Clicky

Arokh Takakura

Post your workspace!

post-1105-0-21765400-1382891171_thumb.jp

To start my setup off, I only play using a laptop for the time being, because I can't afford to build myself a decent PC, so I really have to make-do with what I have and just build up how I'm going to use my future setup. It might also be extremely obvious by reading through this, I may as well be a walking advertisement for Razer with how much of their gear I have.

System -- ASUS Republic of Gamers G74Sx: I got this in the summer of 2011 thanks to my extremely generous dad who heard me talk about how the laptop I had before (A Gateway FX P7805-u) was steadily losing its steam and performance. He walked into the nearest Best Buy one day and came back to my brother's house (since we were visiting, at the time) with the ASUS in his arms; I couldn't be happier to have an actual gaming-dedicated laptop. Right now its specs are somewhat low-end (which is why I want to buy/build a new PC) but it still runs just about every game I throw at it like an absolute champ -- granted, it's gotten to a point where I can't run at top settings without insane frame-rate droppage, especially with some recent games.

It came equipped with an Intel Core i7-2630QM at 2 GHz, 8 GB of RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M which has 2 GB of on-board memory.

Monitor -- ASUS VS228H-P: I've already gushed over this particular monitor enough, but it's easy to understand why: This is my first-ever 1080p monitor, the first time being able to use 1920x1080 resolution on my laptop. 

Mouse -- Razer Naga: I've been using this brand of mice for the past four years and it's never failed me once -- and since I'm a heavy MMO gamer, it's been perfect for me. For those who don't know, the Naga has twelve programmable buttons on the side that is, by default, bound to the regular twelve hotkeys in an MMO -- and it can be switched betwee the regular number keys and the number pad keys, useful for those who don't have a numpad on their laptop. Since I have the oldest model, though, I have two extra buttons on the top left of the mouse, itself -- current models have them underneath the scroll wheel.

I'm currently using the Razer Naga 2014, which is the most recent model after having my second Naga for a little over a year by the time of purchase. It's got a twelve-button mechanical key pad for use in MMOs.

For a mouse pad, I have the Razer Vespula, which is a dual-sided pad made for "control" and "speed." It sits on top of a rubber pad and can be easily flipped over.

Keyboard -- Razer Anansi: The Anansi is optimized for use in conjunction with the Razer Naga -- it has seven programmable modifier buttons at the bottom of the keyboard, using all combinations of Shift, Control, and Alt possible. This pretty much gives seven extra sets of keybindings.

Audio -- JVC HARX700CAD U1 USB Microphone: Recommended from Afevis (if I remember correctly), I'm coming from use in Surround Sound headsets that were great to use, but I decided to go for something a bit more...professional, I suppose. I also got the pop filter for the microphone because reasons.

Joypad -- Xbox 360 Wired Controller: I have a Logitech controller, and I switched from that to the Razer Onza whose right trigger is now dislodged to be extremely twitchy and extra-sensitive to the point where I might as well not even bother using it. I subscribe to the notion that despite my personal opinions on the Xbox 360, its default controller is still the most comfortable on the market, and the wired version is one of the cheapest to get for a PC. I use it on games that just play better and more comfortably with a controller (Batman: Arkham Asylum & Arkham CityDust: An Elysian TailDark Souls) and I use it as my go-to flight controller in the ArmA games.

Other Peripherals -- Razer Orbweaver: I love having an extra keypad for the convenience. When the OI was still a Second Life military, I exclusively used a Belkin n52te/Razer Nostromo for day-to-day activities, and then I switched to the Logitech G13 which had more keys and other nifty features like on-board applications for Teamspeak, World of Warcraft, and profile switching. I gave that to a friend of mine just recently as a small repayment for taking me in and letting me live with him and his wife for the past five months. I just now bought the Razer Orbweaver which is a mechanical keypad designed as an upgrade and a step up from the Nostromo, with 20 main keys instead of just 14 on the Nostromo.

I'm pretty much set in the way of peripherals when the time comes that I can build myself a decent PC (whenever that time comes).

Edited by CaptainFishSticks

Time to update! It's been three years since my post. I've moved up to having built my own computer as of February 2015 and slowly been upgrading it ever since. I moved everything into a brand new case as of about a month ago.

oXSrHbs.jpg

UAui0QW.jpg

zCUClCG.jpg

pHCUPug.jpg

dlGbggC.jpg

Intel i7-4790k OC'd to 4.4GHz (Base 4.0GHz)

Corsair Hydro H80i GT 120MM CPU Watercooler

16GB DDR3 2400 MHz

MSI Gaming X GeForce GTX 1070 8G

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard

1x 256GB Crucial MX100 SSD

1x 250GB Intel 535 SSD

2x WD Caviar Blue 7200 RPM HDD

EVGA Supernova G2 750w Modular PSU

Corsair Graphite 780t Full-Tower Case

Peripherals are:

Razer Mamba Chroma TE

Razer Naga Chroma