Clicky

Gen Scientist

[GUIDE] Galaxy Map & Time Line

Ok, I've seen that many of us, I include myself are confuse about what should we add and how.

MAPS

The next map was made for Agares, it's how our fictional galaxy would look like.

/>http://i54.tinypic.com/2ujqag9.jpg

RACES

Now here's a list of the exo-races (non-Ordo affiliation) that were mentioned on this thread by Agares (wich means that they're official):

• Exonari

• Gaunts

• Teristi

NOTES

Sir Tiridates said:

A) It would be a major pain in the ass trying to fit the inconsistent, bizzaro "fluff" of say, VG, or 2142, into our own.

B) It would cause major hooplah if we were to directly reference them in our materials, and could lead to all manner of headaches and drama.

C) We can do better than making a group of drooling infants like Valor an opposing faction, not to mention VG.

Sun T- Agares said:

Not Ordo genetic experiments. We wish to avoid mary-sues: Even the Guard are going to be clearly vulnerable, if extremely difficult in some cases to kill or overwhelm.

This means if you want it to be Official Ordo Canon, try to avoid being a ten thousand year old dragon, demon, angel, etc. Avoid characters who were created solely as warriors (Not even Agares fits this concept), of peerless match.

Please consider your own rank and position, though a bit of pushing the envelope is fine. If you feel too attached to your particular namesake character, you may wish to create one solely for the purpose of the story line. While clearly non-human characters are fine, massive giants outstripping the Guard in height, for instance, are a no go. Etc. Try to be reasonable, basically. As we flesh out more basic information about the "Ordo Universe", some of the limitations and boundaries you'll face will be clearer, and the expectations will help govern any hopefuls for the official canon.

I think we should proooobably draw up an FAQ for this, and possibly make sub forum for "Official" Ordo related literature.

THIS SHOULD NOT DISSUADE YOU FROM BEING CREATIVE OR WRITING COOL STORIES ABOUT YOURSELVES OR CHARACTERS YOU CREATE. Simply consider it a few things to consider, if you want it to fit into a more formal, official capacity of the Ordo.

This is for literary and role-play purposes

Edited by Gen Scientist

I have a WIP map that's a bit more detailed and expansive. I'm working out details with Tiri

Blue indicates Ordo Imperialis holdings. Orange indicates the zones of contention where constant open conflict exists. Yellow is the Galactic Core which is composed of dead planets and extremely high levels of radiation and other stellar hazards. Red indicates Generally known enemy held space. This includes all enemies, including some we might not even be aware of.

Purple indicates parts of the galaxy completely unexplored and unknown to Imperial cartographers at the time of this map being made.

(Click on it to get a larger version)

I'm still working things in, but VG and most other groups will not be included on the map.

It would be cool for the sake of an 'Extended Universe' with regard to future Ordo literature and histories. Not necessarily having anything to do with SL itself, more for the token of understanding the far-reaching basis for stories that people would want to write. Like Star Wars! :D

Does that make Tiri and Agares like, a two-headed George Lucas?

More like Issac Asimov and Frank Herbert putting their heads together after having a go at studying Roman history.

Essentially, that is exactly what Tiri and I are trying to set the stage for: A consistent, extended Ordo Imperialis universe. As to taking it too far, I'm curious what that means, Kastrenzo?

Sentinels and Tiri's history are currently the two "official" background works as they actually will tie in together and help set the stage for technology, terminology, cultural concepts, historical context, Ordo's wider organization and scope of influence, and so and so forth down the line. We urge anyone who's writing material related to the Ordo to begin to refer to those two works to help them make a consistent presentation to the Ordo Universe. We may need to write an FAQ, too.

Also adding an updated map soon here, with some markers and and planetary names, as well as some regions of space with clear names.

Taking it too far as to with Mercz, their group used to be some kind of Futuristic Russian, Ukrainian I dont know what military with no backstory at all. Frankly just people who shot shit on SL.

Anthony started making some kind of backstory that from what I heard extended to like 10 pages and I honestley Can't even understand it, Because in Mercz's little universe it has like 4 fictional countries in some fictional world, and every time you turn around they've shifted the theme of their group to reflect some other part of that fictional world, completley or almost completley abandoning all aspects of their previous theme, making it redundant and irrelevant.

Long story short the extent that they took their non-relevant history *IE all fictitious stuff that never happened* to the level that a lot of people think is silly.

Im saying this as a former veteran of Mercz. I think the level they took their backstory is foolish, and ceased to even matter with the group itself in SL, I Think there's been more text and paragraph put into the history of Graznovik, Produgal/Portugal whatever the hell its all called, then is put in some of the official documents like handbooks and manuals.

