Clicky

Xoza

APB Reloaded

So, as per usual every weekend, I cruise around the internet checking status on games I'm waiting for, or just looking for new things out there to try, and I found APB Reloaded. Its kinda an MMO / Shooter that's like GTA4+SaintsRow & it's free to play.

Downside however is its ALL PvP, I tend to enjoy PvE more, but I think of this as Battlefield type game, and we do PvP daily anyway in Ordo so I'm not minding it so much anymore. And it has TONS of character options. I have to say out of all the games I've played, this one takes the cake for custom creations.

I myself obviously went Enforcer.. because we are Ordo after all. Bring Order to the Chaos of the streets!

Figured I would post this because its a good short, don't have to spend a ton of time to play kinda game.

/>http://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/

Edited by Xoza Tyron

I was in the original Real Time Worlds beta as well as Reloaded. And while I liked the idea of a Free to Play model they were aiming for, especially with the obvious failure of the original, they attempted to severely limit options. It wasn't a bad route at the start, -- such as limiting the number of decals per clothing or vehicle -- but having MOST of the decals and all additional fonts locked without a premium account (and the chance that you would unlock them at the end of missions) was certainly a stretch, especially without any significant intrinsic benefits to having a premium account. Their cash shop is ridiculous overpriced (a big topic in the forums), though there is certainly nothing stopping anyone from grinding their character to unlock weapons normally. Factions gave way to Contacts in regards to unlock paths, requiring significant time spent on unlocking various paths of clothing, weapons, or vehicles.

However, ultimately what the failed at were putting up decent servers. When the average ping of a server in the same county as me is 100-200, it's a little ridiculous, and I feel bad for those on the east coast who were in my clan.

With regard to actual gameplay, it gets repetitive and grindy for the amount of missions you need to clear on a single contact before they are max level. Though it is just fun to drive around at times, even if the dump trucks got nerfed.

I was in the RTW closed/open and had purchased the game etc. And yeah gamerfirst improved a lot of stuff and as far as servers go, I live in the US but use a Euro server and get very minimal lag but I experience more lag on a US server.

I think that they want to open up the chaos rule set, RTW had plans for it as well as zombies or something, I'm not sure. But I think the best way to keep it alive is, yeah - give people something to do that isn't just the same missions and pew pew all day every day.

They are testing a lot of stuff on their beta server though, so they are trying to do things - last week they had us do a lot of testing on there.

I'm currently on the US West Server

I haven't spent any money on their stuff, I do the missions though irritating at some times it doesn't matter if you win or loose you still end up unlocking things.. I'm not to fond of the timers on the weapons, but by the time it expires I've unlocked a better one anyway and have tons of money to play with. There are other things you can do, and I believe there next 'big' update will fix/add a lot of things. However, I didn't play the non-free one, so I'm not sure how different they are now. There are a few limits on some things, its understandable, just got to be creative.

Tried to create an APB account, but for some reason it kept having issues with EVERY LAST ONE of my Usernames and Nicknames that I would place into the appropriate sections. Everything was done right, but it would always say "Unable to Validate Username / Nickname".

I don't remember EVER having an account with these guys so... :/

I've found myself becoming addicted to this game lately. But sometimes finding a group to play with can be a hassle, and flying solo just means you'll be knocked into whatever group open. And teammates on this game...oh my god, why?

So I'm reaching out to you guys, Ordo~

I'd love to see this game be alot more played by you guys. The game does have major issues, server side at the moment, but those are being rectified, and do NOT ruin the overall experience. My favorite part is the customization, which has never been this deep in any game ever. You can literally design your favorite t-shirt and all. Even making Ordo's logo is possible, and I don't believe that hard, since the logo is simpler than most.

Currently, I'm a silver rank Criminal in game, making my way towards Gold rank, and I'm on alot. 

If needed I'd even pay out of pocket to get a clan started on this game~

So any opinions?

It just exists, I'm the owner of it, I don't know anyone that plays APB anymore. My issue with it was the horrible imbalance.

And the hacking.

And the server issues.

And the community.

And the glitchiness.

but oh my god this game is still so fun~ And ah alright. Well if you guys ever come back I'm always on~