Clicky

Tuomy Boa

Live webcam from LHC test area

Streak Bender wrote:

In a box, it's designed to re-create the alleged 'Big Bang'.

Not quite. It is designed to recreate the energies present 90 nanoseconds after the big bang. This energy is still low compared to the energy at t=0. For instance, an Active Galactic Nucleus is far more powerful than any particle accelerator now, and in the forseeable future (possibly more than man can do, but I cannot know for sure).

Trevor Russell wrote:
Streak Bender wrote:

In a box, it's designed to re-create the alleged 'Big Bang'.

Not quite. It is designed to recreate the energies present 90 nanoseconds after the big bang. This energy is still low compared to the energy at t=0. For instance, an Active Galactic Nucleus is far more powerful than any particle accelerator now, and in the forseeable future (possibly more than man can do, but I cannot know for sure).

Hence the 'In a box'.

I don't look too far into it. Not a fan of the Big Bang theory. That's just me however.

Only relative to the Big Bang as they are duplicating the Strong Atomic Force, to be able to break down sub-atomic particles, attempting to discover the absolute smallest particle that all others are built upon. Reference to the Big Bang is only in regards to the Strong and Weak Atomic Force from the given theory itself; at least as far as I've read.

Krow Ames wrote:

It won't create a black hole large enough to kill us. And if I'm wrong, no one will be left here to argue with me.

It dosen't have to, black holes grow. Although as long as hawking radiation is real they will vanish almost instantly. They only problem I have is they have no proof of hawking radiation besides equations but to be honest there probably right and nothing will happen.