Clicky

Wolf Shaman

Ordo Weekly Meeting - 09JUL11

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Meeting start. As a reminder: all questions, comments (etc) are to be held until given the opportunity to speak. When that opportunity is provided, be sure to raise your hands. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the meeting.

=============

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 318

Cadets: 7

Applications

New: 13

Accepted: 1

Denied: 4

Review: 8

Combat

Defensive: 98

Offensive: 18

Allied Assist: 0

======

Diplomacy

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes: some notable mentions to go over. Foremost, the 39th Blackwatch has been confirmed as a friendly/allied party. Their region is not currently open, however once it is, we will still combat with them. Otherwise, the Ordo will provide support to the organization when available. Additionally, we’ve been butting heads with RCU over the week—they’ve been repeatedly pushing and prodding until EM’s have to backhand them for infractions. In one event, a member mouthed off saying “he wasn’t listening” when an admin asked them to cease. So he got bitch slapped. RCU has answered it by sending us nastygrams and letters about how mean we are. Haha. Typical.

===

Unit Reports

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:03] WolfShaman Warrior raises his hand.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Warrior.

[18:03] WolfShaman Warrior shouts: Greetings form Astra! - Training queue Remains low, with Dropship and Astra Leadership training being developed. General Training Remains steady. We've conducted another Roster audit and are working to clear out the extended (year Plus) inactives and bring our reserves roster to a more managable state. Also, Pew Pew with Alliance Navy. No update for Letalis this week. That should about do it for us this week.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Terra?

[18:04] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Woo

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Yifu.

[18:05] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: Invictus: Overall a pretty standard week, Invictus came in from the blazing skies and rocked people's worlds when they thought the coast was cleared. On another note we would like to thank Keller for delievering yet another great gun to our squad! Solid feel to it and is slowly becoming more popular than the Celeritas so we would love to say thank you for the hard work :d (who still needs to explain this face to me D:). As for the next week expect to see a few notices for a brief get togethers ranging from a small meeting and the standard raid calls.

[18:05] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: Evalidus: Development of the squad proper is now well under way. Logo and gear concept threads are up on our forums, Evalidus members should go check them out! On that note however, we're pretty sure on what we want for our second weapon slot. In addition to all this myself and Awanken are in the process of writing a squad handbook to help solidify the foundation of the squad. Next! We have plenty of slots open so feel free to express your interest to either myself of Awanken Wasp. Finally quite a bit planned for next week, so squad members stay tuned!

[18:06] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: Insidiae: Insidiae would like to welcome Dresden Xaris and Jeffery Worbridge into our ranks. Earlier this week Insidiae led a small strike force to CATI, pinning them in base while outnumbered 5 to 14, a flawless victory considering we were getting yelled at for using bolt action rifles. In other news, we still have opening so get those applications in. :]

[18:06] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: It was also 100% IAC personnel.

[18:06] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: Praescius: A few things to note this week for Praescius! I am pleased to welcome our new Executive Officer, Ookamiwulf Lemton! Feel free to ask him any questions that you might ask me. Additionally, Praetor Evocati Ron Bleac has elected to become Praescius' attached Praetorian. We also have a shiny, hot off the presses logo for Praescius, visible in the group's information page, courtesy of Ookami!

[18:07] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: Saevitas: Another normal week for A-5, raids continue and a meeting was held to discuss how the new Saevitas gear will look. The only noteworthy event was a few ISP issues as comcast once again plots against the Ordo!

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. :]

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Any final reports?

[18:08] Hollowmengitus Yifu: HEY

[18:08] Kyra Vixen raises her paw.

[18:08] Hollowmengitus Yifu: WAIT UP

[18:08] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: /b/: Not a whole lot going on in Cohors B this week. A lot of people are going to be moved around, depending on activity levels. So be prepared for that. If you're in B-I, get those raids out! Tsukiyomi will be returning from his one-week break and things will start picking up again. For those of you in B-I who wish to remain there to advance onto Cohors A and so forth, and are not able to get raids in for what ever reason, please contact me.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Oh my bad. Continue.

[18:08] Hollowmengitus Yifu: ok

[18:08] Hollowmengitus Yifu: :)

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: OK. Thanks.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Vixen?

[18:08] Drasamax Python raises hand for IEA.

Tactica

[18:08] Kyra Vixen shouts: It must be officially summer, once again: We had an explosion of new militaries on the grid this week. We have a new military to our board... make that /five/ new militaries. Legion 2029 who, from the contact that supplied it to ne, is said to be the new K-Brigade. They have been placed as an E-8 target to begin with, and will likely be lowered soon, if no problems are encountered. Ironostics is back from the dead, and has been placed as NCO. ASR is seemingly a TG military, and has also been placed as an NCO target, along with The Megiddo.

Additionally, 39th Blackwatch has been added to the board, per the announcement of their classification on the forums. They are currently classified as Allied, however they are noted as "Skirmish", which means we can participate in combat with them. They are also still in rebuild, as of writing.

Finally, I would like to extend a warm thanks to 2142's Recon Division, who has been graciously offering information on updates with militaries over the grid, and in return, Tact

[18:08] Kyra Vixen shouts: ica has been responding in kind with new information when located. As always, if you find a military we don't have on our board, let us know! Many sets of eyes are better than few! This concludes this jam-packed Tactica report.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Python?

IEA

[18:09] Drasamax Python shouts: From myself for The Imperial Education Administration: Classes are still looking good in Schola and Armatura. Reports were turned in on time too. DaveyDarkStrider Oh and Bracket Crowley have been really dominating the Armatura activity log this week so kudos to them! \o/

[18:10] Drasamax Python shouts: • Other things to note in the IEA: The NCO-A course materials are still going through that implementation process (Steeltael Lykin has been mostly taking care of this so thanks to him). We've been getting a lot of useful feedback on them however and need to do a bit more testing before we get some instructors to teach the materials to anybody officially. We still have other ideas we want to move forward with but we've been slightly holding back on them till we get some of our current project ideas out of the way.

[18:10] Drasamax Python shouts: Our Armatura Director, Typhon Perun has been exploring some ideas for things we can add or change in Armatura. What I've seen so far hes working on a possible addition to Module A that has to do with voice chat usage and protocols which we will take a look at when he is fully finished with it.

[18:10] Drasamax Python shouts: And finally I know I mention this every week but It doesn't hurt to do it anyway since we're always getting new people who are sometimes unaware of how to become a Magister. If your looking to apply to be a Magister: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/13701-iea-scholaarmatura-recruitment-application/

[18:10] Drasamax Python shouts: That is all from the Imperial Education Administration.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. :]

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Moving right along.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: > Development / Sim

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Munitorum has been chipping away at the HUD. Models are completed, as are the core components. As I understand, we are simply waiting on the display that you will actually be looking at while the HUD is being worn. Once that is produced, it’ll all be meshed together and released for a beta run. It will be awesome to see this finished—most of all, I am looking forward to the goto:commands actually taking you to the right place without a proprietary additive. Haha.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Addendum: I was just handed a layout. So yey.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Otherwise, no other major changes to note (as far as I am aware) with other projects. Sim wise, however, we have been toying with some additions and mulling over structural revisions. This includes a potential red zone shift. However, Nikki has deployed some additional cover to see how that helps the road situation leading toward the lounge. If the new barricades prove sufficient, we will maintain our current lines. Stay tuned for any updates regarding that; we’ll keep an eye on how enemy attacks fair.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: > NCO-A / Learning Path

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: The IEA has hammered out a relatively finalized version of the NCO Academy (NCO-A). Last officer meeting, we spent a degree of time discussing its deployment and contents. Overall, there’s a general sense from me that the NCO-A is a great program and assist individuals in transitioning to the role of an NCO.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Deployment is where we had a lot of questions. It is a pretty extensive, hands on, lecture/review based curriculum—as such, it puts a lot of reliance on IEA manpower to keep it turning. For now, the NCO-A will be volunteer participation and encouraged for those seeking upper NCO roles. Once proper evaluation is given and we are confident staffing is adequate, it may take the place of the NCO promotion exams. So, rather than our “learning path” being Schola – Armatura – Exams, it’d look more like Schola – Armatura – NCO-A.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Class times will start popping up as IEA situates itself and prepares. Participation is definitely encouraged, regardless if you’re seeking upper NCO roles. It’d look good on a resume, after all.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: If we do decide to make the NCO-A mandatory, we will give ample heads up and ensure everyone has more than enough time to situate themselves for its implementation. If you have questions about the NCO-A beyond class times, please see one of the core folks for it: Zero Itamae, Awanken Wasp, Steeltael Lykin.

[18:16] Jath Andel: I am.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: > Chronus

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Chronus, our neighboring sim, is being maintained for now as an Ordo region. As such, it really should be stressed that use of the region is encouraged for training purposes. If your individual unit (or even small groups of folks) wish to go have fun there, you are more than welcome to. It’s a unique build, with a lot of neat elements. Let’s definitely try to make that sim worth the money that’s being paid for it!

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: If you /do/ wish to use Chronus for a function and it is running a bit slow, just notify an EM. We can reboot it at your request, which will refresh its resources. It does not get rebooted anywhere near as often as Titan, so, at times, it can be sluggish.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: In the event that Chronus does not find a great deal of use in the training role, we may do some exploration in to changing its service design for the Ordo. Originally, it /was/ intended to be an alternative combat ground for close knit combat against smaller enemies, but it really has not been much of a requested (or advertised) role by our foes or us.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Whatever the case may be, the sim is there, so let’s get some use out of it.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: > Script Time

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: As a reminder, especially for the newer folks, we do strive pretty hard to maintain a reasonable scripts-per-avatar standard. I have rezzed a script reader out in front of the podium: definitely try to push under /30/ scripts and/or 1.0mb. It’s not hard to do at all—I am a full furry avatar, and with a combat loadout I am only 21 scripts. A lot of avatar pieces are overloaded with random functional scripts that are completely unnecessary. If you need some assistance locating/eliminating them, bug your unit leads. :]

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Every little bit helps, quite a lot. When you maximize a little from each person by 50 folks on sim, it’s a huge impact on available resources.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: > Misc

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Promotions will be posted tomorrow. For those newer (and a reminder): promotions/merits/PRFs are handled weekly, typically up by Sunday morning. There is a deadline for inclusion into a week’s round: 3:00 PM SLT on Saturday. So be sure to get your PRFs in and any recommendations by that time. Recommendations are done via notecard—if you see someone doing something awesome that you feel should be noted, simply write it down and send it on over to me. Please send a copy to your unit leader as well.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Use of the calendar is highly encouraged. We post notable events on there regularly. Additionally, if there’s anything you like added, most officers and staff have access to do so. http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/calendar/

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Next. We will be establishing an “Allied” group here shortly to allow folks to set their homes. Keep your eyes tuned. We’ll announce the name on the forums. Titan Force Five is alluring, but improbable.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Neeext. VOTE. http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/13885-poll-teamspeak-3-ventrilo/

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Ending in a couple of days. So get your choice out!

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Neeeext. Scheduling annual group photo soon.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: And lastly, the forums have quite a lot of resources available for every member. Generally, folks can find a lot of answers in the “policy” section: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/forum/88-policy/

We update it regularly to reflect any major, in-stone sort of things for the Ordo. Also, you can check your division specific forums for any division specific events, changes, so on and so forth. Definitely make it a habit to review whenever you have some free time. The forums are a great tool.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: That said. Thank you all for coming. Sorry that the meeting was in WARP SPEED today. I've got to run off to a function at 7, so I had to rush. Go get your raids out! Numbers were up from last week, but still a tad short of our 3 a day goal.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: So get to it. >;o

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed. I'll be back in a little bit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.