Tretiak: I feel the mishmash is good, however, our style should probably mirror more rome in soem degrees, to veer out of the realm of nerdraging.

[19:18] Aryte Vesperia: Mishmash will never go away. Again. I could of proposed the question better, I suppose. Would people . . say, be mad if every division didn't have some latinesque name? Stuff like that. :]

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: But interesting. I'll get a forum post up on it.

[19:19] Agares Tretiak: (I'd be enraged and quit the Ordo if we weren't so roman, I bet. >_>)

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: Anywho! As you can see. I have lots to do over the next week. Yes, I essentially took a week off from work to catch up on Ordo stuff. But whatev'.

[19:20] Aryte Vesperia: Phew . . long meeting! In short: work, work. Lots of stuff in the pipeline. Stay tuned, et cetera.

[19:20] Aryte Vesperia: I will skip open floor tonight. My apologies! But I've devoured all the time this evening.

[19:20] ZeroNightmare Kaventipovic raises his other hand since his first got tired

Promotions

[19:21] Aryte Vesperia: PRFs and merits are done. Promotions are not. I will have promotions up by Sunday, I do suspect. Apologies for delay: I got a little behind.

[19:21] Vinnie Lei raises hand

[19:22] Aryte Vesperia: I'll drop PRFs out here:

[19:22] Aryte Vesperia: [PRFS]

Nohime Runner

Kiyaru Kanto

Vincent Kroitschov

Larry Furlough

Maza Rau

Nooj Balut (+unlock)

[19:22] Aryte Vesperia: I'll post merits with the promotions.

[19:23] Aryte Vesperia: So! We're done. Thank you for a good meeting. Combat will be called in a bit.

[19:23] Aryte Vesperia: OH HELL I FORGOT ONE TOPIC.

[19:23] Aryte Vesperia: Crusades: big raids next week.

[19:23] Typhon Perun salutes, "Saraiva ao Imperator, bebê."

[19:23] Aryte Vesperia: That's it in a nutshell.

[19:23] Aryte Vesperia: OK DONE.

[19:23] Aryte Vesperia clasps his fist to his chest, presenting a salute.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: 8. TI Store and products: As part of the focus, I will be putting significant effort into ensuring the integrity of Titan as a financial supplier to the group. This will include final phase out of older items, retooling of the current line, additional releases, and possibly some store-front changes.

My Jew-sense is tingling, and my ears are preemptively ringing with the sounds of IM's going "Jew! Get back to work!"

Two items for Titan to make, market, and sell:

Daisy Red Rider BB gun. A good model that fires dmg and lol rounds that say something cutesy. Yes, this would be used by quasi griefing n00bs. But those people have money too. And guns don't grief avatars; avatars grief avatars.

Tec 9 for the Crack Den crowd.

TI will likely have to look beyond traditional military markets to continue to bring in money.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.