Clicky

Rei Kuhr

Rest In Peace...

Ill miss him.

(does his best impression)

In a world of epic movies.....passion...fury...desire...drive...and determination, the world must now look back and listen to the thunderous and bone rattling sound of...."

*silence*

[Religious disclaimer]

I'm sure you've passed on, and I know that wherever you are, you're doing great. Heck, now heaven and hell can have a great voice over actor...picture it now...

A man in the utter pitch blackness of void, an undenyably and indescribibly beautiful male angel with scarred and scabbed wings that look beaten and broken stands before the man.

Satan: You've been a bad boy haven't you.

Man: N-no...I was a good boy.

Satan: I don't know, lets go to the trailer of your life...

The Voice: An event, 30 years in the making...coming soon to an afterlife near you, we bring you: "The Life of _____". Hear how when he was 4 years old he spit in the face of authority and colored on the walls with permanent marker, Marvel how the recklessness of his teenage years rock the very sands of time with the moment where he faked out his first girlfriend by pretending to put on a condom when he really wasn't. And as if that wasn't sinful enough...this guy was a furry.

This upcoming afterlife, _______ is....Going to hell..."

Man: Damn. I really WAS bad wasn't I.

Satan: Mm hmm, and with this THX system we just got installed it really puts damnation into perspective.

Since probably most of us here have heard of Major Dick Winters through the TV-series "Band of Brothers," by HBO, I'd like to point out that he wasn't just a hero on the telly.

Here's his list of decorations.

Distinguished Service Cross

Bronze Star (2)

Purple Heart

Presidential Unit Citation

American Defense Service Medal

National Defense Service Medal

European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal

World War II Victory Medal

Army of Occupation Medal

Croix de guerre

French Liberation Medal

Oorlogskruis

Belgian WWII Service Medal

Good Conduct Medal

Combat Infantryman Badge

Parachutist Badge

Fun fact about his Distinguished Service Cross. It's the second most valorous reward in the military history of the United States, right after the Medal of Honor. Dick Winters was originally recommended for the Medal of Honor for his conduction of a critical assault on three, 105MM German artillery pieces at Normandy. This is known as the Brecourt Manor Assault. Still studied by West Point students today. The only reason he *didn't* receive it was due to branch quotas. Lieutenant Colonel Cole had already received one for his legendary bayonet charge, now known as "Cole's Charge."

The Brecourt Manor assault, as portrayed in Band of Brothers.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irqh310Ya4E

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWGrDAn9Fwc&feature=related

I remember my 3rd grade art teacher told me his real name, and I asked her how she knew it... and it was because her husband was his cousin.

And Agares, that L4D Soundpack is both hilarious and inappropriate for the moment. :<

I am assuming it was made before he passed away?

For fans of the Jackass Series and films... i bring sad news

Ryan Dunn, has diead at the age of 34

/>http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jkgwZXOhOYBk7a1HN6Bylx3BWJpQ?docId=CNG.b4ee8bec3b9c4139dd0a5b87e471ccee.5e1

I am a bit sad that one of the major players in the early PC industry is dead, but I am rather annoyed that every article paints what was essentially a rather ruthless businessman as a "visionary" whereas Steve Wozniak barely gets a mention (if he is mentioned at all), despite the fact he kind of built the foundation of Apple itself while Jobs was merely the one who sold it (and did a bit of a piss-poor job of it at first).

When Wozniak dies, he will not be on the cover of every magazine on earth. This is sad.