Clicky

Sylth Stormcrow

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best game in the series?

• Clear Sky
    • Shadow of Chernobyl
    • Call of Pripyat

SOC was fun because it has a few mods like the Armory mod, which added like 200 guns, but I found Clear Sky to be the best overall. because COP had severe hardware issues on my PC, It just lagged all the time, and frankly it was too short. hardly anything new.

SOC Doesnt even run on my PC anymore because i get the "yellow screen" error

Clear Sky is a fantastic game and probably my favorite of the series - once it's patched out the ass. It was originally incredibly flawed and a mere shadow of the glory of Shadow of Chernobyl.

Call of Pripyat is my personal favorite because it's the closest the game has had to a sandbox mode, even though you eventually run out of things to do once you acquire the last tier of gear.

Never played any of them.

Oh wow, this is just the most contributing post ever. [/thread] right here.

Also, my personal favourite is Clear Sky. SOC didn't so much appeal to me, it really made little sense with the bad english localization and whatnot. When I got that fixed, it still wierded me out. Call of Pripyat was too short, and pretty samey, but Clear Sky, once fixed up a lot, was my extreme favourite because of its updated AI, the faction wars system, the Clear Sky faction made it interesting and the story of Clear Sky's part of the plot, the way it fit in with the first game made it so 'Omfg Amazing!'

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has got to be my favourite game series of all time. I'd put SoC at the top, with CoP second, and CS third. Overall I was mostly disappointed with Clear Sky. It felt like it had been made just for constant action, the atmosphere of SoC was gone.

I actually participated in a large mod project for Shadow of Chernobyl called L.U.R.K 1.1, which overhauled the entire game to be far more unforgiving.

L.U.R.K 1.1 for Shadow of Chernobyl (ModDB)

I want to go to Pripyat one day. :<

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl had the best ballistics and damage system (enemies died when they should, guns handled not realistically but enjoyably), level design, atmosphere, story execution, and was the most moddable and successfully modded, hands down. Underground levels and inside levels were fucking nerve wracking, and encountering any enemy could be a surprising and deadly encounter. I still love to play it and hate every goddamn second I choose to scare the life out of me by doing so.

STALKER Clear Sky had a working enemy cover system, omg, and enemies actually (very slowly and retardedly) tried to overtake eachother and control the zone. However this is dampened by the fact EVERY FUCKING ENEMY is marked on your PDA and the ballistics went from simple to noticeably crippled (dropping bullets at like 20m from assault and sniper rifles, overdone recoil, bullets looking like bolts from WH40K when fired, taking like 50 shots to down some stupid bandit etc), and that there are no competent mods that correct these stupid things. Underground levels were just tedious and repetitive, nothing new. Much better graphics than Chernobyl, but much much much worse performance compared to mods that make Chernobyl look even better.

STALKER Call of Pripyat hits the worst FPS and gameplay performance I've ever seen. It takes all the ballistic and most gameplay mistakes of Clear Sky and translates them into a giant open field environment of randomly roaming enemies and allies. Despite how expansive and how much potential the levels have, they're less populated than the stalker camp at cordon in Shadow of Chernobyl. Amazing amazing idea and concept, but it's just not a "complete" game like Chernobyl or Clear Sky, it's got much to be desired, which modders can help with, but none have done a good job so far.

All in all, if you're looking for one, get Shadow of Chernobyl, the mods are absolutely amazing and each offer a very fresh and different experience. Mods may never come to Clear Sky and are a long ways off for Call of Pripyat, as far as I know.