Clicky

Tsume Xiao

Airsoft Thread

So I figured it would be worth starting an airsoft thread.

Post your gear, stories about events & skirmishes, and any other related stuff.

Keep the thread on topic. Don't post whiny unrelated bullshit.

This includes whining about paintball. It isn't as cool and I frankly don't give a shit about what you think.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is some of my stuff.

AirsoftGuns.jpg

From Bottom to top

Ares TAR-21 Tavor

Type: AEG

Real Steel: IWI TAR-21 Tavor

FPS: 390

Power Source: 7.4v Lithium Polymer Battery

Notes: Fully Licensed w/ IWI Trades. Metal & Reinforced Polymer. Solid as a fucking rock. IT IS A TAVOR! IS THAT NOT AWESOME ENOUGH?!?!

G&G S.O.C. 16

Real Steel: Springfield Armory SOCOM 16 (16" Barrel M14)

FPS: 350

Power Source: 8.4v NiMH Sub-C Battery

Notes: Seen the most use of all of these guns. Sling is an actual Springfield Armory M1907 2-point leather sling. Weighs within 1 lb of the real steel. Metal + ABS.

KJWorks Mk.1

Type: Gas Pistol. Non-Blowback

Real Steel: Ruger Mk.1 + Bull Barrel

FPS: 435

Power Source: Propane

Notes: Takes down just like the real thing, just ask Zrazor. I have fired a real Mk.1. Fires too fast to be used in scenarios. Trigger pull is a bitch. ABS external + full metal internals.

UTG 47PE Warhawk Paratrooper

Real Steel: AKS-47

FPS: 320

Power Source: 8.4v NiMH 2/3 Stick Battery. Re-Wired w/ Deans Plugs

Notes: Despite lovely posing, the stock is broken and no longer attached. I bought this because the stock broke, I hate AK's. Its a CYMA based TM clone. It is for sale if you want it. Metal + Plastic + Fake Wood.

Double Elephant Generic Shotgun

Type: Pump-Action Spring Shotgun. Single Shot

Real Steel: None? Maybe some Mossberg Bastard Child

FPS: 300? Not sure.

Power Source: Spring

Notes: Cheap, old and amusing at best. Feeds from shell shaped magazines that load in the bottom. Can be slam-fired. Plastic + More Plastic.

Share Yours.

IMG_0117-Copy.jpg

L to R

Random Chinese MP5A6

Type: Spring

Notes: Got it in a box of "9 randomly assorted damaged airsoft guns" Ordered it many years back when I was just a kid, its the only one of the 9 that still works, The front sight is broken off, gun is completley useless. I only give it to idiots who play with me.

Crosman Pulse R70

Notes: Terrible gun, battery wires failing, ammo is fed thru the scope. Another gun I dont personally use, I just let morons I play with have it

Crosman Pulse R76 AKS-47U Spetsnaz

Notes: Probably the only good gun Crosman ever sold. It's falling apart though from years of neglect. Stock is getting weak, button on the stock isnt there anymore and must use finger, plastic is breaking in many places. and being held by glue or tape.

CYMA 028 AKM

Notes: My first airsoft gun, about a year ago it "broke" just recentley fixed it, it had about 9 BBs jammed in the feed area. This gun is actually illegal in my country due to it not having a translucent reciever. It's had better days, and has been replaced as my primary by the one to the right

SRC TAC AK47 (MW2 AK)

Notes: I have yet to actually use this, When I ordered it I didnt order a seperate battery. Full metal body, had a few issues unboxing it, dustcover was too long and had to file off a bit. Stock is a little wobbly and sights sometimes need to be readjusted.

Bottom row

Crosman Stinger S30

Type: Spring Shotgun

Notes: Another "wal-mart" brand, but like the name, this gun fucking hurts when you get shot in the wrong place, I've been beaned between the eyes before. But then again all spring powered rifles hurt.

Crosman Pulse DP80 (AKS-74U)

Type: AEG / Spring *dual powered*

Notes: Very small battery, confusing sights. Weak frame. 40 round magazine, takes too long to reload, jams frequently. I got this because I wasnt aware of all the flaws, this gun replaced the R76 In stores, and its terrible, the Spetsnaz AK was better in every way, and this gun is an insult to Kalashnikovs, even if its not a real gun

Sigarms P226

Notes: Wal mart brand, cheap but decent sidearm. Rarley used since I dont have a rifle sling, cant risk putting the guns on the ground when its wet out.

Desert Eagle

Notes: Unknown brand, from wal mart again, thus gun is an insult to its Real life variant aswell, holds a lot of ammo and is easy to operate but it has extremley weak FPS and terrible range/accuracy. I hardly ever use this. Its all bark and no bite

--

Not in my posession at the moment

SRC G36E

Notes: Has both rail sights and G36 Intigrated optics. Should be arriving in a few days

IMG_0141.jpg

SRC Gewehr 36E (G36E)

AEG

FPS:400

This arrived in the mail a few days after Christmas, like the AKM I haven't really had an opporutunity to take it out in an actual game. The most action either SRC gun has seen is a Snowman Genocide.

For many years I hated British and German weapons with a passion, I've developed a bit of a tolerance for HK, But I'll die before I pick up an L85. My only complaint about the Airsoft G36 guns is their odd battery placement. As the guns get bigger I find the batteries are harder to put in and get them to stay in properly. G36C and G36K arent as much as an issue since the handguard is smaller, but the G36/G36E and MG36 have very large handguards and can be difficult to get that to slide back on in some cases

I have two sets of sights, the integrated optics shown in the picture, and the traditional rail type that you see on G36Cs for example, I find the rails easier to use in most cases but the optics can prove useful in other cases.