Clicky

Akara

Build Area!

Hello :D

I, and none of you, should expect somebody with estate powers to clean up after you. So I will be IMing those of you that like to leave your stuff laying around and asking you to take it, or remove it. I haven't been given any sort of power to force you to do this, it is simply courteous to do so if you have no reasoning for it being there. :)

Sure, if you're building a gun or something and you want to leave it out for a few hours while you defend, or go on a raid... Thats okay! I however have noticed people leaving large builds excess of 200 or 300 prims all over the place for days, without the smallest of changes. It is appreciated that people are building in this area rather than the front line or somewhere not approved, but there is NO reason to leave your build out for days unless you're working on them most of that day. See below.

Quick build tip: if you spawn a prim and put it in a set position, for example; 50,235,60 - XYZ - then make that your build's root prim (select it last then link), and save that position in a notecard or write it down somewhere, you can spawn your build in the EXACT same position by simply typing in the coordinates when you rez it. If your build is multiple linksets, use multiple prims in multiple saved positions. Alternatively you could just note down where the root prim of your object is, where ever it may be... But mine is usually in a weird position.

If you could try and clean up your builds without being asked, or having estate managers do it, it would be appreciated.

-------------------------------

EDIT: "Furthermore, builds that are left out over an extend period of time without demonstration of progress will be subject to being returned. It is preferable that, if not currently "in progress," a build should be picked up. If a builder wishes to denote that a build is ongoing and should not be returned, it is necessary to leave a red cube tagged next to the build(s) to signal to estate administration that the item(s) is/are an ongoing project." - standing order.

It's extremely easy to pick up builds yet very few builders seem to do it. With the ongoing sim build, more and more prims will be used up, leaving less prims available. The more we can clean up the better.

A final note: please update your friends on changes in policy if it applies to them... Like the new standing order related to building.

Thanks.

Edited by Nikki4 Aquitaine

Bumped since people are still leaving their stuff out without changing it much/at all, days at a time.

The following people have changed their builds very little or not at all in the past 7 days, and have not marked their builds with a red box:

Keller Teichmann - Multiple gun builds.

Crash Silverfall - Single gun build.

Daffee Vita - Single gun build.

The following people have left random crap out (posing stands etc):

Disembodied Hand (Posing stand - Lower level) - Cleaned up by EM.

Huttser Ishelwood (Alpha'd 97 prim USP - Second Level) - Cleaned up by EM.

Arc Vyper (Random red prim - Second Level) - Cleaned up by EM.

Edited by Nikki4 Aquitaine

Dis isn't ordo, but makes our uniforms and the like.

May want to give it a rest because it has already been noted on standing orders and is sort of a fact of Titan life. There will always be something accidentally left out by someone at any given time, and at no point will that ever change completely to perfection. ;)

Also would like to add: It gets really frustrating when people are hanging out in the build area and defense is down to 2-3 people. Titan needs a minimum of 5 defenders per policy. If you are building something during low defense, it is strongly requested that you join defense if you can. If you are, like many people have done, simply hanging out and watching the builders during low defense, there is no excuse.

Even though it's the designated build area doesn't mean it's the designated trash pile, or Prim hogger. People need to clean their stuff up regularly, I've seen things like multiple copies of the same build rezzed side by side, delinked guns left there for days and nothing done with them. And I've even seen random alpha prims that have been there for at LEAST a month and they're still there

Prim usage generally isn't a problem but really. Clean up your stuff when you're done with it. You can just take copies of your work and resume whatever you were doing later.