Clicky

Jayce Iredell

Computer Support: Questions Help & More

Hey guys,

I've gotten a second graphics card as well as a new power supply this week, which I've been trying to get working in SLI without success.

My system specs:
Motherboard : GA-Z87X-OC

CPU : I7-4770k

Ram : 16gb 1800mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum

GPU: EVGA GTX780 Superclocked (2)

PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold

SSD : Samsung EVO 500gb

Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR

Capture card: Avermedia Live Gamer HD

So since I made the upgrade of the new PSU and the 2nd GTX780, it seems like my other PCI cards (Soundblaster zxr and avermedia live gamer HD), which is really odd, because a 1000W power supply should be PLENTY enough to run these, prior to this upgrade I used a 750W power supply and hadn't had any issues. My motherboard also has an extra 6-pin power connector for PCI cards only, which is optional and I've got it plugged in.

But going back to the main issue, I have the two cards installed, they are both working properly and both are detected in my Nvidia Control Panel, I've made a complete driver reinstall after putting the second one and I have tried with two different SLI Bridges (One of which was brand new) and I cannot get the option to activate my SLI (Maximise 3d performance) in the driver. It's not just that the buttons not "clickable", it is not there at all, look at the screenshot in spoiler field.

mKNp4AR.jpg

I have updated my motherboards BIOS, I've swapped the cards and still can't get it to work. Both cards are the exact same model/part number.

Halp.