Clicky

Devastator Bluebird

Global Agenda: Free Agent

I've played Global Agenda since it's final phases of Beta. Regrettably, it's gone from a decent game to so much of an amalgam of genres that none of the features it has stand out, and everything is suffused with a sort of mediocre half-finished feel. Personally, I wish I had never bought the game when it first came out. The biggest improvement yet is when it was made free to play entirely after purchase, but it's still hardly worth playing. I would strongly suggest -against- people purchasing this game if they enjoy FPS games or RPGs, Global Agenda tries to be both, and fails miserably at both.

http://www.globalagendagame.com/

Yeah. Looks like High-Rez finally got smart and made this game Free-to-Play. The cool feature of it though is that you can purchase the game as well for $20, and it unlocks "Elite Agent" status permanently, which grants a few nifty quirks like increased EXP, Money, and good item gain by a bit, but it seems like it's not totally game-busting.

The game's free, and actually FREE. All content and levels are unlocked, and the In-game cash store is usable to anyone. You don't even need RL money for it, looks like. The In-game store uses In-game currency and is rather limited so-far to simple booster packs for EXP, money, etc. They're planning to add cosmetic stuff and special weapons / armor (Most-likely vanity stuff) that could be bought for RL money, but I haven't read much about it.

Downloading now.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. If you purchased the game before they made it free-to-play, High-Rez has automatically bumped your account to Elite Agent status. No monthly fees either.

Edited by Lanny Ansar

I bought this game for 49.99 pre-ordered it. Played it in Beta, they ruined it with their SandStorm patch. nuff said. I had all 4 classes lvl 50 before I finally quit when HiRez broke AvA and made it so one alliance won all the time no matter what.

Edited in rant: (note: based on when I played)

Snipers are utter bullshit, it takes 6k damage to build your boost ability. Snipers do 2.4k average meaning they get their boost every 3 shots. which guess what!? Makes them do more damage. They have no unique hit boxes, so headshots = body shots. Which is nice, makes sniping easier. However they broke the living hell out of the burst damage. Plus, to top it off, Recon's 2nd boost ability is a NUKE. 100m, goes through walls, kills everyone, NUKE. Yea, GG guise. a Nuke every 3 shots. I hope to god they nerfed that.

And now that the rants over:

Medics and assaults are, alright but Robotics was fun as hell, I strongly suggest you try them out, Also, if anyone tells you drones suck. Smack them, drones rock. If you want to have fun though, in all, honest to goodness fun. Super Agent spec Drone Robo. It's fun as hell, made the game worth it for a long time Imo. Medics in that game take ALOT of skill to be good though. It's hard to keep up healing properly since there are no magazines. All the weapons/gear uses a energy bar. Granted the energy cost scales per weapon, and you get a good regen on it. Also, by gear using energy I mean just your jetpack. The turrets, walls, grenades, etc. Those just have cooldown timers. Which really was a good way to do it.

It used to be a good game, imo. However the Sandstorm patch epicly ruined the game. However on that note, I wonder if my account is still active.

I played the demo for a while, I may play it a little more, user name is always the same.

All Demos have been granted "Free Agent" Status, while any other pre-paid accounts have been automatically given "Elite Agent" status. Apparently they've also patched the living crap outta the game (Patch 1.4 Currently.) I'm definitely going to try this out.

Tsuki, if you come back, just know that you won't be paying a monthly fee anymore either. If you paid them already, you don't need to do it again. Same goes with Free accounts. Upgrading to Elite Agent is now just one flat $20 charge.

On second thought, I can't even try this game. I've installed it from two separate sources (Steam AND their main site), and both times I get everything patched and ready, and when I launch it, it crashes immediately with this giant crash report that says that even THAT can't be sent.

Y'know what, fuck it. I'll find something else to do.

I had high hopes when it was in beta with trailers and development gameplay.

I played it for about an hour until I got high enough level to do PvP. I laughed every single time I saw it go on sale on steam until finally it's F2P. They milked every last drop they could out of this game, and frankly, it shows. I thought it was horrible....everything.

My fun lasted until the end of the tutorial. Not worth the time imo.