Clicky

Inoue Katsu

Base alert levels

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should the alert levels be made to match official US levels

• Yes, COMPLIANCY!!!1!
    • No, these ARE official, the US just has it the wrong way around... let them change it!
    • I don't care.

It really doesn't matter. It -really- doesn't. It already tells you with the number what the number means. 0 - ignore, 1 - care less than two, 2 - not attacking :/, 3 - Eh, 4 - wat, 5 - OH MEH GAWD BATTER STAYSHUNZ, 6 - "Wipe them out... All of them."

Hell, you could just do away with the numbers and keep the definitions.

Besides, would we ever see nuclear explosions on Titan? :laugh:

Guess you've never been around for a Cheeso visit.

Why does it matter if we emulate the DEFCON system? We have our system and it works for us. No need to mess with it. If people want a group with its entire structure ripped off the US military, they can build a time machine and go join the circa 2005-2006 Alliance Navy.

Actually going in to do it and getting everyone used to it is just like me making this post... a waste of time.

DEFCON measures the defense readiness of the defenders, not the threat level of the attackers. In which case, I agree with Mr.Waffle. If we wanted to implement the DEFCON system, we should have a DEFCON meter somewhere that lets everyone on base know the current probability of an attack, and the corresponding readiness level they should be exhibiting.