Clicky

Zerowinged Vasiliev

General Regulation Reminder: I-110

I-110: Intentional friendly fire is strictly forbidden, regardless of situation.

----- a. Exception: "sanctioned" training exercises does not fall under "friendly fire."

Can understand getting all heated, rawrface, and rage-quitting but. . . Try to keep the friendly fire, fun or not, to a extremely low occurrence.

Point made: Don't shoot, blow up, detonate, purge, cleanse, clean, or throw objects with lldamage(#) scripts in them at Ordo or allies. . . Except if you are Aryte

~ Tandem =3

Edit: Damn you Williamca

Edited by Zerowinged Vasiliev

Friendly fire outside combat is big no-no. (i'm pretty sure the rules state no shooting whatsoever unless oic approved.....)

Friendly fire during combat is bad but it happens -mostly- (*glares*) unintentional.

If you get hit by a friendly, keep a cool head, just walk back out there as there are better things to do then complaining and filling out CIR's like shooting the hostiles.

Make a general comments about it on vent like 'watch for friendly fire in the <insert position wherever you were>'

If you get hit by the same person -again-, then make another comment at them directly but do keep calm.

If you get hit AGAIN, there are a few possibilities:

1. You are out of uniform and as such hard to recognize as an Ordo
  2. You are trying to melee the hostile.
  3. The 'friendly' shooting you is actually the hostile and you just haven't been paying attention.
  4. You're on a non-Ordo alt, get out of the way.
  5. You're the hostile, GTFO of our vent..

If one of the above is true, you will probably get very little compassion about getting shot. Otherwise there might be reason to poke the oic or a Curia official (if you get the impression you're intentionally shot).

Causing a scene about it during combat will get you reprimanded 95% of the time. It will also not help your case for promotions.

I do like that we have those regulations, sanctions and suggestions as to what can be done, but there is something I would like to note here as well, and this is a common sight and experience ... at least for me it is, and now it's time I think, to mention it here. People can go madface and yell at me for saying this, and it's fine. It just shows that some can stand up for themselves if they got an issue with what I say.

Anyways! I have experienced that I have been fighting in Defense on the frontline. Litterally, on the frontline, where bullets are flying around the heads of us. I see people running / flying / leaping straight into the red zone. Straight into my line of fire, and when the inevitable happens, either due to lag (IE. Bullet queueing), or multiple hostiles contra reflex to movements, I get yelled at / reprimanded for friendly fire, even though the guilt, from how I see it, and others, is that of the one who got it. BUT ... When I get hit, even though I am in the green zone and I remark that people should watch for friendly fire, then I get told to *Suck it up.*. Is it me, or is something completely off here? I can see when it is me who leaps into the line of fire, and when I am not. When I do, then for me, it's not a problem. But when it's the other way around, then the sabers are clattering loudly.

I found this relevant to mention here because it happens. I have learned to live with friendly fire. It happens, as I see it. But I will begin to respond if people start commenting to me about friendly fire. I would like to come with a suggestion. If people have an issue with friendly fire, then they should stay away from the frontline, and maybe stick to the roof, Hill 13-37 or the patio, or stop leaping up and into people's line of fire.

That was all, and remember.

The companion cube is not Your friend, and in fact, cannot speak.

To retort to what fox has said on this matter. I have seen that numerous times as well. I also have witnessed suggestions and friendly reminders taken the wrong way. It's unfortunate that people can and will get angry over small things like shooting the wrong person, or catching a friendlies with bullet spread. Be it they jump infront of your bullet or you pointed at them and shot it's bound to happen and will lead to aggravation between comrades. Alls I can say on this matter is, shrug it off.. If someone yells at you for an accidental shot, it's done and over with so you can't unshoot them. Saying sorry keeps moral up but wont stop the fact that they are back at their spawn (wtb time rewind powarz). Something Corsi and Tandem(I think) said once was, "If your getting angry at Ordo members in combat, It's time to leave the raid." That holds true to defense as well, Objectives can be reset if lost, enemies can be wiped out. However getting angry at Milites Bob because Bob has a talent for undershooting his mortar and killing 3~5 people during a heavy defensive measure.. Well you may as well shank morale cause yelling at a comrade wont make him preform better. (thats a bad example because after that point Milites Bob needs to put that mortar away and ++some trainings, but you get the point I hope).

Anyways! I have experienced that I have been fighting in Defense on the frontline. Litterally, on the frontline, where bullets are flying around the heads of us. I see people running / flying / leaping straight into the red zone.

If they enter the red zone, I personally wouldn't feel guilty. if it's a leap into the red zone, and they dance the line. "whoops, I turned, I saw, I shot." However if it's called in comms that Invictus is going to drop on the NE corner, I would be annoyed if someone got away with out a "Check Fire" atleast if they continued to pepper the area as Invictus dropped in.

++some trainings

trainings=-~trainings;

:3

On topic: To be honest I've only been shot once or twice by allies during defense. Its always on assaults. I tend to be shot at least two-to-three times during assaults by allies.

And even then I just mention it and say its no problem, just try to check fire a little bit more. Often if you have the time its also better to use IMs, I think, rather than publicly on vent where they might get more defensive/offended.

Fox,

Generally people tend to be all like "WTF WAI U B SHOOTIN ME HOMEDOG?!!?!!!1!?!11" when they run in front of your fire. Truth be told, I have been yelled at too for it. Best solution, in my experience, is just to apologize, weather it is your fault or not, and keep on shooting. Because in the end, as stated by Tsukiyomi, "Objectives can be reset if lost, enemies can be wiped out". We just have to keep on trucking and making sure we do out best to hold the line out there as a functional unit.

If I accidentally shoot a friendly and realize it, I apologize over coms and teleport them back. Three seconds of effort saves a lot of trouble. If you accidentally shoot someone /while they're going into the redzone/ and they immediately proceed to tell you about it in a bad way, tell them a Curia representative would be happy to evaluate their complaint.

Getting shot is one thing that can be remedied by a simple "I'm sorry" but when you get confronted by an unsportsmanlike person, then they immediately step into the wrong.

This is also a reminder: It's just a game. Remember that we're all here for the same reason: Fun. If you need to cool down, there's always a little red X at the top right hand of your screen, and accidents will always happen.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.