What? Oh, no. Nothing like that. We use the Ordo as a basis for a more complex and diverse universe, but it'd still be recognizable as the Ordo. We won't change the Ordo itself, to fit the backstory, mainly because we're being pretty careful about how we put out the backstory, carefully avoiding mention of -any- enemy factions, or for that case, allied ones (The current exception being Badnarik because I thought it was funny to put it on my map).

post-129-0-40527600-1303589857_thumb.jpg

Updated my map.

The red and purpose areas are blank, for a number of reasons. The Ordo's enemies there are generally unknown, and bizarrely alien. The Ordo's primary objective is conquest and expansion of resources rather than absolute annihilation of it's enemies, though it has and will destroy anything hat is deemed too great a threat or is unwilling to bow to the Senate and Imperator. Numerous planets have been left unnamed precisely so other writers can fill in details as they write, and indicate where they might be in relation to other areas.

For instance, Far Reach is fairly peaceful, and has numerous well established worlds, but the vast majority of the area is still not settled or thoroughly mapped and explored, leaving it a sort of mysterious and unexpected frontier, though it's well within Ordo space.

The Paladian Expanse is the most densely populated and extensively explored area of Ordo space, with a dense collection of productive, thriving worlds that serve under the banner of the Senate.

The Colonial expanse, in the south, is an area the Ordo recently drove out a large, but disorganized enemy species, and has began to colonize planets and integrate tyro states or smaller collectives of planets or systems into the fold of the Imperium. IT's wild, unpredictable, and dangerous, with only a moderate Ordo presence. The Contested Areas are the frontier of the Ordo's massive military expansion, where the Ordo engages various enemy factions and races. Many of the worlds there may have once been unified in the past, but currently hold no allegiance to the Ordo. Others are settled by aliens like the Exonari, Gaunts, and Teristi, and are part of their own "empire".

Etc, etc.

I personally think we need more story implemented, there are some that do enjoy a little bit of role-play. I've built galaxies myself, I would move it out of the milky way, thats just another tack that could hold back a bit of expansion and ideas. Configure or build something unique.

I like the map, though I think a bit more transparency on the colors so one could see the layout of the galaxy behind it. If you need some unique or even random names for races/planets/locations/individuals let me know, I seem to be damn good at putting them together.

I have been somewhat absent, I'm afraid, but I'm going to be putting together some general guidlines for aspiring writers and contributors to try and create an overall consistency in our Fluff. In addition Agares and I will be working together to create a comprehensive set of reference materials covering everything from Spacecraft and infantry weapons and tactics to the political and social structuring of the Imperium.

At some point, I will even create a basic guide to how interstellar commerce functions in this universe.

A note as to why we consciously ignore SL factions in our reference materials (though some may be vaguely hinted at or poked at):

A) it would be a major pain in the ass trying to fit the inconsistent, bizzaro "fluff" of say, VG, or 2142, into our own.

B) It would cause major hooplah if we were to directly reference them in our materials, and could lead to all manner of headaches and drama.

C) we can do better than making a group of drooling infants like Valor an opposing faction, not to mention VG.

There are great ways to implement and adapt characters stories and groups subtlety and creatively without repercussion or suspicion. :tongue: Not saying we should, but we're not without options, open options always bring about a great story, as well as allow others to adapt there own though minor modifications. I wrote my own story galaxy in light of this concept.

Edited by Xoza Tyron

Err. Probably not Ordo genetic experiments. We wish to avoid mary-sues: Even the Guard are going to be clearly vulnerable, if extremely difficult in some cases to kill or overwhelm.

This means if you want it to be Official Ordo Canon, try to avoid being a ten thousand year old dragon, demon, angel, etc. Avoid characters who were created solely as warriors (Not even Agares fits this concept), of peerless match.

Please consider your own rank and position, though a bit of pushing the envelope is fine. If you feel too attached to your particular namesake character, you may wish to create one solely for the purpose of the story line. While clearly non-human characters are fine, massive giants outstripping the Guard in height, for instance, are a no go. Etc. Try to be reasonable, basically. As we flesh out more basic information about the "Ordo Universe", some of the limitations and boundaries you'll face will be clearer, and the expectations will help govern any hopefuls for the official canon.

I think we should proooobably draw up an FAQ for this, and possibly make sub forum for "Official" Ordo related literature.

THIS SHOULD NOT DISSUADE YOU FROM BEING CREATIVE OR WRITING COOL STORIES ABOUT YOURSELVES OR CHARACTERS YOU CREATE. Simply consider it a few things to consider, if you want it to fit into a more formal, official capacity of the Ordo.

Also, I'd like to see more works that doesn't make the Ordo Imperialis look epic. I mean it's an Empire, there should be good people and bad people, write stuff about treason, pillage and rape.

It's just literature, so I think we won't have problems with it.

EDIT:

Examples:

• Curia killing the wrong people

• A Tribunus attempt to kill the Imperator

• Heretics on the domains of Ordo

• Drug dealers on the empire and Curia crushing their heads (lol)

Edited by Gen Scientist