Clicky

Krow Ames

Of raids and behavior!

Hi guys! I'm the Commanding Officer of Insidiae, A-3. I'm an O-3, a Centurion. I've been with Ordo for quite a while, and there's a growing trend that I'd like to talk about for a few minutes.

Lately, I've been noticing people getting upset about not getting chosen for raids. I'll cut to the chase: When you get upset about something so trivial, it makes you a less attractive option when recruiting for future raids.

The meat and potatoes of it is, a raid leader has complete control over who he brings with him. I just want to offer that as a friendly reminder! If you don't get chosen, that's too bad, but there's always next time. Also, in this organization, you have the option of stepping up and trying to become a raid leader yourself. I encourage my XO and raid-level NCO's to take as many raids out as they can during the week. No other organization offers a command tree like Ordo's. We have the most sophisticated rank system out of anyone else, honed over many years of activity on the grid. Trust me when I say that anyone can make officer if you're dedicated and level headed/stable. But at the very least, you can become a raid capable NCO and lead your own raids!

I will say that it is unfair for a raid leader to have to rotate his retinue because some people didn't get chosen and others did. As a raid leader, myself, I can tell you that this overly complicates things when you have that on top of an ongoing battle and ratio management. If you didn't get to go on a raid every day this week, you can always cry on my shoulder. <3

HAVE FUN. That's an order.

tl;dr

Not chosen to raid? y u so mad, bro? Wait for the next one.

While I agree with this I also do feel the need to mention that favoritism should never play a factor. As a raid leader you should look at "Who haven't I fought with in a while." or "Who needs the combat time more?" I really don't think any of the raid leaders practice favoritism or are bias to one person over another. Just throwing it out there.

On another end of the spectrum, to those of you with extensive combat deployments: Think about those around you. I understand that some of the most fun you can have is on a raid. However I don't feel that fun should be exclusive to the person who can type "I Volunteer" the fastest. If you've deployed 8 times this week and a raid call doesn't go out.. Put your hand up last this time. Some people only get 1~2 chances a week to raid, while others can afford 14 hours a day to Ordo.

A little added food for thought.

Let's also not forget that squads and flights are, or SHOULD be doing raids of their own.. and since we're ALL in a squad or a flight, noone should be getting left out in the first place. I know from experience that Krow has a minimum raid requirement in A-III, was three... I think, though he may have changed it... anyway, when I was a nubnub in Ordo and under Krow's command we'd set up 2-3 squad raids a week, each lead either by Krow, his XO or whomever his highest ranking NCO was at the time. If we were short, then we'd try to get in on a random raid going out, or we'd ask Krow to take us out on one so we could get ours in. Everyone in Ordo is expected to be a leader, from the lowest E-1 all the way up to the Imperator himself.. This is something our Lord Imperator has impressed upon us since the beginning and its something that EACH of you, especially those of you who are Officer Candidates or those of you who are too Junior to apply are thinking about becoming, should be striving for. As was said by General Charles Krulak, the 31st Commandant of the Marine Corps "If two Marine Privates are walking side by side, ONE of them is in command." The same applies here to Ordo

Part of leadership is taking the bull by the horns and being PRO-active. OK, so you cant "lead" a raid, there are other ways to go about getting the job done though. If I recall correctly (and please correct me if Im mistaken) anyone, of any rank can lead a raid PROVIDED THAT THEY HAVE A CHAPERON OF THE APPROPRIATE RANK FOR THE TARGET. This means that an E-3 can be the "raid leader" for an E-5 target as long as there's someone there who can take command if things start getting out of hand. Don't be afraid to step up, don't be afraid to say "hey I wanna lead a raid," the absolute WORST thing that can happen is that you get told NO... The fact that you're stepping up and willing to do the job will stick in the minds of those around you as LONG as it's consistent. I have no qualms with "babysitting" a raid, nor do any of the other officers and SRNCOs that I know.. so dont be afraid to ask.

To add a note onto Kisho's post. It is a requirement for Terra Alpha membership to maintain at least three raids a week or at least show a concerted effort to achieve said activity requirements. As such, for those looking to go out on raids, if you see senior NCOs or officers from said Alpha units standing around, bother them, they have extra motivation to lead those raids. It helps them and it helps you. :>

We werent talkin about anyone in particular Kurama... this has been an old and ongoing complaint for as long as Ive been in Ordo... We're offering ways to end the complaints is all... give ppl that REALLy want to raid that badly an idea of how it works and how they can get all the raiding in they can handle IF they're willing to step up to the plate and do more than complain about it not happening.

Hey, I'm always free to look after raids as long as they come up to me saying "hey, Can you observe me" said the random e-4

"sure thing, I'll do it" Said ookami gives a thumbs up for an okay.

Another thing to note >.>

Some people usually afriad to take raids or even ask to take one out cause there are always higher ranks doing it, like really high Nco and officer. But then again it's usally a high nco job or even an officer to take raids out.

Edited by Ookamiwulf Lemton

I'd happily take raids out, but usually when I try the following happens:

1) An officer takes over

2) There's not enough people online to start one

3) People are too lazy to want to do one

4) Targets lack people < COMMON

first three are pretty rare, 4th one, a raid pretty much counts as of 3 soldiers if I'm correct.

p.S. IF i HAVE a chance to raid, I'll let you take it over.

usually at the time I usally log in to be at titan, its either nobody up for it or active, or that problem is on the opposing force's side.

Its kinda what happens typically and its to be expected. Ill usually pick a small few and encamp some sniper teams within new jessie during low population till titan gets messed with. Just a little alternative.