Clicky

Qoph

Help SirCorn fix his mouse problems

So lately you may have seen me firing off into the air or in random directions away from the attackers, especially during that last DF defense. I'm not blind and I didn't forget how to aim. The problem is that my mouse is lagging so bad that if I make a sudden movement, or even a not so sudden one, my mouse spins out of control. So when an enemy jumps, my view shoots up and I fire off into the sky, and when they're running to the side I spin and fire into buildings (or Ordo). I obviously can't fight like this, because it's both impossible and intolerable to do so. It's basically taking all of the fun out of my combat.

So I need your guys help. If you're computer experts, or if you've overcome the same problems, I could use any advice you might have. Here are a few fancy bullet points with some details:

• This only affects SL. Even other graphically intensive programs or games are unaffected.
  • The problem isn't the mouse. See above, and also the same thing happened with a different one.
  • My FPS is where it's always been according to the stats bar, but it feels like it's lower. I'm not sure if that's imagined or if the stats bar is wrong somehow.
  • This started being noticeable a few weeks ago, and it's gotten considerably worse within the past week.
  • I came home for spring break last Friday, I don't know if that would have anything to do with it.

Perhaps if you have a tablet, you should move your pen away from it while on SL. I've learned that my tablet (Genius G-Pen F509) loves to make SL spin out of control if I leave my pen resting on the tablet, or even near the tablet when I'm not working, but has no control over other applications (like Bad Company 2, or regular mouse movement even, as the pen isn't moving, etc).

If that is not the case, try checking other devices, like a joystick/spacenav, or whatnot as your issue seems to be more based around SL accepting some sort of input from a hardware device, in contrast to some sort of SL bug(?).

Guest Afevis

Control Panel - Programs - Add/Remove Programs - Intellipoint / Microsoft Intellipoint (or something like that.)

Uninstall that, then restart your computer, hop on SL and see if it's still doing it.