Clicky

Aryte

Mercz Letter to Vanguard

Hello everyone. I'd like to thank you all in advance for taking the time to read this. If you are a member of the military community, this notecard concerns you.

So why have I taken the time to write this? There is a matter to that needs to be discussed. It is one that the the community must be made aware of and thoroughly consider, as it affects each and every one of us. It is something that I, along with many others, hoped would never have to be spoken about again. I'd like to talk a little bit about Vanguard and their leader, Christoph Naumova.

If you've been around in this community for any decent period of time, you're likely aware that Vanguard and their leader don't exactly have the greatests of reputations. Their story is tainted by Christoph's destructive, malevolent nature, and in some instances, that of the members themselves. In most cases, these accounts of history are accurate, and are what lead to the Merczateer's first and second blockades of Vanguard, explained in a New Jessie War Journal article I wrote a year ago.

/>http://thejessiewarjournal.wordpress.com/2009/08/13/2328/

The composition linked above contains a more in-depth overview of the interactions between our respective groups. If you are unfamiliar with the history regarding the Merczateers and Vanguard, I strongly encourage you to look over it before proceeding further. I know a large portion of readers will click the link, see how big the article is, TL;DR it, then go on to read the rest of this note. For these people, I will summarize with this; Christoph has a well established track record of engaging in malicious activities.

Towards the end of 2009, after being urged by members of the community, we made the decision to give Christoph another chance. We were very hesitant to do this, as thanks to Vanguard, we had experienced everything from having our content outright stolen and open sourced and our store vendors hacked, to being repeatedly harassed, threatened, and bombarded by malicious scare tactics, and everything inbetween. Christoph insisted adamantly that he had changed for the better, and he vowed that Vanguard no longer sought to harm other groups, and only wanted to be part of the community again. Naturally, we were skeptical about these claims. We discussed the matter in depth, and came to the conclusion that by unblockading Vanguard, we would be throwing Christoph enough rope to either climb out of the hole he had dug for himself, or to hang himself.

Our hope was that Christoph had indeed matured, and would use this opportunity to evolve his group into a peaceful, positively contributing member of the community. We sincerely wanted to believe that this was the case, because if it were true, then Vanguard would provide substantial support in the pursuit of enjoyable combat for all. However, we were well aware of the possibility that Christoph was simply telling us what we wanted to hear to get unblockaded, allowing him the opportunity to rebuild the credibility and influence he would need to resume his agenda. Once he had established this foothold, he could then comfortably return to his normal practice of trying to harm anyone who opposed him, while exploiting those who did not. Having known Christoph for years, we knew that if this happened, we'd be able to recognize this behavior and expose him for who he is: a deceitful and manipulative human being who will say and do whatever it takes to get what he wants, regardless of who gets hurt along the way.

It's been about a year now. What has Christoph decided to do with his rope? Let's have a look.

To accurately assess any change in Christoph's current mindset, we'll first have to reference his past. On January 6th, 2008, Christoph issued a declaration of war against the Alliance Navy. A copy of this log may be found in the above link, "The Blockades." In this document, Christoph detailed the standards under which he would conduct himself during the conflict. The following is an examination of these professed intentions, in comparisson with more recent statements he has made.

I will be using excerpts from the TAC meeting log. The full log can be found here:

Honestly, i'd say we should have just started a full war against VG. See how he likes being raided by all of IS, outnumbered, outgunned, and nonstop for a full week. I guarentee that will hurt him a lot more than being banned. Besides, it also is more fun to blow VG to hell.

So we should stoop to their levels and do exactly what the did in return? Christoph is a lost cause, but in the real world. That just isn't how people learn. Merc's and the IS in general are doing the proper thing by hanging back and returning the blockade full force. Because it sends the following message.

"You can't do anything now, and you're not even worth the time it takes for me to (insert witty quip here)"

So we should stoop to their levels and do exactly what the did in return? Christoph is a lost cause, but in the real world. That just isn't how people learn. Merc's and the IS in general are doing the proper thing by hanging back and returning the blockade full force. Because it sends the following message.

"You can't do anything now, and you're not even worth the time it takes for me to (insert witty quip here)"

This. And he'd probably copybot our shit the second we stepped into the sim. If we get key people out, can I just carpet bomb Chicago?