Clicky

Vinnie Lei

A tale of Vinnie

To all of my fellow Ordo;

Tomorrow I will have my two year anniversary in The Ordo Imperialis and felt that it was time to 'introduce' myself, which has been way overdue.

Well... it all started in August of 2006, in which a friend of mine nudged me this cool game he was playing. I was initially reluctant and thought it would be just as dull as Furcadia (and how wrong I would eventually be).

So on 31st of August I decided to give it a try. Funny to say that this is not my first account ever. I didn't like the last name of the first so I went on and canceled it while I came across something more awesome. The one I use now. For what I remember, it was all on the same day, so Vincent Lucerne is still my rezbuddeh.

Anyways.

After a while of not doing much, I looked around to see what's on the grid and was thrilled to see there were Star Trek groups, so I joined up and so my adventure in Second Life really started.

Met some great folks there, and to a degree enjoyed my time there. Funny to say that one of my jobs there, aside from administrative part of roleplaying for the european timezone was Security and I was under the command of a guy who'd apparently would come across with in this group a long time later. Katsuhito Tal.

Unfortunately I came to the realization that the leading Admiral of the group was more interested in filling her pockets with lindens and personal gain than anything else and obviously some drama going on with powerstruggles etc, I pretty much waved goodbye and went on to what could be seen as the second phase in my Second Life journey.

SL STARFLEET was seen as the largest organization on the grid and had ties with its RL counterpart so I figured I'd give that a try. For the time I spent there it was great. Met cool friends and had a much more positive roleplaying experience then I pretty much had before.

And while there, I met someone who'd change my life in ways I could've never imagined. Damion St.James.

As I had seen and experienced in the first group, things changed and similar things were going on, plaguing my enjoyment. Damion was less and less around, and I wondered where was going instead.

I was nervous as hell when Damion offered me a teleport to Titan and show me where he was spending his time. My first visit to Titan ever. It was cut short because of a hostile, but I was certainly impressed to how it looked like, and how professional everybody seemed to be.

And after a friend of both me and Damion joined up, I pretty went 'f* it, Imma go do this!'.

So there I went. Teleported to Titan, grabbed an application form and teleported out, scared of being shot or mistakenly id'ed as a hostile.

And before I'd know it, I received an invitation to schola and this is how I began my time in The Ordo Imperialis.

And this is where I kind of pull blanks, 'cause so many great things happened it' be hard to not write it all down.

From struggling the start of schola with the President of Iran (I kid, I kid), MikeMurdock as mah teach, to walk around the decks of the Vae Victus, to meeting if not the best leading figure I'd come across, Imperator Aryte Vesperia.

It's been a long time. I've seen great folks come, go, stay... battled hostiles on different forms of our homeland in Second Life, Titan and I'm proud of have been wearing all the different uniforms that have been in service.

And with my recent induction into Curia as a Consiliator I realized this adventure is faar from over and I'm thrilled to wonder what the future will bring.

My thanks to all of you and I'll meet you in-world!

Vinnie Lei

Duplicarius

Terra - Antesignani

Curia Consiliator