Clicky

Kithsuneca Eilde

Reason for Recent Inactivity

Recent Inactivity

Some people may have been wondering why I haven't been on SL at all, or on vent that much in the past week.

Well a few things have been going on recently and I feel maybe I should try to explain it the best I can, and maybe get some input on this.

First of all, the main reason. Ever since I joined the Ordo I had been excited about being a part of a group I can associate myself with and hang out with. I started to get on SL a lot more and hang out with the Ordo quite a lot, happy to be with a large group of people. However because of this I had forgotten about a group of friends I used to hang out with a lot on skype and talk with them a lot. The reason to it was because I had nothing in common with them, they were playing games that I didn't have, or were doing things that I couldn't be a part of, so I pulled myself away from them and was with the Ordo more then them. Well last week a friend from that group contacted me and asked me why I left them and why I wasn't talking to them anymore. I explained to them the reason being "I had nothing to contribute to the group. You guys were either playing World of Warcraft all the time or games I didn't have, and I felt like I didn't have anything to put into the conversations at all." My friend then talked to me and gave me some input that made me think. He gave me a big insight being "Even though you don't play the games we do, or have anything to put in about the conversations we have about what we do, we still love having you in the group with us. You're still our friend, and friendship is what counts more then games." With him saying that I thought hard about what was said and they invited me into the call where they all gave me some good insight. After talking they all pitched in to get me the games that they played, they said that they'd like me to join in the games with them and maybe have more input in the group. I accepted the offer and over the last week I had been playing games with them.

I've found that maybe I need to keep up my friendships I have with everyone and not just one group, friendships are important to me and I want to keep the friendships I have within the Ordo, and the friendships I have in my group. I'm not leaving the Ordo, that's something I will never do, but I need to find time to put into my friends I almost left behind. I'll be here and still get on SL when I'm not playing games with my friends, and do things within the Ordo even if I'm not as active as I was where I was on every hour of the day.

The Second reason I haven't been on is because of something I've been experiencing. For a while after being in the Ordo, I noticed quite a few of the people within the Ordo that used to talk to me all the time have either stopped talking to me or avoiding any conversations with me within the past month. And when I've tried to talk to them or bring up a conversation with some of these people it's either a quick hey, how are you, type of conversation then nothing else. Or no response at all... Which has me wondering if I've done something wrong, or I've lost my "Charm" of being a nice person in peoples eyes. I'm always nice, friendly and outgoing with everyone, but it feels like I've done something horribly wrong that people are ignoring and avoiding me. I know that I'm not the only one that's had this happen recently, but it still, hurts. So, I've been doing other things to keep myself busy and maybe give people a break from my presence because I personally thought it was because of me and something I've done.

Other then these reason above, I'll be still active within the Ordo, but I'm going to be also spending time with the friends I have on Skype that I've been playing games with recently. Because Moderation is important, and being away from my friends for almost 3 months I don't want to loose that friendship I have with them.

I'm being mindful of both situations why I've been away, so I'm trying to find out how to fix the second reason, the first reason I'm working on. But expect to see me on Vent more often then what I was this past week. But I'll also be on SL on base when I'm not playing games with my friends, so I'm not disappearing, just trying to split up time frames with friends and the Ordo. I don't want to Alienate either and spend time with one group only, I want to spend time with both. Friendship matters to me more then anything.

Trust me, I still need to get some activities pulled up for Raids and everything, plus you guys are like family to me so I'm not just going to leave the Ordo behind. So expect me to be on SL when I can, I'll find some things to pull up for activities. It's just a matter of Moderation now.

That's understandable Kith. And as far as I can tell, you haven't done anything wrong to make people not want to talk to you. Your a great guy and hanging out with you or just having a friendly conversation always makes my day brighter, as I'm sure it does to others as well. :) I look forward to seeing you online more. :3

As some mandatory reading material doth read:

#

# Sometime a month from now, after you've crammed yourself into every raid possible, volunteered to write fifty combat reports, finished every promotion exam you could, stayed up until 3 AM to make your officers proud . . . you'll realize that, wow, you're pretty burned out. So, to be blunt: know your limits. Take it slow! The Ordo has been around for years-- we're not going anywhere. We would much rather a member ease into participation and stick around for a long period of time, than power drive through a dozen assignments in a week and burn out to obscurity. Take it one day at a time: it's a lot to chew at first, but you'll get the hang of it. You'll start to realize a lot of people take breaks every so often, only to come back and get back to the grindstone. So don't worry at all if you need to!

That aside, there's nothing you've done wrong. Aside from worrying you've done something wrong! You're a swell person, to whom I like quite so! Talk to me more. :cool: