Clicky

Wolf Shaman

Ordo General Meeting - 01JAN11

[18:02:22] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Obligatory starter, as always: welcome to this week’s meeting. Per the norm, please be certain to hold all questions and comments until provided the opportunity to speak. Interruptions will result in dismissal from the gathering. When you are provided the chance to speak, be sure to /shout/ your comments or questions—otherwise the recorder may not hear you. Thank you: let’s get to it.

[18:02:24] (COM): Mark Karlfeldt: oops

[18:03:03] Sambakza Resident (Channel 1): sling

[18:03:16] Aryte Vesperia: We will try to keep this fairly curt, as it is still a “holiday.” However, several topics to cover. That saaaaid . . .

[18:03:54] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 311

Cadets: 10

Applications

New: 15

Accepted: 2

Denied: 7

Review: 6

Combat

Defensive: 95 (how the fuck did we manage that with three holidays in this period? Lol)

Offensive: 9 (this too.)

Allied Assist: 0

[18:04:27] Aryte Vesperia: Oops-- note on apps: two in review now, four additional accepted.

[18:04:55] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes for this week: Ordo Imperialis forces have spearheaded a series of counter-assaults on Erebus early this week. After significant victories for the Ordo and an unrelated grid-banning of an Erebus officer, Erebus called for a ceasefire to regain their bearings. The cease fire expires as of today. Ordo will immediately be going back on the offensive. Thank you to everyone involved in these early morning /late night escapades—especially Ron Bleac, who has masterminded the efforts to keep Erebus on the defensive during our twilight hours.

[18:05:59] Aryte Vesperia: As a side note: it must be recognized that those of you who’ve stuck around for the long nights have been integral to keeping the Ordo Imperialis in proper presentation, even during hours SL combat is traditionally dead. It is extremely appreciated. Without you, we’d really be left without the ability to keep the battles rolling. As the winter break period begins to wind down, it is likely that our overall activity, even in these hours, will start to pick back up again. As such, some reinforcements will be available to help push the envelope even further.

[18:06:31] Aryte Vesperia: As a side, side note. TAC seems to hate Erebus more than they hate us. Somehow.

[18:06:44] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:06:46] Nrom Normandy raises his hand for Astra.

[18:06:47] FireFox Breed rises paw for Terra.

[18:06:52] Aryte Vesperia: Normandy, for Astra?

[18:06:59] Nrom Normandy: Happy New Year Ordo. I hope your holidays have been safe and merry. While the end of the week has been quiet, it have some notable Astra activities to discuss.

[18:07:10] Nrom Normandy: On Wednesday we had a little change from how we normally handle training events for Astra. Terra was given wings. Based on the reports, I can see that it was successful in changing some misconceptions about Astra's role in combat operations. I hope all Terra soldiers who had an opportunity to participate have taken away something from the experience. If any of you are still able to use Predators, let us know as that access must be removed.

[18:07:26] Nrom Normandy: Ron Bleac, Trinity Heckroth, Corsi Mousehold and myself had some bombing runs on Erebus Initiative this week, but it lasted a day before they closed down for repairs and to fix their equipment. Thank you for leading that, Ron. Expect that the bombings will continue once they let us back in. Ron has a week of vacation ahead, after all.

[18:07:46] Nrom Normandy: We had training completed this week. Thanks to DarkHades Demonia and Sebris Montpark for doing this - Ayaka is almost ready to move into a flight. Unfortunately, DarkHades decided to transfer back to Terra. We wish him luck. Ravenstevenski Blindside was added to the roster today and needs training as well. I know I still have some instructors that need phases observed, so let's get this done.

[18:08:06] Nrom Normandy: 2010 is behind us. It has been a difficult year for our division. The problems we encountered have not been corrected, but it is 2011 now. As I told Ethan, it is a prime number year. This is unique, and we should cherish the time ahead. This will be a successful year for Astra. It's not a matter of survival, but destiny. Keep your eyes to the sky, Ordo.

[18:08:26] Nrom Normandy: This concludes the weekly Astra report.

[18:09:08] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Additional reports for this evening?

[18:09:25] FireFox Breed raises his paw from his side, leaving it high above his head to signal for attention.

[18:09:32] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Breed, for Terra?

[18:09:42] FireFox Breed: From Teron for Antesignani: With Ante, as before - the holidays are keeping things fairly quiet still, expecting activity to pick up this coming week. The squad engaged in some of the Ordo trainings and as always, offensive and defensive operations. Nothing else major to report currently, Happy New Year from Antesignani.

[18:09:50] FireFox Breed: From Krow for Insidiae: Activity is fairly low, as to be expected from the holidays. We have been actively looking to recruit, so if you're eligible, come on down to Insidiae! We have multiple spots open. Merry Christmas and have a happy New Year, guys.

[18:10:03] FireFox Breed: From Eriksson for Invictus: Another slightly slower week as Christmas winds down and New Years draws closer. We plan on getting back to full activity beginning next week with many planned raids and trainings. Otherwise, short report is short. We wish everyone a happy New Year! See you all in 2011! Cheers!

[18:10:12] FireFox Breed: From Thatguy for Cohors B: Activity still a bit slow as the holidays are commencing. Switched out two of our CO's, Tsukiyomi Yuhara will be taking Eriksson Foxtrot's postition as the CO of Century I, Victrix. Williamca Zenovka will be taking Hollowmengitus Yifu's position as the CO of Century III, Liberatrix. With the new year in place, Cohors B will start to boost up activity as well as come up with some cool ideas to boost moral and activity within the Centuries. Happy New Year, Ordo.

[18:10:42] FireFox Breed: For me, I am sick as hell and I drank over $200 woth of booze over 2 days. So Yea that is all.

[18:11:27] Aryte Vesperia golfclaps.

[18:11:31] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports?

[18:12:16] Aryte Vesperia: Final call.

[18:12:48] Aryte Vesperia: All righty, moving on then.

[18:13:08] Aryte Vesperia: I. Holidays

[18:13:34] Aryte Vesperia: Today is .. pretty much the last holiday day for a long while! So enjoy the free time and eerie quietness. Starting tomorrow, we're back to normal grind in a new year.

[18:14:11] Aryte Vesperia: Frankly, I am quite excited to see what January and 2011 bring for us. If last years were any indication, the next few months will see dramatic rise of activity until a summer explosion.

[18:14:32] Aryte Vesperia: Our next several months will really be geared toward preparing /for/ summer. Summer is .. ridiculous for the SL combat community.

[18:15:24] Aryte Vesperia: Moving right along:

[18:15:33] Aryte Vesperia: II. Rank name modifications.

[18:16:06] Aryte Vesperia: As voting has determined, the rank names will be modified. We’ve left this hanging in limbo for a couple of weeks by accident—however the time has permitted some modification to existing documents that used the old rank names. After the new list is rolled out, please notify me if you run into any documentation that utilizes the outmoded list. For clarity, E-1 to E-8 and O-1 to O-5 will still be valid: there is no structural change, just name revisions.

[18:16:43] Aryte Vesperia: Any questions regarding that?

[18:17:33] Aryte Vesperia: Very good:

[18:18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Fashionably late. Yes, Iredell?

[18:18:38] Krow Ames shouts: (Shout plz?)

[18:18:54] Jayce Iredell shouts: Why can't we use easy to understand rank names that are more modernly themed, I realize we want a roman theme but not everyone speaks or cares to speak latin?

[18:19:20] Aryte Vesperia: Because that option was overwhelmingly rejected when the voting option was available.

[18:19:31] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional questiond?

[18:19:59] Aryte Vesperia: Questions, rather.

[18:20:34] Aryte Vesperia: All righty. Movin' along.

[18:20:42] Aryte Vesperia: III . Achievement system.

[18:21:24] Aryte Vesperia: Now for the big topic this evening. For several weeks now, I’ve been chewing on a sort of achievement system. The idea is that, although Armatura and Schola provide technical detail and some combat practice, and promotionary exams provide some information about command functions . . we really need more opportunity for individuals to press their combat skills to the maximum.

[18:22:53] Aryte Vesperia: Ludi was originally intended to fulfill this role. However, as we’ve all seen, the Ludi is pretty rarely utilized. So I’ve come up with a way to not only empower the Ludi, but give everyone a voluntary opportunity to earn special achievements and push themselves to further heights: the Achievement Rating Tiers (ART).

[18:24:43] Aryte Vesperia: Although the details are still being worked out (and will likely be fleshed out further after this meetin’), the basic idea is as follows:

[18:24:56] Aryte Vesperia: Utilizing the Ludi academy infrastructure, ART will provide award to individuals who push forward to higher learning voluntarily. The intended goals are to both provide a system of rating to allow for more fluid recruitment into elite stations and designation of prowess within relative form.

[18:25:38] Aryte Vesperia: ART and Ludi are not one in the same. However, they are complimentary in importance. ART is a rating scale, utilizing Ludi-like courses as learning material. ART testing and scoring, however, is entirely proprietary to the system. As such, if by chance an existing Ludi course is included in the ART, passing that Ludi course does not substitute any examination for rating within the ART.

[18:26:51] Aryte Vesperia: The ART is separated into two categories: Combativeness and Indoctrination. Combativeness is self explanatory—it focuses on shaping the warrior talents within Ordo members, providing designation of combat expertise through trials and real-time feats. Indoctrination is a rating of an individual’s mindset, predisposition, and embracing of group ideals.

[18:28:05] Aryte Vesperia: Prerequisite to participate in either tier is achievement of the rank of [E-3]. This is based upon the belief that prior to [E-3]; an individual should be focusing entirely on their Armatura and internal training regimens. In addition to which, [E-3] is viewed as the last rank before command responsibilities begin to engage—as such, any member can achieve and maintain the rank of [E-3], regardless of wishing not to be in a command role.

[18:29:04] Aryte Vesperia: An individual may participate in both Combatives and Indoctrination at the same time and entirely at their pace. Furthermore, there is no negative repercussion or mandatory requirement to partake in either. Tracking and administration of ART falls under the IEA, with direct reporting to the IEA command.

[18:30:08] Aryte Vesperia: Combatives and Indoctrination are separated into three tiers each. Tier 1 being the lowest and tier 3 being the highest. Each tier must be completed in order: an individual cannot go from tier 1 to tier 3. Completion of a tier will result in a special award that is displayable with all uniforms.

[18:31:12] Aryte Vesperia: These are tentative, but provide an example as to the “levels” and potential designation awards:

[18:31:25] Aryte Vesperia: >> Combatives

- Tier 1 (Neophyte): Red beret.

- Tier 2 (Aspirant): Blue beret.

- Tier 3 (Myrmidon): Green beret.

[18:32:36] Aryte Vesperia: >> Indoctrination

- Tier 1 (Neophyte): Single chevron leg band.

- Tier 2 (Aspirant): Double chevron leg band.

- Tier 3 (Myrmidon): Three chevron leg band.

[18:33:43] Aryte Vesperia: What’s left to do is really put together “what” constitutes each level of accomplishment. Thaaat will take some time to piece together, but we hope to get this online ASAP.

[18:34:18] Aryte Vesperia: Questions thus far?

[18:34:21] Bizcut Vanbrugh raises hand

[18:34:22] Kiki DeAllura (corsi.mousehold) raises his hand.

[18:34:29] Aryte Vesperia: Vanbrugh.

[18:34:38] Bizcut Vanbrugh: more of a observation really

[18:35:09] Bizcut Vanbrugh: but since Combative is a motion based event and Indoctrination is a thinking thing

[18:35:17] Bizcut Vanbrugh: it seems that the items are backwards

[18:35:52] Aryte Vesperia: I'm not sure I understand what you're saying?

[18:36:00] Bizcut Vanbrugh: well you think with your head

[18:36:03] Lord Killjoy The Obliterator (arokh.takakura): He means the hat, for thinking.

[18:36:10] Aryte Vesperia: Oh. Lol.

[18:36:11] Bizcut Vanbrugh: a hat is a head covering

[18:36:13] Krow Ames shouts: shout plz?

[18:36:25] Bizcut Vanbrugh shouts: sorry

[18:36:40] Aryte Vesperia: Mousehold?

[18:36:43] Kiki DeAllura (corsi.mousehold) shouts: I noticed that some of the berets have matching colors to current squad colors. Won't that create a bit of confusion?

[18:37:26] Aryte Vesperia: Potentially. Thankfully I have a manslave named Disembodied who can modify the beret colors quickly.

[18:37:40] Aryte Vesperia: Additional questions?

[18:37:48] Kiki DeAllura (corsi.mousehold) facepalms .... "Thank you sir."

[18:38:35] Tsukiyomi (tsukiyomi.yuhara) raises hand

[18:38:43] Aryte Vesperia: Yoohar-a?

[18:39:04] Tsukiyomi (tsukiyomi.yuhara) shouts: How is this different from merits other than hat/bands vs badges?

[18:39:44] Aryte Vesperia: Wearable with all uniforms, mostly.

[18:40:03] Tsukiyomi (tsukiyomi.yuhara) shouts: o.o; ok

[18:40:46] Aryte Vesperia: Complimentary merits could be added, but, eh, it just gets boring to keep adding merits. It's a less redundant display.

[18:41:00] Aryte Vesperia: Final call for questions?

[18:41:47] Aryte Vesperia: Righto. Last comment from me:

[18:42:09] Aryte Vesperia: IV. Utilizing the titles awards in place.

[18:42:57] Aryte Vesperia: .. that about explains it. Thus far, we’ve really not made any attempt to utilize the honor titles. The ART will help in that department, as “Myrmidon” is one of the available awards. Otherwise, the other titles—such as Warlord and Inquisitor—will find use in short accord.

The initial intent was to have special items available for each title. I will likely be releasing the white dress attire for title holders in addition to pursuing the other items.

[18:43:16] Aryte Vesperia: That said, turning the floor over to Praetorian Bleac.

[18:43:27] Ron Bleac shouts: Thank you, sir.

[18:44:03] Ron Bleac shouts: From December 28th onwards the Ordo has pursued combat operations against the Erebus initiative after a series of early morning attacks, in addition to their high command raiding us with a full force after their visitation rights were denied.

[18:44:48] Ron Bleac shouts: These attacks have largely been very succesful. Ordo has disrupted Erebus combat operations, and as Aryte mentioned earlier, they have retired to get their bearings after one of their command members was tragically banned. We wish them well and hope everything turns out well.

[18:45:11] Ron Bleac shouts: However, this brief cessation of hostilities is coming to an end. We expect Erebus to launch attacks against us tomorrow when we open our sim.

[18:45:41] Ron Bleac shouts: These will no doubt be very large, powerful attacks. But we will send them back. We will hold our line and we will defeat them. We may, in fact, strike first.

[18:46:04] Ron Bleac shouts: During the assaults on Erebus on the 28th of December, individuals such as Maverick Garfield, Corsi Mousehold, Nrom Normandy and Trinity Heckroth performed above and beyond the call of duty on the air and the ground.

[18:46:13] Ron Bleac shouts: I ask those of you who are here, will you be with me tomorrow, as well?

[18:46:29] Maverick Garfield: YES

[18:46:30] Vinnie Lei shouts: HELL YEH

[18:46:30] Kiki DeAllura (corsi.mousehold): /

[18:46:34] Kiki DeAllura (corsi.mousehold): Yes sir.

[18:46:39] Bizcut Vanbrugh: /shout AYE

[18:46:43] Hollow (hollowmengitus.yifu): Yes.

[18:46:43] Lord Killjoy The Obliterator (arokh.takakura) shouts: AND MY AXE

[18:46:45] Aryte Vesperia: I will. Provided I wake up in time .. !

[18:46:46] Steeltael Lykin: I'll be here.

[18:46:47] Bizcut Vanbrugh shouts: aye

[18:46:48] Disembodied Hand enthusiasticly shouts "Granted my interwebs work!"

[18:46:48] KithyWithy (kithsuneca.eilde) shouts: Yes, Sir.

[18:46:50] Huttser Solmunko (huttser.ishelwood) shouts: Do or die!

[18:46:51] Kiwi Foxtrot (eriksson.foxtrot) shouts: Yes sir.

[18:46:55] Markus Karlfeldt (mark.karlfeldt): no

[18:46:55] ??? (kalas.drascol) shouts: Sir Yes Sir~

[18:46:55] Zai Veknam (zerowinged.vasiliev) shouts: If needed.

[18:47:02] Ravenstevenski Blindside shouts: Yes Sir

[18:47:03] SoulBinder Wolfstein: I will be.

[18:47:08] Maverick Garfield shouts: YES SIR MY SHOTGUN IS YOURS

[18:47:11] Ron Bleac shouts: Most excellent. We must make our message clear:

[18:47:18] Wulf Lykin: i will be there

[18:47:21] Tsukiyomi (tsukiyomi.yuhara) shouts: and my axe!

[18:47:24] Agares Tretiak shouts: The earth will be stained with their blood.

[18:47:29] Pr0wer Miles shouts: and my bow

[18:47:39] Hunter Abrams shouts: AND MY BSWORD

[18:47:46] Disembodied Hand: calma.

[18:47:57] Ron Bleac shouts: They must make no mistake, we are here to defeat them in battle. They wished for war, now they have it. We will surge against their line of battle, breaking against it like waves upon rocks, and we will overcome! We will wash their sins away with their own blood.

[18:48:20] Maverick Garfield shouts: HOORAH

[18:48:41] Phares Nicholls (phares.sarjeant) shouts: huzzah

[18:48:56] Ron Bleac shouts: As you know, this combat operation has been named Operation Balaklava, after the 600 cavalry who charged Russian guns in the Crimean war. Their bravery, dignity and resolve will be our example. We must lead the charge and we will do or die.

[18:49:31] Ron Bleac shouts: Make no mistake! I require of all of you your utmost effort in the coming days. This will be the largest troop mobilization the Ordo has seen in the past year and most likely, this coming year.

[18:50:05] Ron Bleac shouts: We will defeat them. They will pay the price for waking the slumbering giant.

[18:50:18] Ron Bleac shouts: Tomorrow.

[18:50:21] Ron Bleac shouts: We.

[18:50:23] Ron Bleac shouts: Dine.

[18:50:26] Ron Bleac shouts: In.

[18:50:31] Ron Bleac shouts: .. Ziost.

[18:50:42] Aryte Vesperia: .. lmao.

[18:50:43] Ron Bleac shouts: That is all.

[18:50:43] Maverick Garfield shouts: BLOOD

[18:50:53] Maverick Garfield shouts: BLOOD NOW

[18:50:56] ??? (kalas.drascol) shouts: inb4 ordo getting shoved over a cliff in slow motion

[18:51:52] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Ron. And the Persians got shoved over the cliff, Kalas. >;[

[18:52:26] ??? (kalas.drascol) shouts: I retract my statement.

[18:52:31] Maverick Garfield shouts: we shall make a wall of there bodies

[18:52:35] ??? (kalas.drascol) shouts: *their

[18:53:11] Aryte Vesperia: All rightyyyy. Promotions will be up tomorrow. Feel free to send any late PRFs/recommendations until then. You may all frolic about for the rest of the evening and enjoy the holiday-- feel free to call trainings or what not. We'll be open for normal business tomorrow. SO enjoy the time while ya' have it.

[18:53:16] Aryte Vesperia: That said. Dismissed and good meeting.

[18:53:17] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.