Clicky

Cyphre Iredell

Planetside 2

48 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your preferred faction?

• Terran Republic
    • New Conglomerate
    • Vanu Sovereignty

Nah, they don't even have certifications in, yet. Mostly, they're doing mass armor combat around main facilities. And the game's uh.... graphics rendering? Hasn't been optimized? So if you're in a jet or something and you can see the ground while you're flying really Ffffing fast, it'll start getting super choppy, then crash. It's rough. There are a lot of features missing.

Posted by RadarX

There are a ton of changes with this latest build, so needless to say I’m only going to cover some of the highpoints. Because of the extent of the modifications to players we’ve had to do a character wipe. However, the amount of new stuffTM is definitely worth checking out.

High level changes:

• Capture Points will now use King of the Hill mechanics to determine ownership.
  • Some Certifications have been enabled. Weapon attachments removed from starting loadout as well as explosives can be reacquired via these Certs.
  • Implants and Vehicle Weapons now available for purchase with Araxium in the Marketplace.
  • Vehicles now can no longer be piloted by other players until original owner creates new vehicle.
  • Weapon and vehicle tuning has been done across the board as well as various bug fixes.
  • New characters now begin with starting weapons.
  • Various fixes and changes to bases and outposts have been made.
  • Security Consoles now go through a re-encryption period after a facility is captured before another Empire can attempt to claim it.
  • Players can now Hot Drop to Hotspots from the Map.
  • The Grief System has been enabled to dissuade players from killing members of their own team. Further work is ongoing.
  • Region ownership is persistent.
  • Stat tracking has been re-enabled.
  • Players can access the Facility Leaderboards using the Tab key.

Bug fixes by popular demand:

• Biolab’s now have shields on the secondary teleporter room doors.
  • Screen shake has been toned down.
  • Inverting look and fly no longer cancels each other out.
  • New Conglomerate Reflex Sights work again.
  • The issue where the world would flicker has been fixed.
  • The issue causing motion blur to re-enable after turning it off in the Settings UI has been fixed.
  • Players should no longer respawn with ironsights locked on after dying while using ironsights.

The Following are Known Issues:

• Users receive a G14 when logging out of the game.
  • Player collisions with vehicles do not always cause the player to die.
  • Region influence of 75% adversely affects region capture.

My key came from their twitter.

you may be a fluke? I only say so because every other twitter or "priority beta" key ive talked to hasnt gotten yet, and their official statement on time release says that right now it -should- be only active and inactive PS1 vets (inactive if they signed up for beta before launch)

Does anyone play this? I got beta access but dont have time to play it. I wouldnt mind making time for a moderate sized ordo night though. From what ive seen and from my PS1 experience I think this could have a good chance of being a fun alternative event for Ordo. Its free, its massive, it requires special tactics, team-building condusive. ect.

You know, thats the server i played on and I saw a RIff and thought ... nooo thats too convenient.

in other news, so far the beta has:

• 8.5 billion points of damage done to players
  • 5.8 billion points of damage done to vehicles
  • 535 million shots fired
  • 194.6 million shots hit
  • 6.3 million player deaths
  • 2.3 million rockets launched
  • 571 thousand grenades thrown
  • Empire allegiance breakdown:
  • Terran Republic: 34.67%
  • New Conglomerate: 32.96%
  • Vanu Sovereignty: 32.37%